Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 MAIL ART: "Posts & Pics for APRIL" 2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic MAIL ART: "Posts & Pics for APRIL" 2011 Next Topic
Page: of 11

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  11:06:51 AM  Show Profile
I got the loveliest mail art from Dianne (Textile Lover) and it is so beautiful! Deckled papers are stitched down with a vellum banner and garden themed buttons...so pretty! Sorry I can't upload a photo to share with you all...today is a slllooooowww internet day here in North Idaho...
Thankyou so much Dianne, you are so talented. I have it on a shelf in the livingroom and it makes me smile every time I see it.

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  6:40:55 PM  Show Profile
Carla, just picked it up at the PO today, the journal will come in handy, plan to keep it in my purse for notes, love it. Thank you Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  7:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Nini~ I got my beee-u-tee-ful mail art the other day! I love it!
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to come on and let you know.
I wanted to take a pic so I could show it off.

Isn't it great?! I love the red with the bunnies.
I'm so used to finding Easter in pastels so I love that you put them in red and spongey efffect is so cool. Gives it that 3-d art look. Your beautiful artwork will make a lovely addition to my Easter decorations for years to come and will remind me of you every Easter.

Thank you, Nini!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  8:11:16 PM  Show Profile
Kathy-Idaho Shamrock....I got you mail art last week on my birthday. What a wonderful birthday suprise in my mailbox! Thank you!!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me
Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  10:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesy

Susan from Alabama,

Received your wonderful mail art and am THRILLED!! The photos probably won't show the sweet dried pansies and babies breath, but they are adorable. The picture of the new baby goats is soo cute. I raised goats not too long ago and really loved them. There is even a poem about April, "the month so dear". Thank you for every thing. It made my day. I will hang this in my craft room, so I can see it all the time. Oh drat! I have been fiddling and futzing and cannot get the photos to paste. So sorry Susan. If you have them can you post them? If not I will try again. Oh my goodness...I am so happy, they just appeared!
Joan

Nothing happens unless first we dream.

Oh...it's beautiful, but not from me! Maybe your partner was one of the other Susan's..??? Glad you received your mail art though and it really is pretty!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan ~ Farmgirl Sister #1978
Fiber artist, spins, knits, crochets, sews, weaves, quilts, soap maker, as well as various beauty products and some natural cosmetics
Working on getting my Etsy website and blog up and running - stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

rebekahj
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Rebekah
Santa Cruz CA
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  07:59:24 AM  Show Profile
Such inspiring and beautiful mail art! This group has inspired me to make all of my own cards. My aunt is battling cancer and just had a stroke on top of the cancer, so I have been sending her a card every week. I am now sending her homemade cards. Each card takes me at least an hour to make, but it is fun and comes from the heart. I crocheted a bunch of flowers and made flower hearts last night and used modge podge to decorate the card with pretty paper. I have to buy a glue gun tonight to glue the flower on. Thanks for all of the inspiration ladies!

On another note, i have not received my mail art yet. I wonder who has my name?

Have a beautiful weekend ladies!

Urban-Farmgirl Sister #2173

Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  09:13:25 AM  Show Profile
Susan from Huntsville, can you believe there are two of us from Alabama ? I didn't realize it until I saw your post. LOL. Joan, you are welcome. I'm so glad you like it. The pictures turned out wonderful. Thank you for posting them.

Susan Harmon White

Sister #1958
Let all that you do be done in love
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  09:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Kim, thank you so much for the awesome Mail Art that you sent to me! It is so beautifully done! You are very talented! I am going to keep it out on display in my kitchen, as it will fit right in. LOVE the rooster theme! I wish my picture had come out better, so everyone could see how beautiful this Mail Art is. Thanks, again, MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  09:24:32 AM  Show Profile
I have been running behind and my Pink mailart for Melanie just went out in the mail yesterday (4/21)...I'm so sorry I got behind and I hope you like what I made for you! xoxo

Kim
Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

-Catherine Aird
Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  09:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by SusanHarmon

Susan from Huntsville, can you believe there are two of us from Alabama ? I didn't realize it until I saw your post. LOL. Joan, you are welcome. I'm so glad you like it. The pictures turned out wonderful. Thank you for posting them.

Susan Harmon White

Sister #1958

There are a lot of Susan's on MJF period! haha! Must have been a popular name back in the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fiber artist, spins, knits, crochets, sews, weaves, quilts, soap maker, as well as various beauty products and some natural cosmetics
Go to Top of Page

mtrolleystopcafe
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

melanie
lookeba oklahoma
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  10:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello Gals! This message is for Beth Jones, I am running late for April Mail Art I will send it out on Saturday!! Please accept my apology!!!

cafe girl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  5:06:22 PM  Show Profile
FANTASTIC MAIL-ART LADIES! Wow everyone is doing very inspirational work. I love seeing all the posted pictures. Keep
it up! The visual sharing is so much fun for all of us to see.
I really loved, loved, loved the Mobile! Fabulous!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  6:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Awesome!!! Wonderful!!!!

It's almost time for May Mail Art . . . if you haven't started it yet, now would be a good time. That way you'll be better able to send as soon as you get your Name/Address info, which will be VERY SOON!!!

My Motto is: If you can't be on time, then be early!!!!!
Thanks!
CJ
..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Apr 22 2011 6:31:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  8:56:43 PM  Show Profile

Here is the wonderful art I received from Dianne...Textile Lover...and I lover this card! Thankyou.

RoDonna, I am glad you got yours on your special day. Happy Belated Birthday!

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  04:14:20 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, So glad you liked the card. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  07:47:30 AM  Show Profile
I love, love, love looking at all these pictures!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2822
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

SusanHarmon
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Susan Harmon
Robertsdale AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  08:27:22 AM  Show Profile
Debi;
Your mail art arrived yesterday.It is lovely. All the little touches made it feel so personal to me. Even the fuzzy pieces around the loom to make it look like its ready to spin some yarn. I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how.
Thank you so much
Susan Harmon White

Sister #1958
Go to Top of Page

kkthomas
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Kim
Spokane Valley WA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  10:57:33 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MaggieMB

Kim, thank you so much for the awesome Mail Art that you sent to me! It is so beautifully done! You are very talented! I am going to keep it out on display in my kitchen, as it will fit right in. LOVE the rooster theme! I wish my picture had come out better, so everyone could see how beautiful this Mail Art is. Thanks, again, MaggieMB

You are so very welcome Mary, I had fun putting it together, the feathers added a great touch! Your friend, Kim

rememberslu
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  11:29:54 AM  Show Profile
Jill I received my April Mail Art today. It was so cute and right on time for Easter. Thank You so so so much for the little pin. I will get pictures taken and posted soon. Just a busy weekend. Thanks again.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  11:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
From Debbie in Alaska came this WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL "Purple" Mail art!!
The inside has the "When I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple" writing which is just plain funny and fun!!! Paper flowers, little heart buttons, ribbon, and jeweled flower centers.

The front has real lace, purple fabric pansies, little purple yo-yos and some stencling on the back. It was all "wrapped" in handmade paper with purple ribbon and fiber.

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!
THANK YOU DEBBIE!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  2:10:14 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I wanted to mention the sweet little feathers on your card to me, and I remembered right after I hit the submit button! Lol! MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  2:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Sherry. Glad you got it in time for easter, hope you have a great day.
Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  8:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
Here is the beautiful mail art I received today from Urban Chickie! Beautiful and so clever!!! I have it hanging on the mantle in my livingroom. Thank you!!!

Edited by - OneHippieChick on Apr 23 2011 9:02:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  8:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
To Karen...Did you receive the mail art I sent yet? If not, please let me know!

Go to Top of Page

theprimitivepilgrim
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Michelle
Baggs Wyoming
USA
217 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  11:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Received this beautiful journal from Mary(MaggieMB)~

Mary, thank you for all the time and love you put into making something so very special, I will treasure it~

Thank you also for the nice letter, and photo you enclosed. It is so nice to see our fellow sisters~

Thank you again for such a work of art!
~Michelle

http://theprimitivepilgrim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic MAIL ART: "Posts & Pics for APRIL" 2011 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page