Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 18

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  05:11:44 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I got your email, and will send your holiday cookbook in a couple of days. This is fun!

Daffodil, I am sending yours soon, too!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  05:36:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jeannie,
I ordered yours this morning. How fun. I hope we do another round.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  4:06:28 PM  Show Profile
Candismom and Daffodil Dreamer - both of your cookbooks went in the mail today. Daffodil - yours will take 4-6 weeks. I hope you both like what I sent! I had fun picking them out and sending them. Jeannie

Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 14 2006 06:47:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lora Mayea
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Lora
Paisley Oregon
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  12:11:32 PM  Show Profile
I would like to do this also--my family did a cookbook about a year ago and it's a good one--professionally printed like all the local ones. I will wait to hear who I should send it to! Fun! I collect cookbooks, probably have over 200. The recipes I would call basic, comfort food, for the most part, but a real good variety.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  12:39:38 PM  Show Profile
We did a family one once too. My husband's side of the family..mostly all us sister in law's recipes..it was fun and good! I wish I had one from my side of the family but most of them don't like to cook much. It would be mostly my recipes!
I think it is a great idea to use that one for the swap Lora..I know I would love to get one like that!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  08:13:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey Lora...WOW!!! 200 cookbooks!! I am jealous!!!I would love to swap with you for one of your family cookbooks for a cookbook from my province if you would like....just let me know...thanks, Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  1:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Darn... no response from Simplypixy...guess this swap was a dud for me!!

Kelly

When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  5:09:37 PM  Show Profile
KellyA - no, we will not let your swap be a dud! I will swap with you! It may not be a Christmas cookbook, as I have had trouble finding them, but I will send you one of some kind!!!!! Email me!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  04:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Thanks, jpbluesky...I sent you an e-mail!! :-)

Kelly

Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  04:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Gee, I just opened my e-mail, and I had a request from newheart, too, to swap!! Thanks, ladies!

Kelly

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  6:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hi All
So sorry I have been scarce, been a lot going on and I am trying to stay on top of it all but am not doing the greatest at it So sorry!! I am sorry that things were rough for two of you, but as always another farmgal came to your rescue! You all are the greatest!! Hope eveyone is getting and swapping and enjoying!! Hugz to all and feel free to e-mail me if I am not on like I normally am! And I promise I will keep a closer eye on my junk file because a few e-mails went there and I missed them (so sorry and you know who you are! )
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  12:39:26 PM  Show Profile
Mella,
Was just wondering if that package I sent had finally made it to Canada..it's been 9 days..was just curious how long it takes to get there.
~Tina

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2006 :  11:03:10 AM  Show Profile
Buttercup, you have created a fun swap here and I am thankful you are "heading it up". I, too, have found good emails in my junk email and now I have to try and remember to check them first. :)

Peace
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  3:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Hey...I finally heard from Simplypixy by e-mail!! Now I have 3 cookbooks to send out!!

Kelly

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  3:45:23 PM  Show Profile
OK, so round 3 is done? Are we going to have a round four?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  09:48:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tina, nope, not yet...I sent yours out on Thurs let me know when you get it!! hope you like it!! Cheers, Mella

mellaisbella "I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda...Round four sounds good to me!!!....off topic...just wondering... for you ladies that are not in Canada....What days does your mail get delivered?...

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  8:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jeannie,
Finally sent your book out today - should take a week or two. Hope you enjoy it!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  9:39:40 PM  Show Profile
wow, sent it out on the 10th..certainly hope it doesn't take much longer to get there.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  05:27:10 AM  Show Profile
Mella, I know my parents (in Ontario, Canada) do not get mail delivery on Saturdays. In the U.S.A. we get residential mail 6 days a week, sometimes not on weekends for businesses. If we have post boxes instead of mailbox at our house, we sometimes get the mail after Saturday/before Monday if postal workers are sorting on a weekend.

It takes forever (usually ten-18 days) for my mail to get to Canada addresses. I have family in Ontario and British Columbia. It takes about 7-15 days for me to receive mail from Canada; if it takes less than a week, it's a miracle!

Family members on both sides often hand-carry the mail through the border and mail it inside the destination country to save time.

Hope that helps!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  09:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jo....Great that your postal employees work on Saturdays!!! and Tina...not to worry, It will get here and I'm so excited to receive it!! Thanks..Melanie

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  4:33:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Jayne - can't wait!
Jeannie

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  5:39:05 PM  Show Profile
recieved a wonderful "Norske Nook" cookbook from Jana today..I am more than thrilled...reminds me so much of the cooking when I lived in Minnesota years ago...what a fun one!!!
Jana..you should be getting yours in the next couple of days..I hope you like it!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  7:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
HA! I ate at a Norske Nook restaurant in Wisconsin this summer on vacation... YUMMY PIES!! If another round starts, can I be added please?

Every way of a man seems right to himself but the Lord is the tester of hearts. Proverbs 21:2
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  01:27:50 AM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls....I am having troble understanding the THEME to this cookbook swap...I thought in my weak mind that is was just a Regional cookbook swap...Now when I read back pages I find out its a Holiday swap...I collected two cookbooks from Senior center..One for Buttercup my original partner whose emails I had trouble getting..and one for Kelly.. Does this mean I need to hustle up some holiday cook books also......Not a problem ,just confusing. ....newheart.......margie

Love of friends and family makes the world go round..and always a little Chocolate....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page