Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What are your favorite websites?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are your favorite websites? Next Topic  

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  10:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,

Besides this one, what other websites are your favorites. I found this one by a stroke of luck. Would love some new finds.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  07:06:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
Hi Laura,

To be honest with you, if you sign up for the forums that you are interested in you will soon be overrun with web sites to check out. The farmgrils are more then willing to share the web sites that they find and I have a great time checking as many of them out as I can. And then follow the links on those web sites to other sites. My main interests are in crafts so I read the stitching room forum and I can't tell you how many great web sites I now have book marked.

As for me my favorite search engine is dogpile.com. I know not a pleasant name but I'm in dogs so it doesn't bother me and it never fails me. I also go to shockwave.com every day because I play their daily jigsaw puzzle every day. I love webster.com if I come across a word I can't spell or don't know what it means. I also love the fact that you can also hear the word pronounced.

So just keep reading the forums you are interested in and before you know it you will have tons of web sites, and if you go to the reading room, tons of books to buy.

And welcome aboard. You will love it here. There are so many smart and caring women here that it will at times overwhelm you.

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  07:20:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the great advice and the websites to check out. I am so new to this kinda thing. I have used the computer for work, email and checked a few websites along the way. Done online shopping and checked out the websites for the catalogues I get. This is the first time I have really gotten a chance to play around on the internet. I know it may seem crazy, but I have just been so busy in the past. I didn;t know what a blog was until I found this site. Still have not broken all of the codes for the smiles, winks etc.
I have learned a lot by watchingBut is seems I still have a lot to learn. Still feel like I'm missing a lot. I thought maybe there are other great sites like this one out there I have missed.
I have checked out the forums, I know have 16 cookbooks for the library?
Thanks for the great advice,
Laua

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  07:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
I have to admit that I am an internet geek. I've tried to eliminate paper from my life. If it's in my computer, I can find it, if it's paper who knows where it is. If you are interested in recipes you should try foodnetwork.com and marthastewart.com Martha not only has lots of recipes but she also has videos showing you new techniques. And if you're looking for something in particular, just pull up a search engine and put in what you are looking for. I searched on crockpot recipes and I found tons of them. And evey web site that you find will have links to other web sites.

Have fun searching.

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  09:29:22 AM  Show Profile
This site is my #1 favorite, without a doubt, but to find others, I started a "tickler file" of websites, and every time someone posts a link that sounds remotely interesting I put it there. Then when I have time I go back and look at them, deleting what doesn't interest me. Just from the links that ladies here have, I've found some fantastic sites. Go to farmgirl blogs and look at the links they have listed there -- that's how I found most of my favorites.
I hope that helps. Have fun!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  4:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Besure to check out everyones blogs here too, such a fun way to see how other farmgirls are living the life!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  5:26:53 PM  Show Profile
I love everything "cottage" also so I have a few of those sites plus alot of sites about tea. It's great finding things online that interest you.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  09:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
My favorite sites:

eBay: right now I'm using eBay to collect "American Home Magazine" during the years my grandmother was Equipment Editor. I also use it to purchase cookbooks.

Rabbit sites - all things rabbit in my life

www.arba.net

www.nmrrc.com

www.texasrba.com

www.ittybittybunnies.com (a dear and loving rabbit friend of ours)

Santa Gertrudis

www.king-ranch.com (the founders of the breed, superior quarter horses)

www.fiveoaksranch.net (Mr and Mrs. Barrett raise certified Natural Santa Gertrudis).

www.wendtranch.com (breeder of our first Santa Gertrudis and Mr. Wendt is wonderful to learn from)

www.tinneyfarms.com (I just love their senior herd bull Hatchet)

Brahman Cattle and Warmblood Horses

www.horsegateranch.com

Just a few of the animal sites I love!

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  10:33:40 AM  Show Profile
www.FlyLady.net

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
www.simpleliving.net

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  6:04:52 PM  Show Profile
anything PRIMITIVE .. be it homes .. decorating .. antiques .. ways of cookin' .. crafting .. if you love PRIMITIVE too .. e-mail me and i can send you to some fun sites!

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are your favorite websites? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page