Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Crochet Rag Rug Workshop in Spokane WA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Crochet Rag Rug Workshop in Spokane WA Next Topic  

PacaDia
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

West Spokane Washington
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  3:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello Crocheters!

Anyone live out my way and want to learn a great skill?

I will be teaching a Crochet Rag Rug Beginner's Workshop on April 9th, 11:30 - 2:30. "South Hill" Spokane WA. Includes custom Birch Crochet Hook, and hands-on instruction. Must know basic crochet (CH, SL ST, SC), and supply your own fabric, which we will cut in class.

You'll learn about fabric prep, how to cut and rip, how to connect strips, and get started on a round rug. I'll also show how to start an oval rug. Lot of good tips and ideas on what to do with your newfound skill!

Pre-Register and pay by April 6, so you can get your supplies list and directions to our meeting spot! Max 10 students. Please Email me for more details!

www.thepacadashery.etsy.com

Bevb
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Bev
Moscow ID
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  7:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Ooh, I'd love to, but have to go to a payroll seminar in Seattle that day. Rugs sound so much more fun!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  10:15:38 PM  Show Profile
I will be heading off to SO Calif, Palm Springs to met up with my mom & then we are heading off to Germany, so i will have to miss your class.... : > (
I luv making rag rugs from old sheets...in fact I now have 10 stashed in my guest room....1 in my suitcase to take to my mom, 1 that is in the TV room,,,as my lil kitty has laid claim to it, and is sleeping on it at this very moment,,,an done that is 1/2 way completed....yikes,,,I think I am 'hooked' on rag rugs! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

PacaDia
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

West Spokane Washington
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  10:31:23 AM  Show Profile
Well Bevb, let me know if you ever want a class or have a group that wants to learn, I'll come to you, or we can meet somewhere in between us.
And katmom, you sound like you would be too advanced for this workshop :) I'll probably have another gathering for those who already make rugs and want to get together to show off, or need help with "issues".

Anybody can email me to ask about this Workshop or future ones!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  10:23:57 PM  Show Profile
hahaha! me show off? lol! don't look to close at my work! hahaha!
I have 1 rug already stashed in my suitcase to take to my mom....so I will be packing lite with everything else!
See ya on Tuesday.....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  8:38:04 PM  Show Profile
hey Claudia,
great to meet up for coffee this morning with you, Viv & Marianne...sorry i had to leave so soon....
catch ya later neighbor!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

PacaDia
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

West Spokane Washington
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  10:24:08 AM  Show Profile
Just an update- We had a great time with our rugs - sheet ripping, rolling balls, and learning how to get them started. Had 4 of us, but it was so much fun. Anyone in the Spokane area that wants a class, email me directly!

Go to Top of Page

katmariec
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

kathy
Spokane WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  4:36:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi paca dia
I know it was a older post but
Can you please call me? I would love to learn how to make a rag tug I live close to the airport in Spokane, wa
Thank you:)
Kathleen
953-1281
Go to Top of Page

PacaDia
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

West Spokane Washington
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  09:56:06 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by katmariec

Hi paca dia
I know it was a older post but
Can you please call me? I would love to learn how to make a rag tug I live close to the airport in Spokane, wa
Thank you:)
Kathleen
953-1281

Hi Kathleen!
I'm sorry I'm just seeing this email, for some reason I thought I saw one in my in-basket, but couldn't find it again. So just looking thru here, I saw you tried to reach me...3 months ago! I would love to teach you, and I'm considering teaching another class, but need to schedule. I'll email you directly. Anyone else out there interested in a rug class, please respond to me also! I'm working on a date and time in the Spokane area! Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  06:21:04 AM  Show Profile
I wish I lived in your area-I have always wanted to learn how to make these rugs!! Sorry I'll miss it but hope you have a great turnout!
Go to Top of Page

mamacass
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Cass
Smithville OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  03:36:16 AM  Show Profile
I used to live in Spokane, wish I still did, sounds like threre's a lot of activity in that area! My best friend still lives there, I've been thinking about moving back.
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Crochet Rag Rug Workshop in Spokane WA Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page