Page: of 2

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  10:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Cat...LOL what a cute story! I totally understand how your dad felt!! I am glad he got it all going though! My husband loves the cucumbers here, he says they are so much bettter then the ones you get in the states. Maybe I will try my hand at those too.So many people grow little gardens here and it is really neat to see them. I have never been in one because all my friends that are native here do not have a garden but I admire them from afar. The kids and I have been watching the rice paddies as they went from mud puddles to young disorganized to organized plants and now it is harvest time and it is so neat to see the bunches of rice hanging to dry all over the place. It is the first time I have seen rice grow in person and we have enjoyed it! I like where we live now out more in the country side. It allows us to see (and often smell! lol) the farms and gardens here and I love it! Now if I could just be able to try my hand at it ...I would be happy!!
I hope your dad's garden comes along splendidly!
Til Next Time...

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  07:42:48 AM  Show Profile
Whatz up Buttercup?
Love your posting name~~
Glad you found us from sooo far away~Looking forward to your postings~!
Welcome~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  07:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Thank you so much Jan! I am thrilled to have found this place and am already learning so much and have enjoyed the kindness of so many here. I look forward to getting to know you all better. Thank you again for the kind welcome and see you around...

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  12:10:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Buttercup - Have you thought about growing and collecting seeds for some of the native Japanese veggies that you won't be able to find when you go back to the states?
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  7:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Erin,
No I haven't because of two things; first, I can not read konji so I would not know what I had nor how to care for it and second, I can not bring those seeds back with me so I would go through A LOT of trouble to learn how to grow and care for something that I could never grow or have again. I am wanting to practice here so I have more expirence for my big garden in the States. I am hoping to grow carrots and tomatos and strawberries etc Things I know I will grow back home. If you know of a way that I can bring seeds home or get them back in the States then I would love to do that because there are things I am sure we would enjoy having in our garden Stateside if we could. Let me know!!
And thank you so much for your interest!!
Hugz!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello fr Okinawa Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page