Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Calling All Cross -xx-Stitchers!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Calling All Cross -xx-Stitchers! Next Topic
Page: of 3

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  07:23:49 AM  Show Profile
Thank You Mrs Rooster for the link! I'm going to go nuts on this site and spend hours here. She even gives samples free.

http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  08:45:07 AM  Show Profile
Andrea- I will be checking my mailbox with excitement..I haven't done that for a very long time..normally I dread going to the mailbox. You have no idea how excited I am. Thank you again dear friend!!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  2:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey there! Sign me up as another Cross-stitcher. I started just over 20 years ago and my favorite piece I did for myself is a Mary Engelbreit "no longer an option" piece. It really summed up our life of moving every few years with my husband's career. It has hung in a LOT of houses throughout our lives! I have one unfinished project , a Donna Morgan piece with a the phrase "I hear your footsteps and know you are home ..." Another one that has meaning in my life, so that must be my favorite type of piece.

Love hearing of all your projects and it is so great that already we have such a huge success to claim as a group (finding the long lost Silent Night pattern). What fun we will have!!!!

I live near Claudia, but south and west of Spokane.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  6:36:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I also love to cross-stitch. I've been cross-stitching for 20 years, since I was 10. I wanted to learn a hand craft, and I tried crocheting first. I didn't have the patience! :-) I'd like to give that a try again now. I love country kitsch outdoor scenes, especially with a four seasons theme, and traditional samplers. My favorite pieces have been the ones I've made for family. The favorite I made for myself is a 2.5'x2.5' sampler stitched on linen with blue thread. I've inherited several unfinished projects from friends and my mother-in-law, but I currently only have 1 unfinished project of my own. I've spent the last year stitching Christmas stockings for my husband and step-sons. Now, I finally get to make my own! I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. I'm so excited to find so many other folks who like cross-stitch! I haven't found many in person.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  7:35:26 PM  Show Profile
So Marianne,,,,
we need to gather up an un-finished x-stitch project, some java and meet at your home or mine,,,& give a yell out to Claudia to come join us. Maybe then I will get one of them finished! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:37:50 AM  Show Profile
Amen!
marianne
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  12:59:07 PM  Show Profile
does anyone know of any x stitch books I can search for with samplers..I was hoping to find something at the library...thanks
Lori
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  2:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Introduce yourself! I'm Heather, just moved to Kansas from NYC. A SAHM and on my fourth pregnancy!

How long have you been stitching? 24 years. Funny thing is I was 12 years old, had had a back surgery and was in a body cast for a year, with a raging staph infection cause of the lack of circulation in the cast. That lasted the whole year. When I was returned to public school and in a body brace, a girl pushed me down the stairs and broke the rods in my back and the surgeon told me I would have to have a second surgery. It spun me into a depression I couldn't deal with. I just couldn't deal with being in a body cast for another year! Any way, long story short I was put into a mental health ward at a local hospital and was the only child in there. A nurse who felt sorry for me, brought me a pattern and all the supplies to cross stitch. It was of ducks. (popular in the 80's!) She then taught me to cross stitch. It was good therapy for me, and I've been doing it ever since!

What is your favorite pattern genre? I used to do small little finger tip towels and fast things most. Then I went on vacation one year to Precious Moments in Carthage Mo, and they had books of their patterns (also sold at Michael's and such too) and I instantly fell in love. They have been my favorite ever since. I prefer counted to stamped. But, with small children, I've been doing more stamped embroidery with a little xstitch more then anything else.

How many unfinished projects? 3 currently. 2 towels, and a counted xstitch precious moments pattern of a little farmer boy on a tractor with chickens all around.

What are you currently working on? Hmm...nothing at this very moment with exception of my three unfinished projects.

What was your favorite piece ever? I don't think I have a favorite. I like all of them a lot! However, one year when we went to Silver Dollar City back when they had Ye Olde Stitching Post store they had little quilt kits. I had a hobby miniature doll house hobby as well. And the quilts were just right for throw rugs (the fabric the kit came with was too stiff to make it work as a real quilt in the doll house) in my doll house. So I made a whole lot of them. They were quick and easy to throw together and have done, and I had them for ever room of my doll house and some extras to hang out on the "line" for the doll house! lol haha I made a ton of those babies. I could whip them up so fast. lol They really impressed my grandmothers and family too. So maybe they were my favorites. However, I always made the precious moments patterns, and towels and the like as actual gifts to my friends and family.

Is there anyway we can help you? not at the moment, I'll hollar when I do though!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Mar 23 2011 3:02:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  4:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey heather,

We have a lot in common besides our love of cross-stitch. I emailed you directly.

My mother was a huge Precious Moments fan. I can't see those tear-shaped eyes without thinking of her!

It is nice to meet you.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  08:30:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!
I'm so sorry that I have negligent in maintaining this thread. I'm knee deep in our church's Easter presentation along with two DD in soccer, three homeschooling (one being a high schooler), and life in general!
I've had an idea to do a swap with MJF's cross stitchers.
Question: What do you believe would be the best thing to swap? Threads? A Yard of Cloth? (cloth different and unusual), a Pattern? a Cross Stitchers Grab Box?? I'm open for ideas!
We'll need at least 5 or more ladies to do a good swap. Once settled upon what we're swapping I'll open another thread in the Swaps Forum.
What say ye ladies??
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  08:32:38 AM  Show Profile
Please share!
Post a pic when you finish your lastest project.....
or post a pic of the latest project you've finished!
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  08:56:10 AM  Show Profile
I would love to do a xstitch swap grab box...it would be so much fun. Count me in!!!

Lori/Crafter
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  10:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Count me in!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  11:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Andrea,
Thank you so much!!!! I got the package today and I CAN NOT believe that I have in my home the pattern for the Silent Night Church. I'm sending you hugs and kisses thru the computer!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  11:28:43 AM  Show Profile
You're welcome so much Lori! I'm just glad that I could be of some help! I hope the bridge matches well. You'll definitely have to post a picture when it's done.
Happy Cross Stitching!
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  12:09:29 PM  Show Profile
as much as I shouldn't start it tonight and work on one of my other projects that I have already started....I have waited for so long and it's going to be started tonight...to heck with the laundry I have to do..it's stitchin' time!! :o)
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  11:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Introduce yourself!
How long have you been stitching? Since I was in 6th grade
What is your favorite pattern genre? Samplers
How many unfinished projects? Not enough room for the number. LOL
What are you currently working on? Quaker Christmas ornies
What was your favorite piece ever? Quaker sampler that I made my Mom
Is there anyway we can help you? Come over and cook, clean, and homeschool for me so I can stitch more. LOL

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  07:28:36 AM  Show Profile
how many people are signed up for the swap??
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  07:58:44 AM  Show Profile
Well, so far I've received only one feed back for the swap [Mrs Rooster]. I'm thinking doing a 'Grab Box' [Grab Bag] would be the best thing to do. If I started a thread on the Swaps & Barter forum we might have a number sign up. What's everyone else thinking?
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  12:05:01 PM  Show Profile
sounds great, I would love to do a grab box or swap...count me in!

thanks-
Lori
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  1:03:21 PM  Show Profile
I love the stamped cross stitch. I have tried the counted cross stitch but haven't had much luck with that. Although I prefer some of the patterns in the counted cross stitch more sometimes that the stamped cross stitch. I have a lot of projects which I have not started, mainly due to being I learned to do hand piecing/quilting. I have been preoccupied with that more.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  07:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I just got a bunch of new patterns.

I love http://www.123stitch.com

I am going to be starting a 1860's sampler. Plus I got some Quaker style patterns and Prarie Schooler Santa's from 1999-2003. I want to get the rest and do them yearly.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  09:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Amy,
Thank you for sharing that site, I've spent the morning checking all the different patterns so many patterns so little time!! Thank you for sharing!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  10:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am an evil enabler!!

I am banned from my hubby from this site for at least a month. LOL

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  11:13:14 AM  Show Profile
let me know if you need anything- we can do a covert-op! I can get you what you want and need....us x-stitchers need to stick together.....hehehe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Calling All Cross -xx-Stitchers! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page