Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  3:11:39 PM  Show Profile

I am gearing up to make a major change in my life. I am happy about it but a little nervous too.

While I am no stranger to big life changes
(having undergone much bigger shifts in lifestyle and work than what I'm contemplating now)
I would find it helpful to hear from any of you who have listened to your own heart and followed your bliss--however you define that.

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  5:20:12 PM  Show Profile
I am the happiest when I have followed my bliss.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

dprovence
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Debbie
Little Rock AR
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  5:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Stepping out of our comfort zone can be scary! In 5 years from now I would rather look back and say WOW I DID IT instead of saying I wish I would have tried it. Even if your plans don't turn out as expected, at least you can be PROUD that you gave it your best shot.

I wish you luck and love in whatever you choose to do from one Sister to another.

Debbie
Farmgirl Sister #2636
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  8:18:40 PM  Show Profile
I think it's always wonderful when you come to the place in your life where you make the decision to follow and trust what's in your heart. I've always been one to do that, and I'm a happy girl. My happiness is not defined by others' expectations for me, you know what I mean? It's never satisfying when I try to please everybody else or because it will supposedly "assure" me security. There are, after all, no guarantees in life. Sure, I've made some mistakes; but, in the long run, they were worth making because of the lessons I've learned, of where those lessons have brought me, and how I've been able to use those lessons to help others. I truly believe God plants His seeds in our hearts and minds to leads us down whatever special path He has planned for us. And in my experience, His promptings never leave me empty-handed or return void. Whenever I'm unsure of which direction to follow, I simply pray, wait and follow the Lord's leading. And truthfully, whenever I have followed that strong urge in my heart to take a chance, good things have come. Maybe it wasn't how or what I expected, but it was always something special. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? ;)

I truly wish you all the best and will say a prayer that everything works together for your bliss, Karen! Keep us posted! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  9:06:40 PM  Show Profile
You know, I hadn't really thought of it as following my bliss, what a lovely way to think of it! What ever your dream, I hope that you follow it, as Nini says, nothing ventured, nothing gained Do keep us posted!

I am considering doing something that I am quite passionate about...I want to start a native plant nursery. I love the native plants of the western states! I have no real idea how to start a business or run one, but I'm doing some reading and lots of web searches and readying myself to start planning and saving for my dream business!

I have often thought of starting a B&B when I get older, but my cooking is not always spot on
so , I have changed my dream to plants.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Sue
Woodbine Maryland
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  03:06:19 AM  Show Profile
How wonderful and inspiring to hear of how everyone is working towards their dreams, both large and small!! Joining the sisterhood was another step in my own personal journey - I just wrote about it on my blog last night as a matter of fact!

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

www.mymotherspearls.me
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  06:33:33 AM  Show Profile
This has been fun to read. I completely agree with you Nini, and have been seeing lately just how "God plants His seeds in our hearts and minds to leads us down whatever special path He has planned for us". The older I get, the more I see the evidence of that!

Karen - step by step, follow your bliss. Being authentically you - who you were created to be - is such a fun journey that only you can take.

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
(site, blog & shop)
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  07:52:21 AM  Show Profile
Just came across this on etsy - Quit your day job - somethings hiding in here. Thought you might enjoy...
http://www.etsy.com/storque/spotlight/quit-your-day-job-somethings-hiding-in-here-12352/?ref=fp_blog_title

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
(site, blog & shop)
Go to Top of Page

Sunflower64
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Janie
Canton Ohio
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  10:22:32 AM  Show Profile
Fun reading! I too am working on a project to follow my heart instead of being driven by my bank accounty balances. I'm actually working on the business plan now, and take breaks coming to this website : ) Thanks for sharing everyone...

"The country way of life is the closest thing to heaven"
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  2:15:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for your encouragement and inspiration!

HUGS!

Karen

PS I'll update you on my new plans as soon as I can.

Farmgirl Sister # 2419
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Do you follow your bliss? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page