Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 Looking for a small trailer to re"vamp" in WI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic Looking for a small trailer to re"vamp" in WI Next Topic  

Kampercatt
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Zoe
Elkhorn WI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  2:21:30 PM  Show Profile
If anyone knows of a small vintage trailer that needs some
TLC in the southern WI area, drop me a line. I have been
bitten by the bug to own my own "Glamper". Needs to be sound,
reasonable. I'm open minded and already have tons of ideas
for it's restoration. Hope to see some of these "ladies"
on the road this season.

Zoe

I've found my "Glamper" thanks to my sister farm girls!!

Edited by - Kampercatt on Apr 02 2011 06:50:04 AM

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:55:54 PM  Show Profile
check out your local 'for sale' ad's as well as Craigs List....
but,,, when you go to look at a trailer, especially if it a vinetage one,,,,take a pocket flash light & a screw driver...then snoop around every crook, cranny & corner of the trailer,,,,if you smell a moldy musty odor,,,,RUN!
Don't let the seller try to tell you it's nothing,,,or if s/he is doing a lot of 'talking' to convince you that it's a sought after trailer brand,,,,don't get caught into their hi-pitch sales......
look inside all the cabinets, lift up the cushions and pull out drawers...why?
LOOK for WATER damage or anything that looks like they may have tried to cover up with paint or carpet.
Use your screw driver to poke around underneith the trailer(the underside of the flooring....if your screw driver goes through/into the wood or drops a lot of 'sawdust, the trailer has water damage to the flooring.
All older trailers will have some damage at the threshold of the entry door, no big deal.
But if the over all flooring feels squishy, that's a problem-floor wood rot.
Your flashlight will help you to see inside cabinets and underneather much better.
Water damage is the worst thing for trailers. Some can be easily repaired, some will take a lot of repairing.
I had a friend who went to look at a trailer, and told me-oh how sweet of the guy to have a lovely scented candle burning in the trailer when I got there,,,cuz the trailer had been closed up for sometime & he wanted the trailer to smell nice for me...Helll-looo! I rolled my eyes & explained to her....#1 the seller was trying to mask the odors(mold?) 2nd, only an idiot would leave a candle burning inside a wee trailer! duh!
Anyways, don't be afraid to ask questions, maybe bring along a family member or friend to spot things you might miss....and don't let the seller know you are desperate to buy a lil trailer.....
Once you get your lil trailer be prepared for sleepless nights...as your mind dreams of all kinds of fun things you can use to decortate and the fun Glamping trips you will have....
Happy trails

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  4:15:15 PM  Show Profile
I have one and I live in Janesville! Sending you and e-mail as we speak...

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Kampercatt
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Zoe
Elkhorn WI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  05:25:17 AM  Show Profile
She is here, I have my Glamper, she's parked in my hubbies shop [he's a keeper] I am so excited to have the first step of my dream to have become reality!! Thank you to Diane in Janesville for making this happen! A huge thank you to Mary Jane for your magazine and giving me the inspiration to be a part of the sisterhood!!

#2262 Zoe
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  08:49:45 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad that she went to a fellow farmgirl. We will have to keep in touch. I would love to see her all done up.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  04:00:37 AM  Show Profile
I love this!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi

farmgirl sister #2822

embchicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kampercatt
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Zoe
Elkhorn WI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  04:59:54 AM  Show Profile
I love it, too!! I was out there last night, taking everything out and putting parts in a bin.[thanks hubby] Removed the shelf some guy put in for his TV. Diane & I agreed on not needing that. Got windows meassured and the bed area. Off this weekend to the Goodwill and other places to look for treasures to dress her up. My city/farm girl sisters are coming over saturday to check her out. Can't wait!! Maybe we'll have a tea party while it's sitting in the garage!!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  05:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Zoe, I am so glad that everything worked out! A tea party would be fun. I am sure that it was meant to be. About a half of an hour after we purchased our new tear drop, I saw the post for "wanted camper in WI". The power of MJF was at work and I am so glad she went to a fellow sister. When you get her all gussied up you will have to post some pictures here. Maybe we can go glamping together some time.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Looking for a small trailer to re"vamp" in WI Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page