True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  1:56:35 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda,

Sorry I just saw this. I am posting it for you :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  1:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Kevin . . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  1:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
You girls will think we have just gone bonkers, but we decided to embrace our Scottish heritage . .

For our Easter dinner we had:
- Hubby's Homemade Haggis
- Baked potatoes
- Sauteed carrots
- Home canned green beans

I made a Walnut Banana Cake and served strawberry ice cream with it.

NOT your traditional Easter meal!! But it was YUMMY!!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  10:18:33 AM  Show Profile
Well, Easter get-together was wonderful! 20 for egg hunt and supper.
You were right, FebruaryViolet, The fruit salad (I doubled the recipe) was gone in a flash! I only had one little container left to go home with SIL. And, the grilled asparagus was gone completely (4 large bundles) Even the little ones loved it. And, Countryteacher, your oatmeal brownies were a real success! I made to 9x13 pans. Gone! Thank you farm girl sisters!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  10:21:27 AM  Show Profile
Ceejay48, would your husband share his homemade haggis recipe? If it is really so good, I would like to make it for my son! He's such a scotsman!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  10:24:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to hear that, Judith! Even the grilled asparagus was a hit!!? Not that I have any doubt, but it's often hard to please everyone, but it's always a hit with everyone, here! The salad is so lovely, and I think, even better the next day with all the flavors melding, so you're lucky you have a little

Our dinner was really lovely--and simple, and easy and since it only for the 4 of us, it didn't take long to clean up afterwards! It turns out my ham that I ordered from the CSA was FRESH, not pre-cooked, and I didn't look at it before hand, so I had to sortof regroup my timeline but it turned out beautifully (after I stopped panicking of course :)). It felt really wonderful to serve the people I love farm fresh, local, organic foods!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Apr 25 2011 10:26:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Video/Merit Badge Farm Boy

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  10:27:25 AM  Show Profile
Y'all probably thought I was joking but I did make rabbit stew. I don't have any leftovers though. Gotta stop hanging out with hungry college students.

-Kevin

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  10:31:25 AM  Show Profile
I couldn't quite tell if it was tongue in cheek or no, Kevin, but that's a compliment to your culinary skills, I'd say!!! Sorry there are no leftovers--we have leftover ham, but today, I'm thinking of making it into a hash. But that could change by this evening :)

Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Video/Merit Badge Farm Boy

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  10:45:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh I was kidding around but I did fully intend to eat a bunny! Muahahahaha

-Kevin

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  8:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Judith . . . I'll ask him if he'll share his recipe. I didn't even know he was going to make it until it was done . .
I'll let you know. I know a lot of people don't like haggis. But I think my hubby and I figured out why. When you go to any Highland Games and someone is serving it, is usually is COLD and BLAND! No wonder!!!!! It's gotta be HOT and TASTY, like with herbs and spices! We've been to Scotland more than once and have NEVER had the awful stuff there . . only here in America at the games.
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Apr 25 2011 8:02:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  11:24:32 AM  Show Profile
BTW, FebruaryViolet, you set a lovely table.

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  11:30:30 AM  Show Profile
Aww, thank you, Judith. It's hard to photograph food, especially when there's nothing but storm clouds out the window! It's a humble spread, but it was delicious, and my husband and mom had seconds. I was so happy the lilacs were in bloom--perfect addition!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's on your Easter Menu? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page