rebekahj
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Rebekah
Santa Cruz CA
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  09:35:07 AM  Show Profile
I love all of you farmgirls; you just make my day! I have been using this website to concentrate on other things than what is going on in my life, so I don't fall apart from stress and you all just make me feel so much better. My husband has been laid off for a year now and I will find out if I am getting laid off in two weeks from my state job, so I could potentially be a mess right now. However, I have just dove into the farmgirl website where I read what others write, I share my walks and all of the beauty in my life and it really helps. Thanks to all of you for de-stressing my life and making me feel so much better.

Urban-Farmgirl Sister #2173
http://chicken-merry.blogspot.com/

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  10:29:31 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah, I am so sorry that this is happening to both of you. I'll be saying prayers for you. I'm also really glad you've found comfort and consolation here among the farmgirls. They always uplift my spirits and make my day, too! Hang in there - it won't always be this way. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

rebekahj
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Rebekah
Santa Cruz CA
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  11:21:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Nini! You are right, nothing is forever and it will all work out one way or another...it always does!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  12:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, but it's just not fun at all when you're in it, huh? I really do understand, we've been there; not for quite as long, but when you're in it with no end in sight, it sure can feel like an eternity. It can also take heavy tolls on everyone involved. I'm hoping you'll receive miraculous news soon so your trial will come to an end. Nobody should ever have to go through this. Grandma always said, "It's a great life if you don't weaken," so just try to stay strong, Rebekah. And, as she also said, it is very true: "When one door closes, another one opens." I know the saying is a little different than that, but the gist is the same. Whenever things got tough, it was so comforting to hear her voice speaking those words in my head, because she, too, had been there, and survived. :) New beginnings: let's hope for great ones for both of you! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

rebekahj
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Rebekah
Santa Cruz CA
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  12:55:42 PM  Show Profile
I like your grandma! ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  6:11:47 PM  Show Profile
I think she would've liked you, too. She would've made you some pie and a nice hot cup o' tea and told you everything would be all right, "with the help of God." :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 11 2011 :  09:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Rebekah, oh sweet Cali farmgirl sister! I'm sorry. I have been a stay at home comfort 6 years now. Every year my DH works from 10-18 months 7 days a week, and then gets a few months off. This year, however, with a 1 year old mortgage, it doesn't look like there is any work. The state is too broke!! We were looking at finances last night. We have gone from very comfortable, to nervous in 2 months. I keep saying I need to go back to work. Neither of us really want that, but I think I need to. Problem, there really isn't a lot of jobs available, especially with the bad economy, and me being out of work so long.
I'll be praying for you and your hubby. I know things are hard. Money is a totally necessary evil isn't it!? Stay strong, don't give up. I'm glad you are encouraged by mjf. It's a wonderful place, full of amazing women.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - May 11 2011 :  09:12:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rebekah, so sorry to hear this...but I can completely understand how you feel better just by being on the forum and being a farmgirl. It truly has made a difference in my outlook on life too. We are not in the same situation, but the support is there for all of us just the same and that is so rare now-a-days:) I love the fact that we all come from all walks of life, different regions and yet, aspire to live a certain way. It is a blessing to find common ground with other woman:) I hope you don't get laid off and will keep your family in my prayers. Wish I could do more. Hugs, Erica
Go to Top of Page

rebekahj
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Rebekah
Santa Cruz CA
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  07:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I received a card in the mail, a couple emails and all of your responses here. You ladies are truly amazing! I just want to say thank you again. I am so happy that I found this group. You all keep me going!

I received wonderful news early this week that my department has been spared any layoffs this year. I am so incredibly grateful. I can finally relax.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone of you for being a Farmgirl Sister of mine!

Edited by - rebekahj on May 13 2011 07:50:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  07:54:47 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah,

Glad to hear that your department is being spared any layoffs!

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

rebekahj
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Rebekah
Santa Cruz CA
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  07:58:30 AM  Show Profile
Carole: I received your card and mail art yesterday. I was just going to send you a thank you! It was so thoughtful and kind of you to think of me. May your kindness come back to you many times over! Hugs to you!

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  7:07:24 PM  Show Profile
I am glad you didnt get laid off