Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Kids Swap Partners Posted 1st page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Kids Swap Partners Posted 1st page Next Topic
Page: of 3

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  4:21:39 PM  Show Profile
Okay Farmgirls...
Listed Below are the partners for the Summer fun Kids swap. PLEASE contact your partner directly to exchange how many kids you have and what their age/genders are etc. Feel free to work it out with your partner whether you are sending one box or splitting it up if you have more than one child- be creative and have fun with it!
I've extended the MAILOUT date to MAY 23rd to allow 3 weeks to get your box together.
Partners are:
Hook Angel (Bren) & LucyLobo511 (Mari-lyn)
TeresaJ25 (Teresa)& AutumnSpices (Andrea)
Retasos2 (Pilar) & Rejena (Rejena)
Laurentany (Laurie) & Cjeanjellybean (Cassie Jean)

Thanks for joining in on the fun and please be sure and notify you partner when you receive your box!
Any questions feel free to contact me.
~Farmgirl Smiles,
Laurie
Little HenHouse on the Island
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Since there are always oodles of swaps for us farmgirls, and very few for our kids, I thought it would be fun to put together a swap for the kids to enjoy! I know my daughter always gets so excited when I receive farmgirl mail, and the few times she has been involved in a swap with other kids she has enjoyed it tremendously.
SO here is what I'm thinkin:

Put together a "box of goodies" that a child would enjoy digging into right before the summer school break. Things that are fun and will keep them occupied. Lets set a $20 price on the contents of the box itself, not including shipping. Sign up now through April 30th. Mailing deadline will be May 15th- so that regardless of where you live (North or South East or West) the kids will have it in time for their Summer Break. Please email me Your Name,Your Child's AGE,whether you have a boy or girl you are signing up and your screen name/email address. I will post the partners on May 1st. You will be responsible for contacting your partner to exchange addresses and communicate with each other any helpful information about your child, such as their favorite colors, likes/dislikes etc. You can get creative- not all items need to be purchased- throw in a home made item too if you'd like! If you have more than one child you would like to sign up thats fine..it will be a good lesson in "Sharing" for the kids
Lets get together and make this fun for the kids! If I've left anything out or if you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know. This is my very first swap I will be hosting, so please bear with me and help me along the way! I will do my best to match you with a child that is similar in age to your child.
Thank you!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..

Edited by - laurentany on May 01 2011 05:35:56 AM

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  4:26:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm in...and my daughter cant wait for this one!!!! Hope you'll join in the fun!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

HookAngel
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Bren
CA
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  6:23:38 PM  Show Profile
We are in... especially my daughter!

Edited by - HookAngel on Apr 05 2011 6:24:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  7:50:53 PM  Show Profile
Welcome aboard Bren (and Daughter ) Should be fun for the kids!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  08:05:06 AM  Show Profile
What a fantastic idea!!! I just love this swap Laurie--and it hasn't even begun yet!! My wheels are spinning...so many ideas floating around in my head!
I guess you know that I am in... 1 boy, and 1 girl. I know I don't need to email you my info!!
Great Big Hugs,

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  08:55:10 AM  Show Profile
Welcome my dear friend Teresa! SO glad you're joining us. It should really be fun!
Warm Farmgirl Hugs,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sisterr#1403

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  10:39:11 AM  Show Profile
When I first saw the title I thought you wanted to swap kids! LOL

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  12:15:18 PM  Show Profile
Too funny Diane! Could prove to be interesting....country kids in the city...city kids in the country. HMMMMM
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

retasos2
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Pilar
Centereach NY
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  12:22:33 PM  Show Profile
Sign us up...I have 1 girl and 2 boys.

Pilar
Farmgirl Sister 2498
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  2:28:30 PM  Show Profile
Okay so far I have Bren,Teresa and Pilar down...come on ladies- join in on the fun! The kids will love it!
~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  6:27:12 PM  Show Profile
Bumping this up...come on girls- lets do something fun for the kiddos!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

cjeanjellybean
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Cassie Jean
Plant City FL
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  6:36:50 PM  Show Profile
Will most of ya'll be buying or making items for the swap? I've got three little girls who would love to partcipate...but funds for "extras" are pretty slim around here right now. We have alot of craft & art supplies we could share, & the girls could sew a few things, but we couldn't buy much. I have Eliza 9, Ella 5, & Evie 3. If a little box with mostly homemade things is okay, I'd like to sign them up. If not, then we'll wait for the next one...but it's a nice idea!

~Cassie Jean
Farmgirl #1356

" Stand still & let God move." ~The Isaacs
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  11:25:39 AM  Show Profile
Cassie, what I had in mind when I saw this swap was assigning certains days for some of the activities I had planned. For instance say on July 10th have a scavenger hunt and provide a list of things the kids could find. On July 17th have a picnic outside..if it's raining- have an inside picnic! Just things like that. I don't think it was about buying things, perhaps just ways to keep a child busy during some of those hot summer days when they complain that they are "so bored"!!I wasn't planning on putting together a box filled with sidewalk chalk and bubbles!! I just thought if they had things to look forward to on certain days it would make it fun.

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  12:36:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Teresa for your input
Cassie- I agree with Teresa.. A combination of store bought and homemade etc would be great! You could certainly print some games etc off of the internet and then "make" them at home. You are welcome to join in on this- the more the merrier. I really cant see anyone having a problem with the exact contents of the box, so long as their child/children receive a box of goodies! Its all good!
If you have any other questions feel free to email me! And please email me and let me know for sure if you want in on this one!
Thanks!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

cjeanjellybean
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Cassie Jean
Plant City FL
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  7:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Yes, we'll join in...I just saw the $20 budget limit & wasn't really sure what to expect! This will be a good "creative thinking" project for certain. I like the scavenger hunt idea. We have some nature activity books that might be good for something like that...Thanks for you're suggestions!

~Cassie Jean
Farmgirl #1356

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  06:03:59 AM  Show Profile
I've got you down Cassie!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  4:46:24 PM  Show Profile
My wheels are turning and I don't even have kids at home anymore! Have fun!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  5:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ginny- Honestly I'm surprised more farmgirls havent jumped on this bandwagon! I think its gonna be alot of fun!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

cjeanjellybean
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Cassie Jean
Plant City FL
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  5:42:52 PM  Show Profile
My daughters were very excited, & my oldest is asking about "little" farmgirl penpals, too! That's what she thinks she is, not a "young cultivator", but a "Little Farmgirl". They love the special farmgirl mail as well...

~Cassie Jean
Farmgirl #1356

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  3:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Bump Bump-
Last week for sign ups! Come on Sisters- Lets do something fun with the kids!

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  4:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey!
Sent you my info. My daughter is so excited about this! She's always sooooo envious when I receive a gift from my MJF Secret Santa or I'm giving/receiving my MJF ATC Swaps. This will be great for her.
Thanks so much!
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  5:39:56 PM  Show Profile
HI andrea-
I've got you down for the swap! Should be lots of fun for the kids!

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  2:04:41 PM  Show Profile
Bump.....

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  04:57:30 AM  Show Profile
We are SO IN! I'm so glad we didn't miss the boat.
Tim is 13 and Syd is 10.

Rejena
www.violetacresfarm.com
Kid Run Boer Goat Farm

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  05:49:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Rejena! I've got you down for the swap.Glad you joined us!
Farmgirl Smiles,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  08:51:27 AM  Show Profile
Added (Lucylobo511) Mari-lyn in to the swap too! Yeah!

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Edited by - laurentany on Apr 27 2011 08:56:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Kids Swap Partners Posted 1st page Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page