kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  5:03:36 PM  Show Profile
What can I do? I had mixed up some honey and brown sugar for a facial scrub a few weeks ago. I hope it's not that drying my eyelids out. I use moisturizer too. Is there something specifically for dry eyelids. I have also noticed a few dry patches like on my chin and the crease of my nose too. I use desert Essentials moisturizer. Maybe it's just not enough for the winter dryness. Any suggestions?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  07:19:04 AM  Show Profile
I've started using aloe vera gel and it has worked wonders for my dry skin. I've not had any problems applying it directly to my eye lids either.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://www.mynsp.com/rksmith
http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  09:03:48 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kris
Sometimes I rub organic coconut oil all over my face before bedtime, eye areas too. It is a wonderful moisturizer
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  5:28:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, y'all. I have both so will try each. I always know where to come with a problem.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  08:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
You may be allergic to your eye make-up. I get extremely dry and flaky eyelids when my eyeshadow is no longer "working" for me. If you've changed products, you may consider it. It's also important to keep your applicators clean. I hope just moisturizing works for you!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  8:17:39 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I only use mascara sometimes and it's the same kind always. It does feel a little better since I started taking Alegra for my allergies for some reason. And lots of moisturizer.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  06:15:43 AM  Show Profile
Olive oil might help. I wouldn't use any srubs on the eyelid area.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cibola
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Remi
Ellensburg Washington
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  5:28:12 PM  Show Profile
I like using aloe vera for so many things. I will try for the dry eyes. Thanks for the info.

Farmgirl: Cibola
Go to Top of Page

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  12:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
Went to the dermatologist last Thursday - have ezcema on my eyelids only. How bizarre is that? We're going to be treating a myriad of things, so maybe one of the medications will help me. I do notice that my Clarinex my local Dr. gave me to prevent any more skin irritation before I went to the derm. seemed to help it a bit - at least it doesn't itch when I take it.

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  2:36:34 PM  Show Profile
That's what I noticed about my eyelids. They are itchy. I am going back to my skin doc in a few moths for a full body check for skin cancer. I will ask to be checked for that then. I take Evening Primrose oil for my face. It really helps. I would get dry red patchy places on my face. And it seems no matter how much moisturizer I use it still is dry. But the EPO helps alot. I had to stop taking all my herbs and oils last Friday to get ready for this colonoscopy tomorrow and I can really tell a difference in my face. It is red and itchy now. When I get home from the hospital tomorrow I am taking all my pills first thing.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Very Dry Eyelids Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page