Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  4:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Wanted to say a warm farmgirl welcome and "howdy" to all the new farmgirls/and guys that have joined in recently. Welcome aboard.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  5:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Hello, I am a city girl I guess. I long to live in the country in a white farmhouse with my mom close by and children running about...healthy and happy and red-faced. I want chickens and sheep and a dog and some cows. I don't know why, I have never been an animal person. I want to bake pies and cookies for everyone in the neighborhood....I long for the simlicity of the country. (and a simple kind farm man too!) I long for genuine, authentic, lively people who are connected to spirit and are all about love and warmth.
I am 37 and I guess there is still time. I am planning on moving to Virginia (from northern CA) to stay with my mom for a while to try to figure out where to go next. I have to get out of the race. The race against time....the race for I don't even know what. Everyone is in a hurry. I want to slow down.
I love this website. Just wanted to say hi and start to connect with ya'll.
Thanks, Cindy
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  8:42:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Cindy. I am a farmgirl wannabe, and fairly new to this site. I live in a small city in KY, in town unfortunately, but with plenty of country around to admire. Welcome. Melissa
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  08:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Cindy,
Welcome and I am glad you joined! And though I have always been an animal person with many pets...I still understand how you feel to a T! And of course it isn't too late!! You work hard toward it and never let the dream go and you will see...one day you will be in that white farm house! I am 34 and will not be able to even have a chance to live my dream for another 1-3 years, and believe me I am not giving up!! You hang in there and welcome!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  11:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls. I have not been on this site lately. I am going through alot and trying to get it together to move out of town....at the end of July!!!!! I'm driving down to southern California to see my brother then to Tucson then to Oklahoma to drop my son off (he lives there) then I'll go through Arkansas and over to Atlanta to visit my cousin then up to my mom's abode near Richmond, Virginia!!!!
I look forward to making friends here. Having my farmhouse seems so far away and sometimes not even possible. I read how everyone just keeps talking about it and doing little things and encouraging each other and it makes me feel good to be part of this. Nice ladies. Thanks again. Talk soon!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  04:02:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Cindy,
I got your email and looking forward to meeting you! I too long for a country home. I had the chance for one 5 years ago, but wasn't really ready in my heart at that time. But now I am and it looks like it is part of our fiver year plan. I will work and save and look! You and your Mom will have to come over for tea or coffee when you get here. We can bake some cookies and I'll take you out to a sheep farm where they raise sheep for the wool and spin it into yarn and sell it in their own little shop! I haven't been there yet, but have been looking for someone to go with me! And your biological clock may be ticking, but it has a long, long wind left in it! You are only 37, I had my last child at 41 and could have had another up until two years ago at 46.
Welcome to Mary Janes Farm. I think you will love it here.
Georgann
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  06:55:56 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,
Sounds like you know what you want, so go for it. There are a lot of people out there that have no idea what will make them happy, I think once you know what that is you can work to that goal. Good luck and keep us updated. When are you going to your Mom's, will you actually be moving your things or just for a stay?
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  07:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Glad to have you here Cindy I hope you will sit a spell and just enjoy the wind in the trees as you figure out where to go. I love doing that with my grandmother on her porch in california she calls it watching the grass grow or enjoying her meadow. It is nice every now and again to slow down and see what God has given us.

I hope you have a safe trip maybe stop and see a few farmgirls on the way and take it easy

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

Edited by - sunshine on Jul 04 2006 07:13:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  07:59:10 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Cindy! You are not the only urban farmgirl here! Good luck with your move. I hope that you can find just what you are looking for in Virginia!! Be safe in your travels.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  11:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
THANKS ALL!!! The support means alot to me. It's so funny how we get support from people we don't know on a COM-puter these days.
I think one of the main points of this site and of farmgirl being is the simplicity of farm life. Country folk, and country ways. I would love to sit and watch the grass grow except I live in an upstairs apartment and there is no grass. There is ivy that the landlord has not trimmed and I have watched it grow -believe me. And silence there is not. Or peace. There is a mocking bird inhabiting a tree nearby there is the sound of drunk fights at the local pub, the sound of the medi-helicopter landing at the trauma center 5 blocks away and constant noise. And now it's time to leave. I have been in Sonoma County for 30 years. I grew up in an apple orchard for about 6 years. Then lived in Santa Rosa for the rest. I need to find my way...a different way than where I am. I think that I am going to try nursing school and I am so scared. But I need to find a way to support myself WELL. Well enough to buy my farmhouse in the middle of whereever it's quiet and soft and full of weather and love. A place where anyone can come and feel loved and welcome. Where people can eat and tell stories and laugh.
I am not going to take all my things. Frankly I want to get rid of everything I own expect my jeans and shoes and some books and just start over but I am so bad at making final decisions so I will probably store some things here until I decide where to settle down for school.
I just want to go set on my mom's screened porch and drink my coffee as I wake up to a day filled with talking to my mom and sweeping the floor and pulling weeds. Then at night I want to just listen to the night and try to hear what it's telling me. Life is so GO GO GO for most of us that is how we have to be to survive. And it doesn't feel right. On a farm it feels right (well from what I can read of farms) because what you are rushing around doing is meaningful. It's true survival not superficial. This life I live feels superficial. I don't feel close to my soul's needs, my spirit is not being heard.
Georgann I would love to come for coffee and make cookies and see the sheep farm - it's a date! I know my mom would too.
Does anyone know of Waldorf Schools? That is where I went to school so I did some carding and spinning and weaving and knitting growing up.
I would love to meet any farmgirls on the way if anyone is interested!! I am taking I-40 from Flagstff to OK City then up the WILL ROGERS TURNPIKE to Vinita where my son lives. Then back down to 40 through beautiful Arkansas to Memphis and then I will hit HWY 78 to Birmingham and 20 into Atlanta. Then most likely 85 north up to Virginia.
My son is 12 and he is mortified that we have to DRIVE!!! "Why can't I FLY?" Because it's good for you! HAHAA! My dad is a long haul trucker so I had to do it every summer when I was a kid.
God bless all of YOU lovely ladies. I will be talking to you soon.
July is going to pass quick. And soon I will be heading in the direction towards making my life what I want it to be - and hopefully that is God's will also. I do feel blessed and grateful that I do have the chance/choice to make a change.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  11:54:35 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful adventure you will have Cindy!! As you go south through Calif you will have to yell out hello to my grown boys..two live in Arroyo Grande and one in Santa Barbara. I miss them alot.
I wish you were coming by here..you would be more than welcome to stop and visit!! The route you are taking sounds beautiful though!!
I am glad you found us and I look forward to hearing about your adventure. I have never lived in a big city and love the "slow" life..so I can sure see why you want that. Your mom's porch sounds wonderful too!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  02:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Come on Cindy girl....Virginia is waiting for you! When you get here, take a deep long breath and smell the Sweet Virginia Breezes. It is unlike anything in this world. The smell of honeysuckle and tulip poplars, magnolias and sunshine....mmmmm I think you might just find what you are looking for here, with your mother at your side. Lots of great nursing schools close by too.

Coffee, tea and cookies....it's a date! Sheep farm here we come too! Travel safe. Stop in public libraries along the way and say howdy and let us know that you are safe. Georgann
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Welcome all Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page