Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Finding buyer for Singer featherweight 221k?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Finding buyer for Singer featherweight 221k? Next Topic  

Unusual Farm Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tammie
Ohio
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  11:06:55 AM  Show Profile
I was given an {almost} perfect condition white color singer featherweight 221k (yr 1965){original everything including manual, buttonhole attach, etc accesorries}. The blemish is 2 very tiny spots on bottom rim show a dot of metal where paint must have chipped.Even very nice condition original white belt. Also with a green body/white rim case in fantastic condition. Runs superb.
HOW or more like WHERE do I find a buyer without online consignment. The thought of sending something away for them sell & then recieving back only 50% has me not comfortable.
I see some on ebay going at the lower end condition for $300 but wonder when it comes to shipping price added does the buyer usually end up backing out of the deal.
I would like to get between around $350 but not sure what route & where would be the best route to go.
I know this is an item big with quilters, so hoopefully someone can direct me how to go about this.
Thank you.

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  08:33:50 AM  Show Profile
... you mentioned (from email) that you have an Etsy account... try selling on there... their definition of "vintage" are things over twenty years old.
Good Luck!

:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy ...Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  9:56:25 PM  Show Profile
I have a featherweight and know how sweet they are. Mine is a 1955 model...runs so smooth.

If you know anything about your local Quilters Guild I'd call the president or coordinator and tell her what you have for sale. Since the featherweights are so popular among quilters I think it would be a fast and easy way to sell it..

If you live rural and can't go that route then you could sell it on Etsy. I believe they charge a 3.50% closing fee.

Good Luck,
Stephanie

Queen of Dreamsz * * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Mar 19 2011 9:58:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Unusual Farm Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tammie
Ohio
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  04:04:40 AM  Show Profile
I am trying to avoid the etsy due to the price for selling on the higher dollar amount.lol.
But The quilt guild is a great idea. I think there is one local at a church.
Now why didnt I think of that?lol.
Thank you for the suggestions. I had listed on craigslist but with it Came those who like to offer almost half the asking price.
I'll be making some calls to quilting guildes on Monday.
Thank you ladies.
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  2:20:22 PM  Show Profile
What are you asking for it?

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

Unusual Farm Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tammie
Ohio
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  2:42:25 PM  Show Profile
I have been asking $300 {and mentioned I am willing to negotiate} when contacting a few local places. I did have a lady from one guild show interest then a relative found out she was wanting one & just gave her's to her.lol.
Shipping looks to avge. about $35 so I had really hoped a local would want it. All the sewing stores/machine sales/repairs are not interested since they would not make much in profit and kept offering half and then they would sell it for $50 more then what I am asking. lol.
At least they were honest.
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  7:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tammie,
Do you still have the sewing machine? My sister maybe interested in it. I will give her a heads
up on it and get back with you.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Finding buyer for Singer featherweight 221k? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page