True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  4:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey there, girls -

Do any of you have left or right branch bundle block? I have whichever of the two is less common - the left branch bundle block, I believe. I've had serious chest pain for a couple of days now, but the doctors at the hospital (where they discovered this condition last year) told me that there's really nothing they can do for the pain, that, basically, this is "par for the course." They said that people live with this condition and although they will monitor it as needed, there's nothing really to be concerned about. The thing is, I don't know when this pain is something to be concerned about and needing medical attention vs. just the usual pain associated with this. It feels like a fist going straight from the center of my chest burning straight to my back. It comes and goes - nothing constant. I don't even have it every day. I had it most of the day yesterday, and today it started coming on around dinnertime. It's more scarey than inhibiting, truthfully. It doesn't interfere with my breathing, I don't have any pain down the arm, I don't even break a sweat or feel a terrible amount of pressure - it's just this dang, disconcerting pain. I know it's not a heart attack, thank God - but when it's like this, I can't help but worry.

My Dad has a horrific history of heart disease (brought on mostly by his lifestyle), but all the tests they've done show I'm as healthy as a horse ('cept for the branch bundle block, of course!). His mother died of a heart attack, after multiple "false alarm" visits to the ER, each time only to be told it was all in her head. As a matter of fact, the nurse I spoke with on her final visit to the ER had told me that she was making it all up to get attention, and not to rush in, that she'd be released in a few hours... Then my Grandmother suddenly died from heart failure, lying alone in that sterile ER room without anyone believing her, that very afternoon (yeah - really sad, really scarey). My Mom and Grandmother (her mother) both suffer(ed) with mitral valve prolapse, but my valves are in good shape, too. (All my tests show I'm good - I just have this stinkin' condition!) So, taking all of that into account, I have to admit, I can't help but get scared a little bit when the chest pain lasts like this. I don't want to be paranoid, but I also don't want to overlook anything that might be serious. And running to the ER everytime I have a little chest pain sure could become expensive -especially when they can't really do anything except tell me I'm going to be fine. Ugh.

You want to hear something weird, too? I know this is going to sound nuts, but it's the truth... Believe it or not, what seems to help is if I eat beef - isn't that strange? My foster daughter (a nursing student) told me that isn't as crazy as it sounds because beef has a chemical in it not found in other types of meat. I don't know...

I don't mean to whine, truly; it would just be so good to hear from someone else who goes through this. I know that they really don't do anything for this, but I really would feel slightly comforted if those of you who have branch bundle block would just share your experiences. How do you know when it's nothing, and how do you know when it's something to worry about? It's so hard being the only person in the world I know who has this. And the doctors all just seem to pat me on the head, smile and ensure that my bottom gets a little push as I make my way out the door. I just SO want it to go away, you know? I'm sure I'll be fine, but it's very uncomfortable and nerve-wracking to live with at times. I never know if it's a hospital emergency or just something I have to sit through. I haven't died yet, so I'm taking that as a good sign. ;)

Thanks for letting me go on about this... Please don't worry - I don't mean to worry anyone, honest. I'm sure I'll be fine. It's just that I know if anyone will be willing to share their experience and help me keep things in perspective, it's my farmgirl sisters! :)

Hugs,

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 10 2011 4:36:52 PM

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  4:49:40 PM  Show Profile
Nini
I don't have any advice, but if I were you, I would stock up on filet mignon, T bones, porterhouse & prime rib!!!
& eat your way out of misery!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Lisa! I like the way you think! Too bad it isn't cake, brownies and ice cream that works, huh?! LOL! Thanks for making me giggle! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  7:35:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini! that sounds like it would worry anyone. No real advice but plenty of hugs and prayer.

Love ya girl, I hope it goes away and stops buggin'ya soon!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  8:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Angina Pectoris? Sounds like you have a history in your family of heart disease. My family too. Last June I was rushed via ambulance from my clinic by my Dr. thinking it was a heart attack. After experiencing three "more same pain" episodes spanning around 8 months...Come to find out (and I diagnosed this myself) I was suffering from post-herpetic neuralgia from a case of the shingles that prior September. Sheesh and it only cost around $5,000 for ME to figure out what they couldn't.

Knowledge is power girlfriend. Read up and follow your gut if the pain doesn't feel "right" and have it checked out again.

In the meantime Nini...Take it easy okay? Do some 4-square breathing too it's a great stabilizer.

Sorry it's hurting you dear friend- :(

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  04:29:08 AM  Show Profile
Nini not to cause fear but 13 years ago all that I had was pain down both sides of my neck. To the point that I'd just stop and hold my neck with both hands. DH took me to the hospital and they ran all kinds of test, blood pressure was ok, blood work ok, ekg fine. And they were going to send me home. DH told them he's not taking me home until they find out what it was. Which I believe was a God moment. I had this off and on for a few weeks. So they schuduled me for a stress test the next morning. Couldn't do it for very long, pain was too bad. In I went, and came out with 2 stints in my heart. I'm doing well now and so glad that DH insisted that they keep me there. So if you believe in your heart that there is something else, keep after them until the cause is found. I do pray that you are doing better now. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Branch Bundle Block Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page