HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  08:06:44 AM  Show Profile
It's finally Friday! What are y'all up to this weekend? My Mom's got two tables at a church craft sale here on Long Island, and i'm going with her. I made up some pretty flag buntings in spring colors, and some pin cushions. Wish me luck, this is my first attempt at selling things I made! And even if nothing sells, me & Mom get to spend the day together!

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~ Robert Brault

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  08:12:54 AM  Show Profile
That sounds fun! Good luck to you and enjoy the company!

Tomorrow, Saturday, I'm going to try to clean the porch in between the rain drops and clean up this antique table I'm going to strip. Sunday is the first Burlington Antique Festival at the Boone County Fairgrounds. They run from April through October, and Mary Jane's Farm's very own Miss Wilma will be selling her wares, and Kentucky and Ohio Farmgirls, Miss Bee Haven and maybe even Nubidane will be there. I make a pie and we all use Wilma's booth as a "homebase" to eat, rest, store our treasures, etc...

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  08:22:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jonni! I wish I could go to your antique festival! It's going to rain here too. Hopefully people will want to do "indoors" things, like shopping at a craft sale!

BTW, your blog is so pretty - I love the background!

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~ Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  1:25:31 PM  Show Profile
If the weather holds out I will be tilling my garden and finishing the fencing around it. Fingers crossed.

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:06:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Elaine....if the weather cooperates I'll be working in my garden weeding, mulching and mending fences. If plan A doesn't work out, I'm going to stay home and do some decorative painting on my beehive boxes before the new bees arrive next week.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:22:00 PM  Show Profile
They say it will be raining here again...maybe even a little snow, but what we will be doing is going out to dinner to nite and tomorrow. You see, today is my MIL's birthday, and tomorrow is my DH's birthday. We have decided that presents are often hard to get, but sharing time over a meal is what we like to do. We are going to a restaurant that called isabella's that we have never gone to before. The lead singer of the band is a friend, & also an RN like my husband, and they will be playing there. There name is Mon Cheri and it ought to be fun. Since it will be raining, I don't think there will be much work outside. The ground is too wet to work. Maybe, I'll just take a nap in between.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:23:02 PM  Show Profile
Alright, lets hope for sunshine! We all need to get outside!

Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  6:32:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Holly, I'm out on the Island as well, just a bit further East than you! I hope you have a very successful craft fair!
I have been looking forward to this weekend ALL week! Tomorrow I am going to help my Niece/Best Friend/Farmgirl Sister sew her first apron! I am so excited for her! We are going to spend the day talking, laughing, learning, eating yummy food...
It will be raining here also, but I think it will just add to the coziness of the day!
I hope all of you accomplish all that you set out to do!
Happy Weekend everyone!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  8:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Wellll, I am going to be doing a home demonstration party in Edmond, OK tomorrow with a group of ladies who want to know how to make homemade noodles. Of course, I'll also be showing off my "wares" including my Oklahoma Pastry Cloth™ but for the most part we'll just be munching on some scones and bread made from the mixes at the website while chowing down on one of the soups (with the homemade noodles added!!) my Bedre Chocolates, dips with chips or carrots and tortilla chips with the dried refried beans reconstituted. I wish you all could come!! You see, when I throw a party, everybody gains weight equally!! I'm an equal opportunity kinda party girl. :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  8:34:59 PM  Show Profile
I get to meet with our contractor to go over the farmhouse construction, make adjustments and make sure we are on the same page with the finish work. I am so excited! We have been off the farm for 16 months now. 16 long hard months. Looks like we will be in the farm house in June. The yard finishing may take longer but I'll swim in the mud to get back out there. We have paid for it as we built so it has taken longer than we wanted with the economy tanking and the flood damage to another home last May. But it is my dream house and worth waiting for.
If the weather holds I'll be spreading compost in the garden and painting lattice under the screened porch.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  11:54:22 PM  Show Profile
wow hens you all sound like you are going to have a great weekend...Mary Beth I wish I was there...I love homemade noodles! & the Fairs ect sound like so much fun...I hope you sell everything you made Holly...your items sound wonderful! Me? I will be putting along, coming down with something so battling a headache & tummy ache but its nothing really bad but i will maybe get out into the small garden & hand till it up again so I can get the potatoes in...I have already tilled it once so the ground should be easy to move & I can sit on the grass to cut up the sprouting potatoes.....I have been slowly re-potting all my aloe that hasn't been done in at least 3 yrs so they are getting new fresh dirt & a bit more room with some of the new pots I got from a friend...I even got 2 of the cutiest ice cream sunday ceramic cups that I turned into pots for the smaller aloe & it looks so cute & cheerful...so if feeling up to it will finish that this weekend...& of coarse taking care of the chickens!.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  05:36:32 AM  Show Profile
homework and more homework!
everyone's plans sound like so much more fun; however, my eye is on my prize!
i have some snail mail communication to attend to...and reset all of our clocks- power kept fluttering off last nite in the wind....raining now-big cold drops!!!!!
need to plan out my lil garden too-decided to use my dog kennel this summer- move it to the garden space and plant to my hearts' content in a 10 X 10 area!!!!
oh! and say farewell to miss sara our travelling doll as she prepares to move on!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  08:56:58 AM  Show Profile
We had originally planned on doing stuff in the garden, but since it is supposed to rain all weekend. So today we are going to go see the Conspirator today. I have my final exam projects due this week for my class so I plan on working on it this weekend.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  06:56:31 AM  Show Profile
Valerie~ Good luck on your exams!

Well, I was going to try to get out into the garden this weekend. Yesterday was abust with all of the wind and rain. This morning I ran to the store and picked up some more fencing, some weed barrier and some more little seed pots. Of course, as I am driving home, kaboom! Rain, wind, ugh! I have ducks swimming in my backyard (I am not even kidding - actual ducks in my backyard). So there goes my outside work. I do have plenty to do inside though. I'll think I'll start on that and just pray for some sun!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  07:16:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh ladies what I would give for those rain drops.. The wind was brutal again - took a bottle right out of my hands at the 2 am goat baby feeding in the barn. Got nothing done outside but did work on taking pictures and posting some products at my shop. Good luck on the craft show and antique show.. Got tons of towels to wash from the goat girl in the bathroom, need to straighten up because the fiber has crept everywhere and who know I might get to painting the upstairs hallway - it has been 6 months and only have half done - looks strange but not for around here... Have a great Sunday ladies and send that rain my way - far too many fires here..

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  05:14:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies - Happy Monday!
I hope some of you got to work in your gardens this weekend. Claudia, how was your birthday dinners? Teresa, how did the apron turn out? I'd love to see a picture if you took any. Mary Beth, I think you mentioned all of my favorite foods in one sentance! Connie, June will be here before you know it, and you'll be in your new house - how exciting!! I hope you're feeling better Michele. I love the idea of planting in the ice cream cups. I've been seeing a lot of little fairie gardens and it seems like tiny accessories are in vogue now. They're adorable! Margo, where is Miss Sara off to next? Valerie, how was the movie? Elaine and Grace, the wind was pretty intense here in Queens too! I visited your Etsy site Elaine - the colors of your items are awesome! I never heard of "silk rods" before, very interesting.

As for me, i had a great time at the sale. It was more of a giant tag sale than a craft fair, so my stuff didn't fit in too well. Mom did pretty good; i only sold two of my buntings...but they went to a mom who is going to decorate her daughter's room with them, and the little girl was really excited. We decided to give her a big discount because it was my first sale, so the mom was happy too! Best part was hanging out with my mother (she's a farmgirl too) and talking about MJ's Farm stuff!

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  12:45:07 PM  Show Profile
As far as any weekend plans, we are all affected by the weather. This is Monday and we are expecting 6-10 of snow. I'm glad because then I can still get a lot of stuff done inside that gets neglected when the planting season begins. Blessings for the day farmgirls....

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  05:18:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bonnie, did you get that snow that was predicted?

Farmgirl Sister #2942
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  07:12:36 AM  Show Profile
We are headed to the Apache National Forest in Arizona for some fly fishing and then a trip to Florence, Queen Creek and Mesa to see family!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  09:42:26 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like a nice trip, Sherone. Good luck with the fish!

Farmgirl Sister #2942
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  10:31:58 AM  Show Profile
I think, this weekend, the only Easter festivities we will be having is a boat race in our basement :(

We have had torential rains and thunderstorms starting late last night and are supposed to continue all week, with only a break on Thursday. I wanted so much to have a nice, bright Easter, but Mother Nature just isn't finished with us yet, I guess.

I do plan on cleaning around our four muddy dogs, coloring eggs on Saturday with the girl (maybe on the porch if it's not raining!) and preparing a lovely Easter supper for my mom and husband.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  7:57:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Holly for visiting my Etsy Shop... I have been selling and working with silk rods for so many years that I think everyone must know of them - They are the by product when we reel silk off their cocoons. We use them in just about any and all art forms and still find more ways weekly how to put them into everything. I have jewelry artists who won International Awards with them, I also have been published in several art mag's with them too. I hope you might try them - they are like potatoe chips once you start you can't stop.

Weather was still a problem this weekend - I shorn two animals and what did it do but snow... Never fails

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  7:01:27 PM  Show Profile
Well, I got rained out so I spent the weekend doodling with my paintbrushes on my beehives. I forgot to take pics before I set up the hives. You can't really tell from these pics but I painted wildflowers and quotes and sayings on all sides. The hive on the left is named Honey Bear Hollow and the one on the right is Buzz Inn. It was fun but I'm hoping this coming weekend will be nice so I can get my garden going! Glad to hear the rest of you enjoyed your weekend activities too.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Apr 20 2011 7:03:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

HollyHobby
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Holly
Astoria NY
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  05:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, the hives look sooo nice! Wish we could see your artwork a little closer, but i wouldn't want you to disturb the little guys. Happy Bees = Happy Honey

Today (Thursday) looks like our last clear day for a while - they're predicting rain all weekend! We sure are getting a real soggy start to Spring!

Farmgirl Sister #2942
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Plans for the weekend? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page