Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 18

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  04:38:55 AM  Show Profile
We plan to be at the market almost every Sat till January. My booth is one table away from goat lady dairy. Yes those truffles are wonderful! We also will be at the VA garlic festival in October if you ever come there look us up.
I always have recipes with me at the markets so I could give you some when we meet

My Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
]
My blog http://www.epicourier.com/Garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1796 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1796 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  05:12:39 AM  Show Profile
I would like to join the cookbook exchange.
Marlene Burns
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  05:22:47 AM  Show Profile
Count me in, too, please! There are lots of local cookbooks on my shelf and in little bookstores here. I would love to participate from north Florida (which is really the deep south and boy, can the women cook here!).
Jeannie

Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 13 2006 05:25:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  06:53:57 AM  Show Profile
Gosh, how many of us are from Florida? Jeannie whereabouts are you from? I'm up in the good old panhandle area of North Florida.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  5:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Welcome Marlene and Jeannie!!!
So glad you both could join!! As I am sure you already noticed the list closes Friday and I will post partners then!!

Hugz Till Then!!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  05:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Ok It's Friday!!!

Here is the list. I tried to take into consideration the few requests that were made. Please contact your partner for mailing information.

Cookbook swap partners;

Summerbreeze (WA) and Garliclady (NC)

JPBluesky (FL) and Aunt Jenny (UT)

MBurns (IA) and Aunt George (VA)

Brightmeadow (OH) and Berries (TX)

KellyA (NY) and Sleeplessreader (CA)

Lawsec03 (KY) and Granolagirl (FL)

Utahfarmgirl (UT) and Mellaisbella (Canada)

CMandle (MN) and Tina Michelle (FL)

Blueroses (ID) and Buttercup (Japan)

Thank you all for joining! I hope you all have a wonderful time with your new cookbooks!!! Happy cooking to everyone!!!

Hugz!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  09:02:43 AM  Show Profile
Ooh, TinaMichelle! I already have your snail mail address from the pen-pal swap and you should have mine too! I will send your cookbook out next week. I'm re-printing a very special cookbook that we made in my family - will take it in on Monday. I'll let you know when it ships!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  09:15:28 AM  Show Profile
ooh cool! Yes, I have your address. Will be sending the cookbook soon. I'll probably ship it on Monday too.
~Tina

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  03:45:27 AM  Show Profile
M Burns...Iowa....I sent you an email last Friday. Don't know if you got it or not! Please email me, I have your package ready to go out in the mail! You can just click on my name in the left hand box and it will give you a Mary Janes email message area. (I'm sure you probably already know that!) Thanks, looking forward to some great Iowa regional cooking. I love Iowa cooking! When I was a little girl we went to the Amana colony for dinner on occasion. It was served family style and was wonderful!!

Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  05:55:07 AM  Show Profile
Granolagirl, I sent you an e-mail last Friday. Did you get it?

http://www.puremommashop.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  1:09:30 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny - I am so happy to be sending you a cookbook! Do you have any requests as to what kind of recipes? Actually I have one our church women put together a couple of years ago. Would you like that? I have your address from the Mail Art list!

Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 17 2006 6:07:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  1:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Catherine,
I'll be shipping your Florida cookbook out tomorrow. I included one of my own recipes in there for you. ;0)
You'll get it soon.
~Tina Michelle

Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  2:09:03 PM  Show Profile
Tina Michelle,

Great! I can't wait to see it! I just took the family cookbook I'm sending to you in for a re-print today so it will ship out Wednesday, should be there by the weekend. LOVE Farmgirl Mail!!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  8:13:18 PM  Show Profile
I am excited to swap with you, too, Jeannie!! That cookbook you mentioned sounds wonderful! I know just the one to send you..it is written by a local gal and has wonderful recipes...I will get it sent off this week! How fun!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  12:12:52 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny - I mailed the cookbook to you on Friday morning. Hope you enjoy it!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  07:28:45 AM  Show Profile
How's this swap going? Arewe having fun? I didn't jump in last time, but I sure would like to be added to the next round, if there is one.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  07:41:51 AM  Show Profile
We are having SO much fun! Tina Michelle just sent me a fabulous "Fresh from Florida" cookbook that I can't wait to use. I sent mine off to her last week and it will hopefully get there soon. She also included a recipe for her "Taste of Florida Cake" that I plan to make for my first farmgirl chapter meeting next month. Thanks Tina!!!

Catherine :)
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  09:03:56 AM  Show Profile
You are ever so welcome!

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  9:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Jo!

So sorry you missed it... I am totally up for another one if anyone else wants to join us... I love these swap things!!!! and I LOVE to cook so....
Give a few more days for everyone to get theirs and then maybe we can start another round with any interested gals....does that sound ok? Let me know...and anyone else who missed the first time or wants to go again, let me know!

Hugz!!

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  08:19:39 AM  Show Profile
Buttercup - that sounds good. I'll be happy to wait for a few more to join in the next round.

C'mon, we know that there are a few of you lurkers out there!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  10:08:30 AM  Show Profile
Catherine I got the cookbook today! Thanks so much! I loved the Christmas cinnamon buns recipe..LOL ( on Christmas morning..rush to the mall and buy the last box with extra frosting..then rush home and zap them in the microwave..serve with grandma's breakfast bake for extra nutrition..ha )that was cute...it's a lovely family cookbook, you did a terrific job on it!.
this swap has been so very fun!

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  7:57:45 PM  Show Profile
Gloria -
I opened your package today and OH MY GOSH!!!!! I am so thrilled with the cookbooks and also the pillowcases! They are gorgeous and the strawberries will definitely remind me of you! I put them on a couple of pillows on my couch - I was wondering how to make my autumn-looking living room more summery and I think you did it for me! They are perfect.

I love both the cookbooks you sent and had to laugh because one of them was from the local weaver's and spinner's guild (and quilt guild) - exactly what I was looking for to send you! Too funny!

Next time there is a swap I want to be your partner again!!!!!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Edited by - brightmeadow on Jul 24 2006 7:58:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  8:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Glad you liked it Tina! I just spent the evening on the couch reading the Fresh from Florida cookbook that you sent. Watermelon and strawberry salsa! So cool. I loved reading the description of all of the different kinds of tropical fruits too. We get some of those up here, but some are totally new to me. I plan to visit Florida in October when my niece is born and just may have to stop at a fruit stand too!!

Thanks again!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  05:36:47 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Brenda! Your welcome! So glad you like everything. I couldn't help but go to your website. And I think we are kindred spirits! Just a few things, we have a donkey named Chip, you have a dog named Chip, our love of fibers, weaving, creating, on your website you used the font Kristin - I believe, and that's what I have choosen for mine, also I have the checks across top and bottom as well as you! I'm getting ready to set up a new computer our son just sent to us or I would spend more time going through. When all is done, I'll be checking it out! Great Work! And so glad you like your cookbooks, and your pillow cases! Enjoy! And yes, maybe we can partner up again! I'd love that!

Have a great week, happy cooking and I'll be checking it all out!

love, hugs, and strawberries!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  11:36:58 AM  Show Profile
Buttercup,

I should be mailing yours out this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page