Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Calling All Cross -xx-Stitchers!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Calling All Cross -xx-Stitchers! Next Topic
Page: of 3

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  07:59:20 AM  Show Profile
Amy I just placed my first order with 123 stitch. It took me a long time to decide what I wanted to order, I wanted so much but could afford just a few patterns. I can't wait for them to arrive. I'm working on a Silent Night church project right now. So little time to stitch!!
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  11:40:58 AM  Show Profile
Lori,
You must post pics of the Silent Church when done.
Can wait to see it!
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  1:54:49 PM  Show Profile
I can hardly put it down... but, darn I have housework, work at the office, yardwork, and so many other things that should be done and ALL I want to do is stitch.. What the heck is wrong with me??? hehehe
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  09:51:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to have us do a Swap Box called 'Christmas in July'. I know that July is a while away. I was involved in a previous swap where we did a Christmas in July swap, had a two month notice, and it turned out great. With the economy being down I know that many of us don't have a lot of free money floating around. Giving everyone a two month heads-up on buying gives plenty of time to spend here-and-there, think of ideas, brain storm, and save on sales. No money limit on this one. Create and give as you are blessed; receive with gratefulness.

I should have it up and going tonight on the swap list.
Sound good to everyone?

Andrea
Go to Top of Page

chickenmom
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Toni
Tucumcari NM
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  7:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see chickenmom's MSN Messenger address

Introduce yourself!
How long have you been stitching? Since I was a kid.
What is your favorite pattern genre? no particular fav.
How many unfinished projects? Way too many!
What are you currently working on? Nothing cross stitch, quilting at the moment.
What was your favorite piece ever? Pillow I made for a friend.
Is there anyway we can help you? Already have!

I may be interested in the swap, can you explain how it would work?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  4:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for asking Toni! I'm ironing out the kinks before I post it, and will post on the Swaps Forum. Everyone who wants to swap will submit their name on the forum. I'll probably post some general cross stitching questions to answer. I'll then match everyone up to their best partner and post the matches. Then by mid-July you'll send your partner a Swap Box full of cross stitch items. No money limit on this one. Create and give as you are blessed; receive with gratefulness. Our daughter is having surgery tomorrow morning, so I'll post it this week. Promise.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  07:11:00 AM  Show Profile
Andrea, Keeping your family in my prayers- I hope surgery goes well.
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  10:54:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks! Surgery went well. Tonsils and adnoids. She's sleeping right now, along with everyone else, so mom has a quiet house!
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 02 2011 :  1:09:14 PM  Show Profile
That's great news, surgery is always a little scary- more so for moms!! Glad to hear that's she sleeping and getting some rest!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  07:59:46 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am up for Christmas in July. Count me in!!

I have my eye on a cute pattern for an ornie. Now I can do it. LOL

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  12:50:40 PM  Show Profile
i look forward to being involved in the swap, too. I appreciate the extra time. Thank you for all your careful planning, Andrea! Count me in. Marianne
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  8:03:23 PM  Show Profile
Marianne,
if ya need any more x-stitch kits, ya know where I live! lol!
p.s. I am back,,,lets do tea & gossip!
hugz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 12 2011 :  06:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Hello Girls!
I'm so sorry I haven't attended to the swap. Our daughter had her tonsils out a week ago and then she developed strep throat post-op. She was regularly spiking fevers up to 104.8. It's not been a good week. She's on the mend now and doing so much better, so I'll have that up and going.

In the meantime, here's a website to check out:
www.EverythingCrossStitch.com
Have FUN!
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  9:34:35 PM  Show Profile

Introduce yourself!
How long have you been stitching?my Girl Scout leader taught me as a Brownie so 30 years ago.
What is your favorite pattern genre?I love it all
How many unfinished projects?too many
What are you currently working on?a country sampler
What was your favorite piece ever? the American eagle with the pledge in it's wings
Is there anyway we can help you? thanks for this thread would love to do the swap

I find some of my patterns online for free. DMC.com has some.

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

www.youravon.com/rodonnacarson
Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  1:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi, It's nice to hear about others that don't quite finish a sewing project. LOL I have been working on a needlpoint pillow top for about 2 years now. I really love it, it's almost finished but my other projects seem to get in the way. Someday...........

Life is not a dress rehearsel.
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  8:38:35 PM  Show Profile
I just found this site. I love to cross stitch as much as I like quilting. I started my first piece when I was going to school in Wales back when I was six or seven. After coming to the US I didn't pick it up again for many years. I did some as a teen and then let it go and then picked it up again when I was married and my children weren't so little anymore. Since I'm 71 I've been cross stitching a long time. My favorite piece is an Americana sampler that I started in 1975 but it got damaged before I finished it but about 5 years ago I came across the pattern and decided to make it again. It is proudly framed in my living room. At present I am making a wedding sampler for my granddaughter who is getting married in October. I've made many of the wedding samplers and ring pillows for children and grandchildren.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  11:00:51 AM  Show Profile
I have been working on a sampler in the memory of my husband. It was located in an older edition of Just Crossstitch magazine and is almost falling apart (the pattern). It calls for size 18 aida but I am using size 14 so it is larger than expected but that is ok. I am thinking of making it a small wallhanging when it is finished.
It is the sampler that ends, _mourn not that I am gone but rejoice that I was_ and that is how I try to remember my love of 31 years.
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  7:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Introduce yourself! Hi I'm Julie. I'm a crosstitch-a-holic.
How long have you been stitching? Since thread was invented.
What is your favorite pattern genre? Hands down Lavender & Lace
How many unfinished projects? 3 started projects and probably 7 unopened patterns. (They had a clearance sale of Lavender&Lace at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. They were $2 each!!!!)
What are you currently working on? Angel of Hope http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=3815
What was your favorite piece ever? Angel of Autumn. She was my first "big girl" piece. http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=7885
Is there anyway we can help you? I can pass on a tip that I have used for years to help me with counted crosstitch. Since I never have plans of saving the pattern, I use a highlighter, any color will do, and highlight the stitches on the pattern I've completed as I go.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  08:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Janiee, that is beautiful. What a wonderful memorial.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Calling All Cross -xx-Stitchers! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page