alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Emily
Chambersburg PA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  3:01:34 PM  Show Profile
35 bottles of Maalox is crazy, but I noticed that medications are where they get "credit" to buy other things, when they make $2.00 a bottle on something, it goes towards non sale items like fresh food and meats.

Buy of the week for me was yesterday. 1.00 off 1 French's Worcestershire Sauce coupon in sunday's paper and dollar general had it on sale for $1.00 each. Free Worcestershire sauce! I got 6 bottles... hmmm sounds like we will be making ALOT of BBQ sauce.

---
Farmgirl #2951
Currently renting-farmgirl wannabe
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  5:58:46 PM  Show Profile
Well we do like Worchestershire sauce! It's good in meatloaf, burgers, on steaks, etc. At least we eat a lot of that. lol hahaha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  1:12:00 PM  Show Profile
LOL. I think that's a great idea, Heather. I wish we had neighbors close enough to participate in this!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  11:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
My DH and I were just watching this show Wednesday night. My DH asked if I wanted to try to do something like this. I use coupons very infrequently, nothing we buy ever has coupons available. We buy beef from a meat packer or buy a whole cow. Most produce is either from the garden, or farmers market. I said this extreme couponing was a game now, and if your not going to use it, or you're going to stockpile mess, toothpaste, makeup...they have a two year shelf-life!! They will be garbage by the time you get to #10 of your 1000 toothpastes. I was getting upset for some reason, at all the wastefulness, and announced to my DH, "I'm done watching this! This coupon thing is an addiction, and its just creating a bunch of hoarders!!!" And as if to prove my point, a set of couponing twins was shown. Olboth twins stockpiles over 1000 pks of diapers, and has NO CHILDREN AT ALL!!!

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Emily
Chambersburg PA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  6:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Heartbroken, I can see why you see that show as a bunch of hoarders, but I feel that couponing is about saving 60% at least. When buying store brand names and using a discount card most of the time you can save 10 - 20%, but with using the coupons and saving them until prices are rock bottom it helps to save so much more over the retail cost. At the same time it gives up your brand loyalty, and try new things. Couponing is not about amounting a "stockpile worth 15,000" to me it's about saving as much money as you can so that you can afford to go see a show in town and give your family more experiences.

Also when donating you can claim the full price of the item and get a tax deduction.

---
Farmgirl #2951
Currently renting-farmgirl wannabe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Coupon Show... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page