Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 baby quilt...HELP NEEDED!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic baby quilt...HELP NEEDED!!! Next Topic  

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  06:45:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirl Sisters~ can you help me out?? I'm making a baby quilt for a friend that is due in July, she is having a girl...any ideas on a quilt pattern I should make?? I've been looking and I have come to a block and can't really find any pattern I'd like to make for her little one. Thank you for your help!!

Lori

Edited by - crafter on May 04 2011 06:46:16 AM

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  08:31:11 AM  Show Profile
If you do a simple one then you can play with some neats fabrics. Friendship start is fun or hole in the barn door!
http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/friend_star.htm
http://www.quilt-lovers-guide.com/hole-in-the-barn-door.html

Here are a couple sites to show you what they look like!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
http://farmmade.com/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=9&p=catalog&mode=vendor&parent=0&mid=0&search_in=all&search_str=&vid=88&pg=a
Go to Top of Page

mountainmomma
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Miriam
Jonas Pennsylvania
USA
42 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  09:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Send mountainmomma a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by crafter

Hey Farmgirl Sisters~ can you help me out?? I'm making a baby quilt for a friend that is due in July, she is having a girl...any ideas on a quilt pattern I should make?? I've been looking and I have come to a block and can't really find any pattern I'd like to make for her little one. Thank you for your help!!

Lori

I have made several baby quilts and usually have one on hand but don't at the moment. I was thinking about doing one of those rag quilts in pastel colors. I haven't figured out how to post pictures here yet so I can't show you any of the ones I've made.

I have a PC program called Quilt Pro that is helpful with figuring out pattern, layout and how much fabric you need etc. I like to go to: http://www.quilterscache.com for patterns too.

Miriam

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  09:34:03 AM  Show Profile
Have you ever used the little paperback book "P.S. I LOVE YOU"? It has adorable patterns for baby quilts. I could lend it to you if you like.

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  11:12:58 AM  Show Profile
I will check the library to see if that book is there...I will let you know- thank you so much for the ideas...my daughter is going to make the baby a rag quilt..we have some adorable sweet pea flannel...keep that baby girl warm in the Wisconsin winters!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile
i love yellow brick road pattern in vintage look fabrics backed with either flannel or minkie

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  07:10:42 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jo-
I have that pattern, I forgot all about it. What a great idea, I ordered the PS I Love You book also form amazon, our library didn't have it. Such great ideas- thank you everyone!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  09:09:56 AM  Show Profile
I just started a quilt for a grandbaby due in July as well.....I was stuck for several days, thinking and thinking about how I wanted to do this one! The mom is using sage green and browns and wants to go with a jungle theme....I found the perfect material a few weeks ago...2 different prints....but had no idea how I wanted to do it! Finally I thought of using a 12" X 12" scrapebook page as a pattern.....cut the squares out....then decided to cut those squares into triangles...then cut again....NOW I have them all cut and will mix and match the triangles into squares again, alternating the prints, and sew together...I plan to tack it with matching yarn...so wish me well....Lori I know you will have a great quilt, made with love, that's what counts! Best wishes to the new baby and you and mom!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic baby quilt...HELP NEEDED!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page