Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 2011 Fall Matchbox Swap Update 9-11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 2011 Fall Matchbox Swap Update 9-11 Next Topic
Page: of 8

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  1:29:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amber, Sorry you will not be joining us for this swap, it really is fun and not that much work. Maybe next time. Thanks for letting me know.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  10:25:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sherry!
Just wanted to let you know that my matchboxes are running a tad behind. The radiator in my vehicle cracked and it's been sitting in the shop all weekend. The kids and I are staying over at my mothers until it's fixed, which is hopefully today, at the latest tomorrow. The matchboxes, along with my Cupcakes ATCs, are sitting at the house waiting to be completed and mailed. My weekend project has been sitting alone undone for three days.
I will be getting the matchboxes to you ASAP. You should have them, at the latest, by Monday. I'll send them priority mail. Hope this doesn't put too much of a kink in things.
This is my first time doing this and I'm hoping they meet with approval. It's been interesting and fun. I can't wait to see everyone elses.
Wondering where and how does everyone store their matchbox collection? ATCs are kept in a notebook for viewing. Wondering about matchboxes..... Suggestions?
Thanks!
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  1:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea, No worries, that will be fine whenever you can send them, just glad you are still in the swap with us. Sorry to hear about your radiator that always a bummer! My daughter (Markie) and I plan on putting out matchboxes on a wreath for a fall decoration. I plan on posting a picture as soon as we receieve everyones boxes and make the swap and decorate the wreath. Other ones have put magents on the back and put them on their frig or you could hang them from one of those stick trees, I've thought about that too. So just whatever you want to do with them. Hope this helps.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  7:10:42 PM  Show Profile
My boxes will be in priority mail by Thursday.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  7:26:21 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sylvia for letting me know. Glad your still with us. They are all looking very cute.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  08:08:17 AM  Show Profile
Sweettea59,

My fall matchboxes are in the mail and on their way to you.
I sent you an e-mail with the confirmation tracking number.

Deborah
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  11:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Deborah, I'll let you know when I receive them. Can't wait to see them.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  12:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie, I received your matchboxes today in the mail. Thanks so much

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

gathered herb
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Patty
Ormond Beach florida
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  12:22:23 PM  Show Profile
I would love to give this a try.... how big are the boxes. Also , how many items in a box? patty, gathered herb
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  5:05:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie, Received your matchboxes today. They are just great. We are going to have a beautiful array of matchboxes.Thank you

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  1:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Sorry. Life has kinda gptten in the way. Will mail my boxes out tomorrow and hope they are to you in time. Thanks for doing thisswap. I had fun and can't wait to see whats coming. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  7:55:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Joann, You have done great. Thanks for letting me know how things are. Have a great day!

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  8:22:52 PM  Show Profile
Okay I give up! This project has conpired against me ever since I signed up for it. I have all the supplies here and sat down to put them together tonight and get them in the mail first thing in the morning. Now, the item I want to put in the box will not fit without modifications and I find myself with no glue. Since I was going to mail these on the way out of town-there is no way I can complete them and get them in by the deadline. I am so sorry for this. Please forgive me.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  10:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Maybe you could get them in ASAP and we could delay the deadline a tiny bit? Just a thought. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  06:42:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Joey! After a nights sleep I have calmed down and I am not so mad at myself. If the deadline could be delyed a bit, I could get these in the mail on Monday morning. I just looked and Sheery is in Texas, so she would get the boxes by Wednesday, maybe even Tuesday since I will mail priority. I will continue working on them as much as I can while traveling and plan to mail on monday unless Sherry tells me not to bother.
Still a little mad at myself....

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  10:47:40 AM  Show Profile
SylviaE, that is no problem at all, I still have not heard from a few more girls, so please don't stress over them next week will be fine. Just you letting me know is great. Not a problem, this is suppose to be fun not stressful. Take deep breaths and know everything is good.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5143 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5143 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  6:26:48 PM  Show Profile
I just joined, so much info! can you tell me how this works, may I join in making a matchbox? or is it too late for this one?
Go to Top of Page

BrendaPetersen
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Brenda
Stapleton Nebraska
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  8:15:20 PM  Show Profile
Sherry - our boxes are done! They were a delight to make and seeking out treasure to put inside has been such fun! Our boxes will go out priority tomorrow AM - you should havebthem by Monday! Blessings

"be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor the devil says - ah crap SHE'S up!!!"
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  08:31:33 AM  Show Profile
Morning Brenda,
Thanks for letting me know, is they are fun to make and the prize inside. Just wait till you get the fun 21 back to open. My daughter and I do it together. Even when the boxes come from one of you I will not open it until she is here with me. I'll post when I get your boxes. Thanks again.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  10:31:05 AM  Show Profile
i'm putting mine together this weekend finally- sorry that i am so late!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  1:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Elaine and Deborah, I have received both of your matchboxes. Just too cute. All the colors of everyones boxes are going so well together. This is going to be fun. I'm getting my wreath ready to display all of my swap ones. Have a great weekend everyone.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

gathered herb
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Patty
Ormond Beach florida
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  4:09:47 PM  Show Profile
Greetings Sherry, I have all my box's decorated. Now for the fun part, finding the goodies to go inside!!! Tomorrow is a busy day... church, & my hubby is in a assitted living due to a stroke. I like to spend sunday afternoons with him. I will try to great them to you this week.

Have a blessed day, patty
gathered herb
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  6:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patty, You have done great. Thank You. You enjoy your day with your husband, our prayers are with you both.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  10:09:08 AM  Show Profile
as i am working on mine-not all of my stuff fits inside!
waitin for the glue to dry.....

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1243 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1243 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  6:43:11 PM  Show Profile
I am cheering for you Margo, It will all come together. Thanks for hanging in there. Hope to hear soon that everything is good.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 2011 Fall Matchbox Swap Update 9-11 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page