MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  02:15:38 AM  Show Profile
GREAT advice Lanna! I second every word you said.

The LLL book is the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. (it's the one that LLL puts out to support them). I liked it really well, however, as far as social and breastfeeding advice goes together I liked Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers. I don't own it yet, but I read it in a store once and really loved it. A lot of what it said made soooooooo much sense!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  5:43:18 PM  Show Profile
Heather: No I'm not sure on the size, but every time I've measured none of the numbers make sense. I must have odd proportions because I come out as something like an A cup when I can barely fit into most C cups and even some Ds. It doesn't help I hate shopping for bras. They are expensive and I don't like shopping anyway. I've found that if I just wear bras without the underwire things are fine.

Krystle: Montana seems to be a great family place. I forget how friendly toward moms and little ones until I leave on visits elsewhere. There are some pretty good laws regarding breast feeding in public and things like pregnancy cannot be considered a pre-existing condition for your insurance. I'm not far from Flathead Lake. When are you moving? There are several groups of LLL and other support groups. Kalispell and Missoula both have some pretty good resources.

~"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  8:46:15 PM  Show Profile
Well every manufacturer makes a different shape cup and what not so the measurements are not really telling at all. It depends on the cup make, and so much, that's why I like the store in NYC it does not involve any measuring tapes at all! It goes by your shape and size, and the brand of bra that fits your shape best.

Being a A-D though probably isn't that important to have a underwire, when you are my size though a I or J cup then with out a underwire the bra begins to break down at the band very fast and before you know your boobs are around your belly button and not where they are supposed to be! haha

I if I was a A cup though there is probably no way I would spend the extra money on a underwire. haha My chest at it's largest line is 50 inches around, I am only 56 inches tall! Says a lot huh? haha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Nursing advice Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page