julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  09:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Last Saturday, stone by stone I laid out a basic 7 circuit labrynth in the middle of one of my pastures surrounded by praire grass and wildflowers. Fabulous! I had tilled the area months ago. I tilled it again and still was unable to lay the first stone. The neighborhood kids helped gather a huge heap of stones and STILL I could not put down the first stone. I realized, then, that building a labrynth is a connection to something ancient and truly spiritual that I had not yet earned the right to do. I waited. I continually thought about it. For days I carried a drawing design in my pocket and visited the sight. Then, recently, I went to a party (of psychiatrists no less) and there was a shaman there. We discussed the labrynth and he completely inspired me. It wasn't anything he said per se, it was simply a connection/discussion of what is sacred and divine in life. Last Saturday I woke up, had a cup of coffee, walked out to the sight and put down the first stone! It took me several hours at different times during the day but I finished it around 8 pm.
I've had several people walk it now and it has been really wonderful!

Judy, thank you for coming over and walking it! I want to know more of what you think..things I could add etc...

If you're in the Spokane Area and want to walk it, just let me know!
many smiles,
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:26:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Julia! I just love labyrinths - congratulations on building one. What a thing to be proud of and connected to! Is it possible for you to post a photo?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:45:19 AM  Show Profile
I have been going to make a Medicine wheel for several years now, but the place on our property has now yelled out at me yet. maybe it wont, maybe it will. Ive walked one before and do miss it
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  4:47:43 PM  Show Profile
Our church has it's own labyrinth. It is right between our sanctuary and our school. As time goes on, it becomes more precious to all of us.

I loved reading your process of how you were inspired to build yours. That is great, Julia!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  1:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Julia, You do the coolest things...so inspiring. Post a picture of it when you can. I love the idea of a labyrinth of my own. How much space does yours take up? Are you going to do plantings? Pregnancy obviously agrees with you. So glad. You inquired about my fairies. Well, my daughter is always giving them surprises in the "Fairy Tree." The tree has that big natural bowl in the base. I made a path lined in rocks to the tree, but haven't done any other landscaping there. So far, my husband is covering for those Fairies. They have yet to "accept" her surprises. We'll see. P.S. Have fun at the Farm Fair!

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic My new Labrynth Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page