Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Anyone up for another Charm square swap?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone up for another Charm square swap? Next Topic
Page: of 4

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  1:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
be careful quilt shopps area addicting

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  3:04:48 PM  Show Profile
But what an addiction to have! From a happy quilter!

gloria g. Richards,TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

lcelmer
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lana
Woodburn OR
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  08:13:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the swap Janice and Catherine!

We now have 11 people. :-)

lcelmer
sunshine
Aunt Jenny
Mumof3
ShepherdessSarah
summerbreeze
Randi
berries
EagleNest
blazesch1
cmandle

The fabric amount required currently is: Eleven 12" squares in 3 different fabrics, for a total of 33 squares. (around 2 yards of each fabric)

Lana C. :-)
Let everthing that has breath praise the Lord! Psalm 150:6
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  09:52:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh, please count me in!!!! Am I too late??? I hope not!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

lcelmer
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lana
Woodburn OR
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  12:32:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the swap Bridge!

We now have 12 people. :-)

lcelmer
sunshine
Aunt Jenny
Mumof3
ShepherdessSarah
summerbreeze
Randi
berries
EagleNest
blazesch1
cmandle
Bridge

The running total fabric amount each person will send currently is: Twelve 12" squares in 3 different fabrics, for a total of 36 squares. (around 2 yards of
each fabric)

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  6:54:52 PM  Show Profile
Yikes...I am hoping we don't get many more gals..although that is fun too...already bought my fabric..2 yards of each. Should still be enough though, right????

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  7:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Aunt Jenny, go for it! One more post and you're at 4000!!! You're one true farmgirl!!

(Just got my farmgirl pillow in the mail from you too...it's adorable! Thanks so much!)

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  8:44:41 PM  Show Profile
I didn't see this post until I had done that one more post. Cool..I hadn't even noticed. Wow..I talk alot! I am so glad you like the little pillow Catherine. I need to get some more embroidery done!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  07:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Yeah I think aunt jenny that you have the most post of any one way to go. Also tomorrrow is the last day to join this swap sure have a lot of people this time should be real fun.

Go to Top of Page

lcelmer
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lana
Woodburn OR
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  08:22:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Aunt Jenny!
Congrats on the posting record!
Yes, 2 yards should be good, so far. (as long as you are good about cutting... ) 6x12= 72" or 2 yards long, 2 squares tall.

If this is OK, I would like to close the swap to more people, so we can all get our fabric cut etc, and so Aunt Jenny dosn't have to buy more fabric. :-) What do you think Ladies?

If you are still inerested in a swap you can start your own with a new thread. :-) I am sure you will get plenty of response! :-)

lcelmer
sunshine
Aunt Jenny
Mumof3
ShepherdessSarah
summerbreeze
Randi
berries
EagleNest
blazesch1
cmandle
Bridge

The running total fabric amount each person will send currently is: Twelve 12" squares in 3 different fabrics, for a total of 36 squares. (exactly 2 yards of each fabric with no extra for mistakes)

* 12" squares of quilting quality fabric (not too thin)
* Please include a note to show prewashed or not
* 3 fabrics, and each person send 1 square of each fabric for each person?- So since 12 people signed up, each would send out 36 squares, 12 of each of the three fabrics.
* Please include self addressed stamped envelople or postage in the same amount as the original package/envelope.
* fabrics to be sent in by the 30th, and you will receive the packages back by the 15 of August

the address for mailing is :
Lana Celmer
389 W Hayes St.
Woodburn, OR 97071

Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  7:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Just got my fabric today and I have to admit that I'm getting the quilting bug! Big time!!! I can't wait to see what you all have come up with. I'm about ready to start cutting tonight and then I'll send them off tomorrow. Do you all know the book "The Quiltmaker's Gift" by Jeff Brumbeau and Gail de Marcken? It's a beautiful story and is filled with even more beautiful images of quilts. I was given the companion book "Quilts from 'The Quiltmaker's Gift'" many years ago and just tucked it away in my craft book stash because "I wasn't a quilter." Well, I pulled it out today. Oh how the ideas come tumbling!!!

I have to admit that I skipped the local quilt shop in favor of JoAnn's for this swap. I really, really, really wanted to go the local shop because I love supporting the small ones, but the budget demanded the big box store. Perhaps on the next charm square swap, I'll get fabric from there! (And I just went on a mini-vacation on the North Shore of Lake Superior this weekend and was amazed at how many quilt shops we passed on the road. I practically grew up up there and never even noticed them! Guess things become apparent just when you need them...)

Gettin' the scissors out...

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  8:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
mine was mailed out today priority mail so you should have it in a few days. Also when I was doing this as fabric came in I sorted them out and have everything ready so the day the last package came that same day it was back in the mail to everyone it was easy for me that way just a thought but please by all means do it how ever you like.

Go to Top of Page

lcelmer
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lana
Woodburn OR
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  09:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sunshine! Yes... that was my plan as well. :-) As long as I can find a good spot to spread them out on....

Hello Catherine., I know how the quilt shop can break the bank. I have to admit, I usually go there to see what I like, then find it online for cheaper. (I would love to buy all my fabric there, but at around 9-12$ per yard, I can't afford it. But I do buy their scraps ... My local shop has good size clear baggies of fabric "scraps" (usually just under a fat 1/4 or bigger) for only $5.50. I like scrappy quilts, so these bags work well for me. I also order from fabric depot.com and their shipping is pretty good, and they are only 30 minutes form me, so I could go pick up, or if they ship it's here in 2 days. :-)

If I had a kid sitter for my 2 blessings, I would go spend a day at fabric depot, or a quilt shop just getting inspired. However with 2 under 6, and the 5yr old starting homeschool, I don't get much 'me' time. :-)

I plan to slice up my stuff today... :-) I bought extra to make a dress and pant set for my daughter, I like the print too much to give it all away.

Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  5:26:24 PM  Show Profile
I mailed my fabric this morning. Now the hard part. Waiting. This has inspired me to unpack fabric scraps from my grandmother and make a new lap quilt. Does anyone make prayer quilts? I'm planning to make some small pocket quilts for several friends heading to Iraq and other hot spots.
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  08:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Icelmer
just curious how many have you received so far

Go to Top of Page

lcelmer
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lana
Woodburn OR
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  09:14:59 AM  Show Profile
So far, just your package sunshine.. :-)

Go to Top of Page

blazesch1
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Janice
AMARILLO TX
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  09:29:06 AM  Show Profile
I will be shopping this weekend , and will send my package off early next week .
Looking forward to this,

Janice Regier
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  10:02:07 AM  Show Profile
I sent mine out on Wednesday! :)

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  10:39:03 AM  Show Profile
I will mail mine on Monday! Excited!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  6:41:49 PM  Show Profile
Mine will go out Monday too. IF our post offices are open. Some things are closed on Monday (bank for sure!) because of Pioneer day here.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

lcelmer
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lana
Woodburn OR
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  10:50:07 PM  Show Profile
I got Mary's (Eaglenest) package today! Thank you Mary! That's 2 down, and 9 left to go... :-)

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  05:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
actually that is three down You forgot to count yourself and nine to go. You didn't count yourself in either group.

Go to Top of Page

lcelmer
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lana
Woodburn OR
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  08:54:27 AM  Show Profile
Yes, but I am not mailing anything. :-) The count reffered to packages that are coming in.

Go to Top of Page

lcelmer
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lana
Woodburn OR
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  09:11:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! Just a reminder that the charm square swap packages need to be here by the 30th. :-) Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

blazesch1
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Janice
AMARILLO TX
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  09:38:40 AM  Show Profile
I got my fabrics this past weekend , they are cut into squares . i will mail them today. I washed all the fabrics this time .

Janice Regier
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone up for another Charm square swap? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page