Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 need to move-update at the end
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic need to move-update at the end Next Topic  

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  08:46:22 AM  Show Profile
long story short-am living on my mother's property in northern michigan...had a big disagreement which is forcing me to decide to move away....no money saved so it may take awhile-

i can go to school anywhere tho i love where i am at- have a job here tho feel confident i could find SOMETHING somewhere-
my kids and grands are in ohio; another option is wisconsin -green bay or surrounding area...or somewhere near where i am --tho school and job are all that would keep me here

anyone have a rental cheap? need to accept a cat and dog...

i'm very depressed about this turn of events but i am determined not to cave in...its a principle thing

thx for listening--there is obviously more that i am NOT saying--just know that it really took alot to get to this.....

update:I want to thank everyone for their comments and prayers!last week; the stuff with my DIL had me in tears and wanting to just run away from everything....i'm trying to maintain composure-i truly have so many blessings, including my new farmgirl sisters!

i/we are not able to move yet and i don't know when it will happen--but it will- it's a salvation thing for me now--and i dont know if my roomie is staying or going either---trying to take things one day at a time and trying not to get in God's way!!!!! funny how we do that!!!
anyhow-thanx for your caring!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Edited by - Penny Wise on Jun 10 2011 6:04:23 PM

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  12:49:00 PM  Show Profile
Margo I am praying for you. While we are going thru things it might not make sense but this is happening for a reason. No telling what great things await you at your new location.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  4:39:31 PM  Show Profile
now i find out my darlin daughter broke up with her guy of a year cuz of the guys exwife.....life stinks some days.....maybe i should get some cheese for my whine....

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  4:43:40 PM  Show Profile
Margo,
I hope thing work out for you. Do you live alone? How far would you be willing to move?

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  4:55:58 PM  Show Profile
diane-no; my ex husband moved back in with me. we would be willing to move to wisconsin near his family(they are in reen bay area) or to ohio near mine(cost of living waaay high there!)- however right now the cost of moving and getting settled (deposit etc)is the hardest issue......

its so upsetting!
we have a small dog and a cat-both rescues which cause issues as well- we love to have some yard and garden area tho i would be ok in an apt with my school schedule- he is retired-not by choice so i would love to find someplace he could get outside and putter!!!

we have reinvented before and will again-hard thin is this is my birth mom who gave me up at birth and we reunited 11 yrs ago---so it hurts more .

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  4:57:30 PM  Show Profile
if i were alone i would go to that farm thats looking for farmgirls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  04:37:54 AM  Show Profile
Margo~ I am thinking of you and hoping that all turns out well.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  06:53:20 AM  Show Profile
Margo,
I am so sorry about your rift with your Birth-Mom. I don't know the details but if must hurt real deep. Green Bay is lovely and the prices for rentals are reasonable. I wish you luck and send you prayers on your move.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

ChickieMama
True Blue Farmgirl

303 Posts

Angela
Banks Oregon
USA
303 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  12:02:10 AM  Show Profile
I will be thinking of you and hope things turn out well for you...hugs.

Farmgirl Sister#2808
"Happy Hens make Happy Eggs"
http://lazyjoranch.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/lazyjoranch
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  10:13:35 PM  Show Profile
Margo, my heart goes out to ya. Keep your positive attitude that all will work out as it should. Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  04:02:55 AM  Show Profile
thanx sisters for your comfort.....it seems like it's not getting better; now my DIL has decided that i am losing my relationships with my children and she needs to help me salvage them! (i'm trying to mske light)

and my ex/roomie and i are not seeing eye to eye on lots of things suddenly...i wanna run away!!!!!! money-the root of ALL evil--is whats stopping me right now.....

i shall conquer tho there may be no survivors but myself!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  04:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Margo hope all is getting better for you. Did you get moved?
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  05:14:43 AM  Show Profile
Margo, really sorry for you! Life can be so disappointing sometimes. I just said a prayer for you. I hope things start to look up for you soon.

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  1:38:28 PM  Show Profile
yeah, there's an expression: "Want to make God laugh? tell him about your 'plans'"

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  04:03:53 AM  Show Profile
I said a prayer for you this morning, Margo. Hugs to you!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  6:57:39 PM  Show Profile
thanks, all, for your prayers and words of comfort.
today, mom took me for coffee; basically confined in the car with her-she dangled a very tempting carrot to try to get me to send my ex away...she really wants that control and showed she will go to just about any length!she hates him and does not want me to have him here.....
i really need to think and as i posted about school, two online classes start right now-heavy reading and lots of writing for the next 6 weeks-not really any time to "think"

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  8:58:24 PM  Show Profile
How are you doing Margo?
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  09:51:13 AM  Show Profile
the struggles continue;ome days they seem insurmountable.... and i keep praying...thanks for asking!
i always know that i have life eaiser than many and i have the comfort of friends! your post shows that!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  09:45:26 AM  Show Profile
i need to update just to keep my sanity...last weekend we made a flyin drive to ohio to my kids- eldest son got married--i did homework online all the way down and tried to on the way home-except that i was busy havin a total complete emotional breakdown....
we had a nice time with the one son and two of his three daughters at his wedding;my daughter was there as well as my fave (ex) brother in law .Spent the rest of the night with my daughter, her fella and his 9 year old daughter and my eldest granddaughter. Sunday mornin church at a wonderful contemporary service-other son and is wife are part of the music and their two wonderful kiddos were there-after church went for lunch with son etc and daughter etc.....

so---my breakdowj was taht i really really wanna go home!!!!! i should never have left the area when we did in 2002 (still in ohio tho)(followed hubby's dream job) and certainly should not have dragged hubby up here in 2009--my mother and the depressed area hurt him--- so----

my plan is to go home- by end of october i will be moved back to ohio- will take the fall off from school and get back in time before i have to start paying loans....need to find housing and a job ---today i am doing homework and want so badly to start packing....

my mother has no clue what i am planning; she is out of town and i will tell her -just not sure when.....

roomie (ex hubby) has not made the commitment to go but is talking logistics with me- truck rental etc....

only grandson is starting kinderarten this fall...i wanna see their school plays etc..i wanna go to soccer ames and teach the girls to sew and bake with them......waaaaaaaa....ok- i'm good!!!!!!

so-today i am asking my farmgirl sisters to keep me in your prayers and to help me gain the emotional and physical strength to do this..i have done it before- and CAN do it again!!!!

i owe a few barters- they will go out in the mail this week; i'm in the postcard swap and loving it! and i am in the fall matchbox swap and will get them out-then i probly will sit back for awhile.......
thx for listening!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic need to move-update at the end Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page