Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 It looks pretty outside but...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic It looks pretty outside but... Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  07:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
it is SO cold! My hands ache from just scraping my windows and driving to work. It's crazy. Yesterday morning it was -13.5 degrees without windchill and that was at 8am. Today it is about 7 degrees above. I am so ready for warm spring weather... Please?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  08:29:40 AM  Show Profile
Alee, it is SOOO cold here! It's about 2 degrees out, and that doesn't include wind chill...
I'm dreaming of warm spring rains, the greening of the hills and the beauty of my plum trees in bloom

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  08:33:39 AM  Show Profile
Woke up to -10 this morning without wind chill. Now they say another storm is moving in tonight. At least that means a bit warmer with cloud cover. I am so done with this. I am way past ready for spring.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  4:11:49 PM  Show Profile

Just a little peek at my garden. 11 Degrees out right now
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  6:44:37 PM  Show Profile
This morning we drove to Yellowstone National Park from Billings Montana at 4:00 AM. It was around -9 degrees with a slight breeze. As we were driving towards Livingston Montana the temp dropped even lower. At one point is was @ -22 degrees from Columbus Montana to Big Timber Montana. Then the wind started up and we were traveling in a ground blizzard but the actual temp climbed up to 6 degrees but with the wind I don't want to think of the wind chill affect. We got to Livingston and the wind died down and the temp from Livingston to Gardner Montana was about 11 to 16 degrees. We had a slight breeze following us all the way.

As we reached the Park the temperature started to drop again and the winds started to blow. It was about 7:30 AM and the sun was shinning but the air was filled with ice crystals falling everywhere. It was so pretty but oh so cold. The coldest part of our trip was yet to come. Only the Northern road from Gardner to Cooke City Montana is open for car travel during the Winter months in Yellowstone National Park. The Lamar Valley was a close -30 degrees @ 9:00 AM Saturday morning. The usual animals like the coyotes and bison were not to be seen in the valley. We did see them only in other areas on our drive closer to the tree lines.

The drive back to Billings was not as cold but still windy.

What one does to have a little fun on their day off.....

Madelynne

www.johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic It looks pretty outside but... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page