Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 18

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  10:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Ok maybe I am getting too excited about these swaps, but I really enjoy them!

It seems like many of us enjoy cooking and I was wondering if we could do a regional (well it has turned into a swap with different themes, not just regional) swap by pairing up and sending one person a cookbook that specializes in local (well this depends on the theme) foods. If there are others interested please let me know and I will be willing to pair everyone up so they can e-mail eachother and swap! If it goes well maybe every now and then we could do other topic swaps like desserts, salads, etc.

Can't wait to hear back!!!

Hugz!!!

UPDATE!! April 2007 am back and would love to have another one! This one starts page 18! Hope to have lots of swappers! Hugz!!

UPDATE SPRING 2009!!!

Ok I am almost a person again so would anyone be up for a cookbook swap again?!? How about this time we swap cookbooks that focus on produce? I thought it might be great since we are all getting ready to plant and dream of some fresh goodies!!! This one starts page 28! Hope to see ya there!!!!! Hugs!!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on May 03 2009 4:12:32 PM

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  10:07:56 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful idea!! I think local cookbooks are where the best recipes are!! I am sure interested!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  11:09:22 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea. I would love to do this. There are a ton of great regional cookbooks from my area, especially cooking with fresh herbs.

Sounds like great fun. Count me in.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  11:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Fab idea Buttercup,

I collect cookbooks......I LOVE church ladies auxillary cookbooks. The recipes are tried, tested and delicious!! I think I have passed my love of cookbooks on to my daughers. One of my girls picked out her own antique cookbook just today. She found a 1957 4-H prize winning recipe book for $1 in a bin at one of our favorite junk shops. We baked chocolate chip cookies from it tonight. They are heavenly!
Count me in....I'm in the South so hook me up with someone who loves Southern cooking! It might be nice to pair folks up from different regions so we can sample farmgirl flavors different from our own regions! Just a thought.

Again, Great idea!!
Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  12:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
So glad you are interested Jenny, Laura, and Georgann!! And I think that is exactly what we will do Georgann, match up people from different areas so we can really expand our collections! I will wait a few more days to give more people a chance to join in and then I will pair everyone up!!

Georgann, what a wonderful find!!! I LOVE cookbooks too!!

I am thrilled to be able to do this with you all!!!

Hugz Til Next Time...

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  05:56:35 AM  Show Profile
Hey Buttercup! You know I'm in! Put me down for "Midwestern cooking," whatever that means. I don't eat lutefisk!

Catherine :)
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  07:31:02 AM  Show Profile
I am definately in! I have a few cook books here. I am in KY. Most of the cookbooks I have that are specifically from KY, are like from local churches or high schools, so I hope that those count. If not, my Granny is a collector, and I am sure that she has a few that I can get off of her.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  3:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
I have you on the list Cathrine!! So glad you joined in!

And Melissa, those are the best kind of cook books to me and I think quite a few of us in here so those will be just fine!

I think we will leave it open till the 14th and then I will pair everyone up. Does that sound good to everyone? I just don't want to close to quickly and give others a chance. Any thoughts, please let me know!

Hugz Til Next Time...

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  5:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Please count me in! We have lots of great Mormon ladies' cookbooks here. Green jello anyone?

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  8:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Great, Buttercup! Hhey, Catherine said that you are joining our pen-pal club. I think she is going to forward me your address. Be looking for some snail mail!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  07:18:59 AM  Show Profile
oh my ... you ladies are talking my language!!! My husband feels that I have too many cookbooks....I don't tell him he has too many tools (ha ha) anyway, are there any swaps in Canada? Or maybe I could swap a Candian Cookbook for an American cookbook....just let me know... Cheers!! Mella

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  8:24:35 PM  Show Profile
I'm in ! I have an extra local Church Ladies Cookbook that would be fun to trade.
thanks,
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  9:44:42 PM  Show Profile
cool idea. I'll join in if it doesn't make the numbers uneven for pairing folks up.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  10:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh How Wonderful!!!

Patricia, so glad you joined in!!

Melissa, so glad you joined too and yes, I did join the snail mail group!! I am excited!

Mella, welcome and a Canadian cookbook would be awsome! I am in Japan and most of the others are in the States, but there are no "borders" to this swap! You are more then welcome to join right in!!

Sharon, so glad to have you!! I think it is awsome we have so many interested!

And Tina, Don't be silly! If we have an odd number I will be more then happy to swap twice!! The more the merrier!!!!!

Hugz to you all and remember I will post match ups on Friday so check back then to find your partner!!
Til Then...

Go to Top of Page

granola girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Gina
Valrico Florida
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi!

Count me in, a farmgirl from Florida! I have lots of regional and community cookbooks that I would love to swap with someone from the South, maybe Georgia? This is a great idea!!!!

Farmgirl At Heart
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  12:02:45 PM  Show Profile
I would love too also. I live in NC and have lots of local cook books . I would love to have more recipes with herbs and vegetables not that are not well known in the south.

My Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
]
My blog http://www.epicourier.com/Garliclady/

Edited by - garliclady on Jul 12 2006 7:30:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  7:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
This is so exciting!!!
Welcome to you both!!! I will add you to the list which closes on Friday. We have a wonderful swap going and I am thrilled so many of you joined in!!!

Hugz Til Next Time!!!

Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  8:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Okay, seems there's a bunch, and I love getting in there, so how about a good Texas one? Please put me in the count! Thanks for sharing!

gloria g. in Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  8:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
That sounds wonderful Gloria! So glad you joined us!!!

Hugz!!

Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  05:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Okay, count me in...it will be hard to part with my cookbooks, but I do have quite a few regional ones!

Kelly

When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  07:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Welcome Kelly!!
I will be posting who you are partnered with on Friday!!

Hugz Till Then...

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  4:31:58 PM  Show Profile
Okay Buttercup,

Please count me in too! Will try to find a good local cookbook that has recipes other than for potatoes!!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  5:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Lol Debbie!!
Welcome and potatoes are just fine!! So glad to have you!!!

Hugz!!!

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  5:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Please add my name to this swap. I have tons of these local cookbooks already and they are the best! I read them at night!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  5:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Welcome Brenda!!!
So glad to have you too. Everyone will be paired up on Friday, so look for your partner then!!

Hugz!!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  7:59:56 PM  Show Profile
Garliclady,
I used to live in the Triad and shopped at the Farmer's Market whenever I could. I worked at Moses Cone Hospital for many years and bought lots of Ginnie's (The Goat Lady) goat cheese truffles......heavenly. I would love to try some of your garlic and garlic scapes. We still have relatives in High Point and Greensboro, so next time we are there on a weekend, I'll stop by and see if you are there! I think the cookbook exchange will be alot of fun!

Georgann (auntgeorge...the apron lady! LOL_

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Cook Book Swap-SPRING 2009 PARTNER LIST POSTED!!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page