Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 'KNIT 1 BLESS 2"** It's Mailing Time Now **
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 'KNIT 1 BLESS 2"** It's Mailing Time Now ** Next Topic
Page: of 6

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  07:52:55 AM  Show Profile
EASTER blessings of joy and love and peace......... the perfect time to connect our Farmgirl knitters and crocheters to DEBBIE MACOMBER's 2nd "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" Charity knitting project for 2011.

Debbie has selected 3 of her favorite charities that help babies and children with love and comfort.....Project Linus, the BINKY PATROL, and NEWBORNS in NEED. Last year Debbie received 2000 items from across the country.

Let's help Debbie..... FARMGIRL STYLE..... with her goal of reaching 2500 items for these charities.

There's an important deadline and that means no late arrivals at all. The deadline to send our handmade items is May 31st and that's it.

Here's the link to "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" for this 2011 and an invite to all of us to do what Farmgirls do best...... share love and caring to brighten our world!

http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=knit1

So grab your needles or hooks and some yarn and pick any favorite pattern you wish and let's start our stitching!

"Find your own Calcutta!" Mother Teresa

Farmgirl Sister #2503

Edited by - SantaTeresita on May 22 2011 9:25:50 PM

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  09:16:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, pull on my heartstrings, Teresita! What a lovely, lovely charity project! I wish I could knit or crochet! I am going to see if we can instead donate to one of the three charities listed in another way, though. Thank you SO much for sharing this with us! Have a blessed Easter, sister! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Apr 21 2011 09:16:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  1:09:38 PM  Show Profile
Teresita, I would love to help out! Would you like to do the same thing that we did with Farmgirl Philanthropy and send the items to you? This is such a great goal for her, and an amazing project for us farmgirls!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  3:52:04 PM  Show Profile

For any Farmgirls who would like to bless May with extra love for the "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 Project, sponspored by Debbie Macomber, I think it would best to mail directly to Debbie Macomber.

If you check her website, you will see that she asks each person to sign-in and select the organization of their choice from the 3 special organizations she has listed. In keeping with Debbie's own format, I think any Farmgirls here who would like to knit or crochet for the "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 project should mail their completed gifts of love directly to the address that Debbie has provided for us.

Send your KNIT1, BLESS2 knitted or crocheted items by May 31, 2011 to:
Knit 1, Bless2
Debbie Macomber
P. O. Box 1458
Port Orchard WA 98366

Farmgirl Sister #2503

Edited by - SantaTeresita on Apr 21 2011 3:54:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  4:21:57 PM  Show Profile
For my Farmgirl Sisters who might be wondering about the 3 selected charity organizations for babies and children that Debbie Macomber has selected for her "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 Project...... here they are....

I'll start you off with
NEWBORNS IN NEED

http://www.newbornsinneed.org/

and THE BINKY PATROL...... for blankies.....

http://www.binkypatrol.org/

and PROJECT LINUS..... Blankets for newborns and children....

http://www.projectlinus.org/

Take a look...... it's very exciting to learn more about these 3 favorites of Debbie and then decide which charity organization you would like to help as part of the "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 Project that Debbie is sponsporing for the 2nd year.

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  4:29:29 PM  Show Profile
I happen to be a Blanketeer already for my local "PROJECT LINUS" and delivered 3 blankets this month of April.

So I decided to help
"NEWBORNS in NEED" as my selected project for Debbie Macomber's "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 Project.

As I love making baby hats, this is a perfect fit for me.

Just remember, it's one baby at a time..... and no gift of love is ever too small!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  7:13:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Teresita! I'm excited to get started:)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  9:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Here's something adorable that our Farmgirl knitters might enjoy......

http://www.joann.com/static/project/1001/P480971_bunny_bear_hats.pdf

Farmgirl Sister #2503

Edited by - SantaTeresita on Apr 21 2011 9:18:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  07:13:30 AM  Show Profile
Let's hear special message Debbie has for Farmgirls.......

“I hope all of the friends I’ve made over the years through my books and my love of knitting will join with me to help,” Debbie continues. “Combining our passion for needlework with the joy of giving just seems like a wonderful way to celebrate Mother’s Day.”

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  07:23:50 AM  Show Profile
For Farmgirl Sisters who just might not know who Debbie Macomber is.......

Debbie Macomber, author of the bestselling Blossom Street books and the Cedar Cove series, is one of the leading voices in women’s fiction today. Her work has debuted in the number one position on every major bestseller list, including those of the New York Times, USA TODAY and Publishers Weekly. She is a multiple award winner, and there are more than 140 million copies of her books in print worldwide. A TURN IN THE ROAD, her new novel from MIRA Books, goes on sale in May 2011.

Debbie is an avid knitter and has a fantastic series of knitting books that I just love.

This is the 2nd year that Debbie is sponsporing her "Knit 1 Bless 2" 2011 project. It's a SUPER project for our caring Farmgirl Sisters here!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  07:36:53 AM  Show Profile
Here's one of my favorite patterns that you can actually find in Debbie Macomber's GUIDE for CHARITY KNITTING......

Oh, yes...... it's an adorable and easy-to-make knitted HUG CAP that fits perfectly for "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 project.......

Grab those needles and some yarn and away we go!

http://media.leisurearts.com/downloadfiles/N_10_09_HugCap.pdf

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  07:49:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nini,

In answer to your question/comment, "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 is really a knitting and crocheting project and something fitting very nicely for our STITCHING ROOM and our Farmgirl Sisters who do enjoy knitting and crocheting.

There isn't any donations here in Debbie Macomber's "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 Project other than our handmade items that Debbie is collecting herself and will be sending to the 3 organizations she has listed.

What it can be...... another exciting reason to get inspired to begin learning to crochet and/or knit our way along into some fabulous projects that really do give from our hearts in the spirit of our caring Farmgirl Sisters.

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6560 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6560 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  09:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Finally found the thread. I am very familiar with Debbie Macomber and her Knit 1 Bless 2 project. I have read and have all of her books and patterns, in fact I just got her newsletter in the mail. She is a wonderful lady and I am so glad to be a part of her project.
Thank you Teresita for bringing her projects to the farm girls attention.

Farm girl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  9:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie,

So glad that you enjoy Debbie Macomber books too and that you found this thread here for our Farmgirls to enjoy too.

Her new book will soon be released so that's more good news coming our way!

farmgirl hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  4:09:54 PM  Show Profile
One of the reasons that I love this "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" Project that Debbie Macombers is sponsoring is that it is SO EASY to share Farmgirl love in our stitches.

These days most Farmgirls are busy and that's why this pattern I'm sharing today is one of my personal favorites for making some baby hats. Baby hats don't take a lot of time at all nor a lot of yarn but do bring a TON of Love and Happiness!

This pattern from Joann's includes BOTH the knitted and the crocheted version which makes it a Fabulous way to brighten our world just a little more and bless newborns.

Happy Easter and enjoy!

http://www.joann.com/static/project/0801/P488351.pdf

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  5:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh I so wish I could help!! I can only knit simple things like scarves, dish rags, etc right now. I hope she meets her goal!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  05:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing this information with us! I am taking part by crocheting the baby hats. . . and if there is enough time I will make some booties or socks too. Preemies are my passion, my oldest son was a preemie. .. it was so challenging to find "something" that would fit him.
He wore doll clothes for his first month of life. . I will never forget how excited I was the day he fit into a "new born" outfit at 6 weeks of age. . .and the outfit was really still to big for him.

Already have two hats done, starting on the next hat now!

Joanna #566

JojoNH
www.countrycents.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
www.JoannasHomeStudio.com "Keeping traditions alive a stitch at a time"
http://twitter.com/NHJoanna
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:09:18 PM  Show Profile
Hannah,

Actually if you know how to cast on, the knitch stitch and the bind off..... you can make a very EASY to make blankie or some bibs. If you can knit in the garter stitch ( knit every row) and bind off, then you can make a lovely baby blanket.

So stay tuned here because I am going to be sharing some very simple patterns for our Farmgirls.

This actually is a very EASY to MAKE project and there are lots of ways to make something that works up nicely and easily all at the same time.

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:16:20 PM  Show Profile
Joanna

Thanks for already starting your crocheting for Debbie Macomber's "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 Project. That's SUPER!

This is indeed a nice way to honor the joys of being a mom and our own mothers by this very caring project that does reach out to babies and children through our loving stitches.

It's a great way too to help all those preemies in a special way.

Just gives Farmgirls a nice and warm feeling all over once you start!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Happy EASTER WISHES to my FARMGIRLS....... and let's add a blankie pattern for our Farmgirls who love to crochet that's a real classic and yes..... it's very easy to crochet this one. A 36x36 square is a nice size for newborns.....

If you don't want to make this is cotton, you might think about a nice cotton-blend like Lion Brand's COTTON EASE or a nice acrylic yarn like Vanna's Baby CHoice yarns in all those yummy colors.....

http://onelittlerayndrop.blogspot.com/2011/04/classic-baby-blanket.html

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:39:31 PM  Show Profile
Knit Blankies don't have to be hard at all....... you can even knit a Preemie-Size blankie which is even faster to make!

So let's add some blankie patterns here for our FARMGIRL knitters to enjoy for preemies or make them larger for newborns by doubling the pattern.

http://www.nancyhearne.com/drawingboard/littleblankets.htm

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:45:49 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes it's all about just starting...... as in one stitch at a time...... and making bibs for babies are lots of fun and quickie which are just perfect for my busy schedule.....

Here's a simple knit bib pattern that isn't too hard at all and ooh-so-lovely!

http://downcloverlaine.blogspot.com/2008/04/simple-garter-stitch-baby-bib.html

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
This is awesome Teresita! Thank you!!! I will see what I can do. :)
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  06:56:15 AM  Show Profile
With EASTER BLESSINGS and JOY and LOVE filling our Farmgirl hearts, we can go hopping along right to the "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" Project for May that is being sponspored by DEBBIE MACOMBER.

There's no knit or crocheted gift too small to count on Debbie's goal of receiving 2500 items that will go to her 3 selected projects with love and hugs.

Send your KNIT1, BLESS2 knitted or crocheted items by May 31, 2011 to:
Knit 1, Bless2
Debbie Macomber
P. O. Box 1458
Port Orchard WA 98366

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  07:13:10 AM  Show Profile
What's so special about the "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 Project by Debbie Macomber??

It provides Farmgirls here the opportunity to
TAKE & MAKE...... as in take our love and make the world for newborns and children that much more caring and brighter!

I don't think there's ever too much love in our world!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  07:28:49 AM  Show Profile
Let's start off Marvelous Monday with something perfect for "KNIT 1 BLESS 2" 2011 sponsored by Debbie Macomber, beloved author and avid knitter herself.....

This lovely set was designed by JULIE CARTWRIGHT and is featured right here.......

http://knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyhatmitts.htm

Looks like something perfect for a Farmgirl to knit!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 'KNIT 1 BLESS 2"** It's Mailing Time Now ** Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page