Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What is your favorite thing about being a Mom?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is your favorite thing about being a Mom? Next Topic  

Arctic Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Marjorie
Nenana Alaska
USA
85 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  1:45:18 PM  Show Profile
I lost my Mom when I was 11. My stepmother entered my life a year later. She taught me to sew, cook, clean, believe in God, treat people with respect and pray for those less fortunate. She is gone now too, but I was blessed twice in my life with 2 mothers and countless other woman who stepped in when I needed them. I never get tired of being a mother myself. Seems like blessings come from many places. And my favorite thing about being a mom is the pure joy of sharing the growth of a child.

Happy Mother's Day to all you farm girls.

Farmgirl #2416

Believe in the power of Love!

Edited by - Arctic Flower on May 07 2011 1:52:04 PM

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2319 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2319 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  1:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Being a mom is wonderful, but being a Grandma is even better! Can't have one without the other! Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  2:11:25 PM  Show Profile
It will probably sound silly, but my favorite thing about being a Mom is knowing that I will never be alone. If I love my children with all of my heart and know that I am doing my best to raise them and love them, then I know they will always be near me. I never have to worry about wondering if when I am old will I face challenges alone. No. My children will always be there, somewhere. Even if not close in body, I know that they will be dear to my heart and fill that empty feeling that sometimes other things can leave behind.
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

caseyscottage
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Stephanie
Independence MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  3:16:33 PM  Show Profile
I'm mom to a fabulous 15 year old and a feisty 8 month old. I love the different personalities of my girls, and I love watching them become individuals. I love all the different stages they go through. Right now I am especially loving all the new things my baby girl is learning. She is determined to crawl, but has not moved past the sitting on her knees stage. She's so funny.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  3:20:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm a mom to an independent, thoughtful, conscientious, spiritual,good humored, self sufficient 20 year old daughter. My favorite part of being a mom is knowing that I helped to raise this wonderful young woman.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  3:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love holding my daughter and feeling her tight hugs. I love watching her grow and blossom and reach for the stars. She is amazing and I am truly in awe that I get to know this little person. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  4:13:52 PM  Show Profile
my daughter sent me a mothers day card that she wrote in, and one of the things that she said was: she loved the little things that I taught her growing up, but her favorite was showing her how to hold onto her long sleeve shirt, before slidding into her jacket so it would not bunch up,lol... so i guess I love all the little things that made her smile, and that she remembered soooo many years later, which made me smile...
Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  4:27:05 PM  Show Profile
I am the mom of 3 great kids. They are so alike yet so different...I enjoyed seeing how each of them turned into the person they are now.
I am so proud of them! My only daughter gave me the BIGGEST compliment ever not too long ago. She said, "Mom, we all (she and her brothers)agree that we hope we can raise our kids the same way you raised us!" I can ask for nothing more satisfying in life than my kids!

~Vicky~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. ~~Ronald Reagan

Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  08:13:54 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mothers Day to all of you farmgirls!!

~Vicky~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. ~~Ronald Reagan

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6657 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6657 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  08:27:47 AM  Show Profile
My favorite thing about being a Mom is my Son Kent, without him I would not be a Mom. Being a Mom to Kent is one of the greatest Blessings of my Life.
Thank you Sweetie I sure love you.
Farm girl Hugs,
Mom

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  09:09:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm Mom to two wonderful sons. I raised them as a single mom. That was difficult in itself. They both appreciate me. I sent both of them to college and they both graduated. WooHoo. How wonderful is that? I wish one of them lived closer to me, but we still have good conversations on the phone. What else to say? I love them both!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  10:03:29 AM  Show Profile
I am Mom to five and Mammaw to eleven! The very best part, is hearing their laughter and getting hugs, along with watching them grow in grace!

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!

Edited by - Shi-anne on May 08 2011 10:15:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  5:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
i adore all my babies, but things have been tough the past several years and my oldest son continual reminds me why i love being a mama. his 110% devotion to me dispite everything that has happened is astounding. a few months ago, the boys from church started mocking him as a "mama's boy." for a nearly 13 year old, that is quite an insult, but george had no qualms about who he is. over weeks as the teasing escalated he reached a breaking point and one night announced, "yes, i AM a mama's boy and if you don't like it you can talk to my fist." the other boys were speachless and the teasing ended imediately. i don't advocate fighting, but i treasure the pride he takes in being my son.

www.barefootfashion.wordpress.com

http://www.corrinemackrell.carbonmade.com
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  8:05:28 PM  Show Profile
I treasure the moments everyone"clicks" as a family. Our 12 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter are getting along vs arguing and my hubby and I smile at each other and think "ya know, we might just get thru this after all"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is your favorite thing about being a Mom? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page