greenpaws
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

shirley
des moines iowa
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  07:52:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I just finished painting some walls and I want to share a couple of ideas I came up with and used. I bought a cheap vinyl tablecloth to use as a drop cloth for furniture, or the floor. With the soft backing, it sticks better than the plastic drop cloths, and it has a pretty pattern, besides. I bought mine on a whim at a $ store, but thrift stores also have used ones for even cheaper. They are easier to re-use than the plastic, and that is a plus! I also bought, for $1.00, a turkey size roasting pan at the $ store which I used to hold my paint can, paint stick, extra brush, etc. It worked marvelously! I never know where to lay these things down where I wont make the mistake of stepping on them. This kept any drips contained in the pan.

Keep your hands dirty!
greenpaws

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  11:54:38 AM  Show Profile
shirley,
thanks for the great ideas! I'm painting my bathroom tonight..I've been putting it off for quite sometime and now I really want to have it done before Easter..I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  08:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
I also use felt backed table cloths in the trunk of my car and back-seat. Having a car makes it difficult to purchase potting soil, plants, etc, without making a huge mess. I just "stick" it down wherever I need it, pile the stuff in, then shake it out and fold it up when I'm home and unpacked. I keep a bag in the trunk of them so I always have some when I need them. They are great for messy items - as well as wet or muddy people. You never know when they'll come in handy!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  09:57:59 AM  Show Profile
Well, the bathroom and BEDROOM turned out wonderful, so much painting right before a holiday...what was I thinking. But, they turned out nice... so many wonderful tips..the tray worked fabulous..thanks for the great tips.
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Great ideas and suggestions. If only I'd had this post to read BEFORE I painted inside. Lol off the paint the exterior, with my turkey sized roasting pan.&hearts

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Painting Helpers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page