Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A new Drug problem to be on the look out for
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A new Drug problem to be on the look out for Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  1:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I had no idea that these new synthetic drugs were even in existence. I know we all hope our children will be smart enough to stay away from such things- but I think it is good to stay up on all of the new things coming out so we can educate and watch out for our children.

http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/article_8ecdf42d-8229-571e-938c-61ac4f439fc5.html

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  5:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
these are terrifying. i read a news report about a man who nearly scalped himself tying to get the "demons" out of his head. even standard bath salt type products have the capacity to be used as a drug and for a while there wasn't even calgon on the shelves here.

www.barefootfashion.wordpress.com

http://www.corrinemackrell.carbonmade.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  6:18:02 PM  Show Profile
OH MY!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  6:57:02 PM  Show Profile
This is really scary!

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  06:30:20 AM  Show Profile
the world is so awful these days. anything to make a dollar. the bible said we would have critical times hard to deal with. so very many people are suffering with the economy and such. i think drug and alcohol abuse are going to become a huge issue. young folks are doing more than experiment with drugs. they are trying to fill a hole.then to have one incident cause such deep depression. this sounds like such an evil drug. it saddens me deeply. alee i am always surprised with your knowledge and what you find for info for us enlightened farmgirls. i will share this new info with my friends. fore warned is for armed. thanks alee soberly sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  08:22:14 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely amazing what people can come up with these days! I always say if they would just spend that time constructively the could be CHEMISTS! A true success in life, instead of ruining their lives and the lives of their loved ones. So said and scary all at the same time!
~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  09:31:17 AM  Show Profile
TERRIFYING!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  09:50:43 AM  Show Profile
I find it amazing they state its not for human consumption but thats exactly what they are suppose to do with it....smoke or snort it ect to get the high....Funny/sad how they can put those words on the container & get away with selling it knowing they are giving the person something they will take to get high with....And the shops who sell it have no guilt previding this garbage to the kid....thats what makes me so sick over the whole thing..is they know this could hurt them & they still sell it to them ...I am not an innocent..I was a child of the 60's but while I experimented with pot I never had the urge to go for the 'chemist' made stuff cause I had always had a fear of them...plus I got to deal with the whole Meth thing in the 1990's when my 15 yr old son got into that...talk about a scary drug....It seems they are just coming up with more & more things to kill our kids with who are to stupid or pressured to know better than to take it....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  10:21:24 AM  Show Profile
It's really scary what is being created out there. Thanks for sharing.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  11:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I was reading the paper and it was talking about a "Spice" raid. I couldn't figure out what they were talking about so I did some more digging and I about had a heart attack. As if meth, cocaine and other such drugs weren't enough. These new "hidden" drugs are so scary. I am going to be very honest with Nora about drugs from a very early age. There were some teenagers in Middle school (7th and 8th grade) that brough METH to one of the local schools! I was shocked!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  09:39:32 AM  Show Profile
I always wonder what sort of person goes around trying this & that as far as household items are concerned to see what will alter their mind. Talk about not knowing what to do with oneself.... It is sad-luckily,I never tried drugs.

http://www.mandolinbabe.com

http://www.mandolinbabe.net
http://www.gigulele-bag.net (Zibbet Store)

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  10:03:05 AM  Show Profile
And they are sold right on the counter next to the checkout at convenience stores. Talk about an impulse buy! Even in our small community I looked up and saw the bath salts on the counter. I know the owner of the store at least by site from
stops for gas. I asked him if he knew what they were used for. He mumbled a bit and said they were popular with young people. I was dumb founded. They were being sold right next to a flyer about a church activity his wife was in charge of for the youth. I know my face gave away everything I was feeling. I simply said " I can't tell you what to sell or not sell. But I want to ask you to please move these to the counter behind you. Make the kids ask for it if they are hell bent on having it. Please don't make it so easy." He was absolutely stunned. I could tell he was getting defensive just by his body language. So I left with a heavy heart. I thought about boycotting his store but finally decided seeing my face could make a difference. It had been a while since I went in because it took me a while to decide not to boycott. I am pleased to say the "bath salts" were no longer in the store. He told me he had told his grown son about my comments that day. His son showed him some things on the web about them. He told me he had no idea they were so dangerous. They vendor he bought them from sold them to him as just bath salts. I'm not one to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but I am so glad my heart over ruled my head that day.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  10:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Way to go Connie!!! I am so glad you said something!! When did that happen?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  11:06:14 AM  Show Profile
Let's see... It was snowing. LOL This winter it could have been any week! Seriously, I think it was in early Feb. or late Jan. The flyer was about Valentines day. It was probably around the first of March when I went back in to see they were gone. The sad thing is that there are people who are selling this stuff that know what they are selling. I can't imagine doing the same thing in a big city store. I'd get laughed out of the store or worse. But I am glad I spoke my heart in my own community. If not here, where? Worst that could have happened was that I would have to drive 5 more miles for gas. Small price I think.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  11:10:53 AM  Show Profile
Connie I was going to say the same thing! We can change things ourselves by speaking up!

In the late 70's and early 80's kids were huffing airplane glue and spray paint. My mom's brothers did. And my mom went around to all the stores in our town that sold it and asked them to quit selling them to minors. Begged them on behalf of her brothers lives. Most stores easily complied a few didn't......a few were right down rude to my mom. And in turn my mom boycotted those stores for years and never forgot them. However, because of peer pressure from the stores that complied eventually the other stores gave in and stopped selling to minors too. Some stores went so far as to stop selling airplane glue all together. So you can make a difference!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  11:14:24 AM  Show Profile
Yes we can!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  5:43:50 PM  Show Profile
High-five, Connie! You did a wonderful thing!

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  03:52:38 AM  Show Profile
This is so horrible. :(

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  05:03:25 AM  Show Profile
I read about this stuff. Very sad that it's out there.

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A new Drug problem to be on the look out for Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page