Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 YoYo Quilt. How old do you think??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic YoYo Quilt. How old do you think?? Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  05:27:32 AM  Show Profile
I was guessing the 1930's, what do you think? Its to bad whoever made it didn't sew the info on the quilt.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  05:40:45 AM  Show Profile
look at the fabrics...see if you can find sites on the web with different fabric ages & that should help you age it.....fabrics from the turn of the 20th century look different from the 1930's ect....hope that helps you....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  05:53:49 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I just love your postings of your thrift store finds, but it makes me go to our stores here. And right now is not the time for me to buy things. I have to move from my family home as my mother is moving to a retirement apartment that has medical help close at hand. I have a huge house to empty out to enable it to be shown for buyers and in addition to my work with hoarder clients it's proving to be a bit of a emotional hurdle. So for now I will live through your postings of your finds and rejoice in those with you. Soon I hope to on the track of vintage treasures for my self again. Good hunting.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  05:54:43 AM  Show Profile
nancy-that is pretty! and a big chance you took at washing it!
without seeing it in person; i almost think that it is newer-maybe 1980's when "country" came back in fashion-the prints seem too vibrant for the 1930's...i could certainly be very very wrong!!!!
just my opinion..however it is beautiful!!i have yet to make even one "yo" and i want to!
thanks for sharing!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic YoYo Quilt. How old do you think?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page