Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Farmgirl Chapter Quilt Has Arrived!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Farmgirl Chapter Quilt Has Arrived! Next Topic
Page: of 4

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  4:28:45 PM  Show Profile
The first of two farmgirl chapter quilts arrived today!

The little bit of the quilt we can see without opening it up (so I could take a photo of the beautifully ribboned and "strawberried" package) is just gloriously stitched. Gorgeously and amazingly created. There aren’t words. You can just feel the love!!!! (Actually, to quote Cindylou, “This is beyond love!”) Chapter member Gloria Walls is livin' up to her name! We are overwhelmed by this quilt that we’ll open entirely after I post this!! (From the side, it looks like her quilting stitches match or echo each and every square, i.e. If a chapter square had trees, then Gloria’s quilting stitches mimicked the trees! The full quilt will be on display for Farm Fair and many, many photos of it will be taken and posted. Don’t forget, if your chapter square didn’t make it into this quilt, Gloria is still working on the second quilt. Gloria donated her time. Our chapter funds paid for materials. Our lower jaws are still on the floor ...

MaryJane

P.S. Also in the photo are Gloria’s signature strawberry pincushions and two sets of adorable pillow cases. I know some farmgirls who are gonna have some sweet, sweet dreams this weekend with lots of pillow talk into the wee hours of the morning!!!!

P.P.S. From Gloria’s “Strawberry House Quilting” brochure: “Happiness is finishing and owning a quilt! Have you always wanted a beautiful quilt for your bed, a guest bed or even your sofa? Well we could design one or pick an old favorite, with your special colors. It can be done! Or do you have a quilt top ready to be quilted? We could also get that completed. Sandwiched with batting, backing and finished off with a binding! Maybe you have an old family quilt top that needs finishing--just call me! Together we can get it finished.” You can contact Gloria through e-mail via the forum. Her screen name is: berries

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  4:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see the finshed Farm Girl quilt! Thanks for posting that tantlizing photo, Mary Jane!

Pamela
Kindred Spirits Chapter

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  4:53:16 PM  Show Profile

Hey Pamela! I can't wait to see you ~ I still have a few quilt squares here at the farm to show off at the Farmgirl Chapters booth. Of course, your absolutely gorgeously stitched Kindred Spirits quilt square is one of them!!
I'll be here with bells on early Saturday morning to greet you!!
love ya,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  5:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Cindylou - Sorry our chapter didn't make it in time but we're still trying to figure out a name! This quilt looks like it will be fabulous! I so admire someone who can do such exquisite work! Can't wait to see it.

See you on the weekend! If you need any help, holler. I have two willing hands.

Love,
P

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  6:21:47 PM  Show Profile
It looks absolutely breathtaking!! I can't wait to see it in person.

"But as for me & my house we will serve the LORD!" Joshua 24:15

Lotion bars, linen water & more in my online shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  06:03:23 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Mary Jane, I just wanted to drop a Thank You for the beautiful picture of your Farmgirl Chapter Quilt, and all the heartfelt words about me completing it! It was a labor - well not labor but a love of labor for me to be able to complete it for you and your farmgirls! For all of us! I too have been connected since purchasing your last magazine. I haven't been able to lay it down - with the exception of quilting :>) .

There aren't words, just the true heartfelt love within, to know how much you loved it! Please just enjoy it. Quilts bring so much comfort, and in my way of feeling, bring a great big hug. One can only look at their quilt and feel so many things. Connections, reflections, dreams, family, friends, sisters or whatever your heart is desiring. I think that's why I love them so much. Even other people quilts bring me confort!

Having lived far from family, it is my way of connecting! So from my heart to yours, enjoy! Think of all the friends within that quilt! It truly brings peace and joy! These redwork blocks are simply beautiful!

I know you all will have a wonderful Farm Fair this weekend, and I sure wish I could be there! But as I told Cindylou, one of my dreams and goals will be to get there (one day)! My dreams always come true! So..... Happy Farm Fair, again, I am grateful for your kind and loving words, and I know there will be more to come! Seems we all just work well together - even long distance!

Thinking of each and everyone of you, I know you will be working oh so hard, and loving each other while doing it! I am enjoying completing the 2nd Farmgirl Chapter quilt, and it too will be on it's way to you and yours! Bless you all, and thank you.....with much love from Texas.

love, hugs, and strawberries, gloria g. :>)

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  07:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful!! I can hardly wait to seee the whole thing...I sure wish it could be "in person" this year. Gloria..wow! YOu did a fabulous job!! What a wonderful project for all.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  07:57:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Jenny! I can hardly stand it, I am just so proud!!!! I just love the quilt, and hope all will enjoy it as much as I do! Everyone who participated in this block gift, is so talented! It has made a treasure! I call this Makin Memories!!!!

gloria g.
Richards, TX

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  08:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
will it be posted here after the fair so the rest of us can see

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  09:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh, if the rest of the quilt is as beautiful as the tiny little bit we see here...........What a gorgeous picture!! And the quilting! That is a talent I have yet to learn. One of these days!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  09:23:22 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely beautiful from what we've seen so far!!! Can't wait to see it in person. Very talented and you can tell a lot of love was put into it.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  09:33:11 AM  Show Profile
What a great picture Mary Jane, everything placed so nice. Berries, great job, love the quilt!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  09:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh yea, I also love the pillow cases, wish I could bottle all this talent.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  09:44:53 AM  Show Profile
I do not have any words.....I wish I could post a feeling! That feeling would be overflowing with respect and love and admiration and wonder over the farmgirl spirit and the talents that embody that spirit. Just to see a corner of the quilt was enough to astound me! How beautiful and Berries, hats off to you! Oh my gosh!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  09:49:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness girls! What I would say is Thank You, but also:

You can do it as well! I love sharing!

You can do anything You want to! I would love to share it with you!

Thank you again, heartfelt thanks....

gloria g.
Richards,

Go to Top of Page

Garden_artist
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
182 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  10:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Open it up, Open it up!!!! I can't wait any longer! I want to see the quilt.

That's what keeps running through my head as I look at the picture. It looks just beautiful. I made a xerox copy of our quilt square and hung it on my desk. I can't beleive how much I love redwork, it looks so beautiful (red on white)

Gloria, what wonderful talent you have. I can't wait to see it open.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  10:35:16 AM  Show Profile
Gloria,

How would I go about learning? Are there classes at quilt shops? Should I start with a simple patchwork quilt? I am interested in learning - it's on my ever expanding list of "things I want to do". Thanks. You're very inspiring.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  10:50:55 AM  Show Profile
I am so proud to be a Farmgirl in the company of these remarkable women.

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  10:57:42 AM  Show Profile

Hi Farmgirls!!
YES ~ MaryJane will be taking lots of photos at Farm Fair of the Chapter Leader Quilt that Gloria ( the dearest friend ever) so lovingly quilted. They will be posted on the forum sometime next week so you can all admire the beautiful embroidery and the beautiful quilting!!
We're all a hoppin' and a jumpin' around here getting ready for Farm Fair. Julie Bell and I will be welcoming all the "farmgirls at heart" at the MJF Chapter booth. I can't wait to meet those of you who are coming and wish everyone one of you could be here!!
Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  11:00:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie, yes, there are quilt shops with classes, on-line classes, quilting bees, and Simply Quilts on T.V., Fons and Porter comes on here on Public TV every Saturday. Get with a quilting guild, or start on in your area. I am a member of several quilt guilds. But I also love books. Check your local library, they will get them in if they don't have a bunch already. I have always had a love of sewing, crocheting, basket weaving and I am self taught in all. Just do it! You can!

Thanks you all for your kind words. I trulyl appreciate it! I just wish I could be at Farm Fair with everyone!

happy sewing, piecing, or whatever makes YOU happy! :>)

gloria g.
Richards, TX

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  2:17:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gloria, Just back from the Farm Fair. The Farmgirl Chapter Quilt is stunning. I was helping Cindylou at the Farmgirl champter booth and got to explain the making of the quilt to lots of people and of course hear comments from people. They were amazed at the beautiful job you did. People were most impressed. I wished you could have been there. JoAnn P.S. P.S. Of course the Farm Fair was wonderful as always!

I've always been called a dreamer, but I never listened. I did what others dare not do--lived my dream while they watched. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  4:41:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Thank you JoAnn, I wish I could have been there as well. One day I will! So glad you got to see it, be there, and thank you for saying kind words. I really enjoyed doing it, and there will be a 2nd to follow! I know it would all be wonderful there! Again, thank you for letting me know!

gloria g.
Richards, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  3:45:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!! At last!! Here's the photo of the gorgeous farmgirl chapter leader quilt that Gloria "berries" so beautifully quilted! I wish you all could have been here to admire this amazing quilt! As folks passed by the Farmgirl Chapter booth there were lots of squeals of glee, ooooohs and ahhhhhs, and glowing compliments for Gloria's quilting and all the chapter farmgirls lovingly embroidered "red work" stitching!! All those who contributed were honored on the 'back label' of the quilt. Following is the information for each row from left to right~ ~

Heartfelt thanks to all of the MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Chapters who lovingly embroidered these quilt squares, and to Gloria Walls ~Chapter in Richards, TX who so graciously offered to creatively assemble and quilt the squares. Love, MaryJane & Cindylou

Row #1 across from left to right ~

1~Marianne Zwicklbauer ~ The Empire State Mountain Farmgirls Chapter in Hoosick Falls, New York
2~Jenny Pipes ~ The Sanpete Farmgirls Chapter in Manti, Utah
3~Susan Atwell ~ The La Porter County Indiana Farmgirls in LaPorte, Indiana
4~JoAnn Groth and Jo Ann Bender ~ The Forgotten Corner Farmgirls Chapter in Colville, Washington

Row #2 across from left to right ~

1~Adrianne Hankinson and Debbie Smith ~ The Lisabeula Ladies Farmgirls Chapter in Vashon Island, Washington
2~Dottie Estabrooke ~ Granny's Nook Chapter in Wappingers Fall, New York
3~Dawn Rogal ~ The Farmgirls Co-op Chapter in Bellevue, Washington
4~Rita Sturiale ~ The Boise Farm Girls Chapter in Boise, Idaho

Row #3 across from left to right ~

1~Julie Melia ~ The Urban Hens Farmgirls Chapter in Omaha, Nebraska
2~MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Chapter square by Cindylou
3~Katie Stuart ~ The Twin Falls, Idaho Farmgirls Chapter in Twin Falls, Idaho

Row #4 across from left to right ~

1~Robin DeBord and Janet Lamb ~ The Virginia Tech Hokies Farmgirls Chapter in Blacksburg, Virgina
2~Eileen Widman ~ The Olympic Peninsula Farmer's Daughters Chapter in Quilcene, Washington
3~Jeanette Johnston ~ The Here and There Farmgirls Chapter in Moscow, Idaho
4~Julia Valovich ~ The Yarn and Garden Farmgirls Chapter in Reedsport, Oregon

Row #5 across from left to right ~

1~Bobbi deMontigny ~ The Helena Handbasket Farmgirls in Helena, Montana
2~Marybeth Schwartz ~ The Country Charms Chapter in Stanwood, Washington
3~Kim Covell ~ the Illinois Prairie Chapter in Sycamore, Illinois
4~Becky Kae Cook ~ The Wild Whitman Farmgirls in Rosalia, Washington

Row #6 across from left to right ~

1~Laura Robinson ~ The Hickory Chicks Chapter in Hickory Corners, Michigan
2~Laura Haigler Hill and Peggy Bass ~ The Fiber Sisters Chapter in Towanda, Kansas
3~Jane and Christa McNeil ~ The Friendship County Farmgirls Chapter in Lost Nation, Iowa
4~Wendy Durig ~ The Dirt Diggers Chapter in Bremerton, Washington

This wonderful quilt exudes love and friendship in each embroidered and quilted stitch!! MaryJane and I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of our little ole' pea pickin' hearts!!

Sunnily yours,
Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  3:54:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh...it is wonderful!! Thanks so much for posting a picture!! It is so so so perfect!!! I can't wait until I can someday see it in person!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  4:02:03 PM  Show Profile
beautiful work and lovely designs.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  4:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Very beautiful!! I think I read some where there is going to be one or two more made is that right. If so will you please post their photos here when done.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Farmgirl Chapter Quilt Has Arrived! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page