Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 September Gurlfren Gathering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic September Gurlfren Gathering Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  10:07:26 PM  Show Profile
GURLFRENZ GATHERING

GURLFRENZ .. NEAR AND FAR ... i'm thinkin' it is about time for another 'gurlfren gathering' here at cabin creek! how's about sometime early september? i think our back porch will be all "did-ed" up by then .. hopefully the weather will have cooled off and we'll probably have TONS of squash and zucchini to give away! i was thinkin' if ya'll jus' arrived about 9:00 a.m. (eastern time) .. and we'll have a fruit salad and croissants (i will put one of YOU in charge to make sure i don't burn them!!) .. then it might be fun to make a little crafty project (i'll be thinkin' upon that and try to pull together some supplies for whatever i conjure up!!) if you wanna' take a walk in the forest .. that would be fun (hmmmmmmm .. when is hunting season down here???)

then we can all roam into greensburg .. where i'll see if that sweet nan montgomery will give us a tour of our Courthouse (Oldest Courthouse west of the Allegheny Mountains!! -- built between 1802-1804). then we'll wander over to Glovers' Station for a little 'tiquin' .. then up the street to Plaid Peacock .. (t'woud be fun to stop by Lucy Tucker's for Tea and Dessert) .. then down the road to Cobblestone Farms .. back through town and up the road to Beehind Thyme! WHEW! by then .. if you don't have to head homeward bound .. we can all have some good mexican chow in Campbellsburg .. and maybe even take in a 'chick flick' at the movies.

I won't be able to put all ya'll up this time .. but if you want to spend the night .. i can find out if the cute little cabins in greensburg are available .. there are four cabins .. i think two of them sleep FOUR .. and two of them sleep SIX (more .. if we don't mind bein' wall to wall in sleeping bags on the floor. IF a bunch of us want to stay at the cabins .. i'll join you too! they are soooo reasonable! i think the small ones are only $45. a night .. and the big-guns are only $65. a night. Split by all of us .. it's about the same as spending the night in my van!!!! (which, by the way, if it is a cool evening .. is a fun kinda' adventure .. you jus' have to do that with me sometime!!!)

If we spend the night at the cabins .. we can do a 'cookout' rather than mexican chow and movie!

I'm think September .. cuz' it should be cooler weather by then.

Gonna' start planning this right away .. sooo .. let's be thinkin' the weekend of September 2/3.

Only thing that i can think of that would change those dates .. would be life or death ... (early babies .. or my dad). Call or e-mail me soon's you can if you wanna' be on the list of Gurlfrenz Gathering!!

This isn't a commitment on your part .. jus' gives me an idea of what to plan .. so .. mark those dates on your calendar and plan to join us! OH WHAT FUN WE WILL HAVE!!! XOXO, FRANNIE

I'm especially hoping that you Green County and Kentucky girls will be able to be a part of this fun day! And all ya'll from OFF .. i sure hope you can join the frivolity too!!!

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  02:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Howz 'bout if one of us Northern Yankee's flies in for the weekend?
Is that allowed? Since I can't make it to Farm Fair, can I come to Kentucky? Pleeezzzzeee? I'll rent a car and take a small cabin in Greensburg. I'll bring Washington apples and Salt water taffy.
Pretty please with sugar on top!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  05:07:27 AM  Show Profile
How do I talk my husband into letting me do this? I would love to come! And I know just the person to take with me- my sister!! As she said to me the other day (when I was telling her how excited I was to get a Lehman's butter churn from my kids for my birthday!)"Sometimes I just don't understand you - wanting chickens, churning butter?!"
This girl needs to come see for herself that I am not the odd one! Don't you agree?
It may take some finagling, but I will try!!

Karin

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  05:54:40 AM  Show Profile
diane .. that would be soooooooooo wonderful!!! be sure to fly into Louisville .. it's our closest airline .. an hour (60 miles) away. i would pick you up .. but i know i'll be running in every direction getting ready for the gurlz! please plan to stay an extra day or two if you can! feel free to bring a friend or twelve too!!! when you know for sure you can come .. let me know .. and i'll start reserving those cabins! oh happy day!

karin darlin .. how exciting a gurlfren roadtrip!!! and oh my yesssssss .. we will teach that sister of yours to love 'country' and all it's fixins! let me know when you have decided for sure .. again .. so i can start reserving some cabins for us all!

i've got you all on 'the list' .. be sure to e-mail me ... might include your phone and cell phone numbers .. in case we have to be in contact. (i'll e-mail you mine .. and directions to Cabin Creek Farm too!) oh yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!! xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  06:52:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh, how I wish I could come. But am taking three weeks vacation the end of July, beginning of August and won't be able to get any time off again until next year. Sounds like a wonderfully fun time!!! Please have some extra fun for us girls that can't attend!!!

"There is a voice that doesn't use words........Listen."
Go to Top of Page

Redhen
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Moe
Illinois
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  06:54:22 AM  Show Profile
What a great way to end the summer! I'd love to try and come. I'll be emailing you, Frannie.

....I don't believe we're in Kansas anymore.The Wizard of Oz
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  1:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, I hadn't even noticed where you are from. We are nearly neighbors! I am in Richmond. I am so happy that I found this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  3:07:41 PM  Show Profile
You could have knocked me over with a feather this morning when my sister said "YES!" when I asked her about the Gurlfrenz Gathering!!
Whoo-hoo! We will be there. Frannie, I will e-mail you my info.
This is me -

Karin
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  8:56:42 PM  Show Profile
oh i am so excited! i'm going to go to town tomorrow and reserve all four cabins!!! xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  9:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun...I KNOW I can't come...bet you will all have a blast.
Karin..I am so jealous of you with your butter churn!! I am hoping for one for MY birthday in October.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  10:29:10 PM  Show Profile
OH JENNY ... today at a yard sale .. there was a beautiful antique pottery butter churn .. dasher and all .. had a "5" on it and an Indian Head .. in blue .. $75.

i probably should have bought it .. but i bet it will still be there tomorrow. xo

True Friends, Frannie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  10:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Did it look like it could be used still Frannie??? I mean like I could make it sanitary??? I would sure love to have a really neat looking one like that..and that is a wonderful price!!! Gosh..I live in an antique wasteland...nothing good here usually. Few and far between anyhow.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic September Gurlfren Gathering Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page