MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  7:49:21 PM  Show Profile
This forum gave me the courage to plant our first garden this spring, thanks guys!!

Wanted to show you some pictures......thanks for letting me share!

Just click on my blog....

My Blog: http://tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com/

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  8:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I love your garden so lush and green not to be weird I love the way your bard and the green are just such a pretty contrast in color. I like your barn I always wanted a house that looks like a barn so my kids can say when people ask where you raised in a barn they can say yes silly I know but I think it is funny someday I will keep dreaming for now. very very pretty

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  9:39:21 PM  Show Profile
Your garden looks wonderful Michelle..great job!! What are the blue things blooming along the front there that are so pretty?
Di
Go to Top of Page

MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  05:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine,

Thanks...the barn just got some boards replaced, we haven't painted yet, waiting to do a few more repairs before the whole thing gets a new coat of red paint. We are talking about setting up a Studio in there for my quilting, etc. I too think the barn is a pretty backdrop to everything on our mini farm.

Hugs, Michelle

Go to Top of Page

MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  05:55:30 AM  Show Profile
Diane,

Thanks!

I am not sure what the blue things are, it was a "Cottage Garden" 25cent seed pack from Walmart...does anyone else know??

Hugs, Michelle

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  08:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
the blue flower it is hard to see but it looks like bachelor's button

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  08:18:58 AM  Show Profile
I would say those are almost definitely bachelor's buttons. They are a fun flower because you can just throw the seeds down and up they come. Your garden is gorgeous and I enjoy your blog as well.

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  08:30:26 AM  Show Profile
Your garden is just beautiful. I was so surprised to see how full it is already. I guess that's the difference between TN weather and WI weather. You must get a headstart.
Go to Top of Page

TejasFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Dawnn
Bartonville Texas
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  10:20:42 PM  Show Profile
Just gorgeous Michelle!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  11:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Michelle, your garden is just lovely!! And so are you! I loved your picture on your site and all your family. It is neat to place a face with a name here! Hope you all are able to have a wonderful harvest!
Happy Gardening ( to you and Hubbie! )

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  3:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Oh, Michelle, I just love your daylillies! They are my second favorite flower to the rose in a garden. From the Texas they will bloom from mid May until first frost. Don't forget to pull the bloom stalks. Once a set of blooms is done and dried, slide your hand down the stalk and pull the bloom stalk, tricks the plant into continous blooms.

Absolutely wonderful garden!!!!

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Pics of Our First Garden! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page