Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Gifts received from the secret sister rund #9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from the secret sister rund #9 Next Topic
Page: of 9

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  1:43:56 PM  Show Profile
Today was a beautiful day!! It was not the weather outside that looks like rain any minute with big dark clouds. Oh no! It was the beautful package that my Secret Farmgirl Sister sent me that really was a package of sunshine at my door!
My Secret Farmgirl Sister sent me everything that I love.... from a book of Sudoku puzzles to great magazines to a great inspirational card to just making me feel so special and happy! She picked the perfect magazines for me! Really! Just what I like! She included a book to read too and yes, I do love to read. My Secret Farmgirl Sister is very kind and very smart too!
The gloomy, cold and about-to-rain day doesn't seem nearly as cold and dark and gloomy anymore. Thank you my Secret Farmgirl Sister! You made my day sunny!

"Find your own Calcutta!" Mother Teresa

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  1:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Dear SS, I hope this finds you well ? :)I am well as you inquired in your lovely card, OH! how I LOVE it. The little girl reminds me of Anne of Greene Gables :)one of my favorite stories :) I was having a really bad day & to have such a wonderful Blessing come my way. The hankie is just the most charming little creation & you hand stitched it ! I use hankies in my purse & the red & white gingham is so pretty & to take time out of your day to hand stitch it for me , I could just cry , I am truly humbled . The little diddy, made me smile :) I feel sooo very lucky to have a Secret Sister as wonderful as you. Remember the postcard you sent, I told you I did a little Maddie magic on it,well I used red & white gingham ribbon :)We are kindred spirits. Thank You so very much :) " Our deeds are like stones cast in the pool of time; they themselves may disappear, but their ripples extend into eternity.

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Lil Lady
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Renee
Waynesburg Ohio
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  4:55:07 PM  Show Profile
I received two very sweet little gifts - one to nurture me and one to show off my grandkids! Thanks a million Sis!

Lil Lady

Blessings to all!
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  2:08:52 PM  Show Profile
I am very glad for the ADDRESS BOOK that my special Secret Farmgirl Sister included in that super splendid package that I got yesterday. It is perfect for adding the names and addresses of my Farmgirl Sisters. I am always losing addresses. I was really needing an address book!

Wishing my Secret Farmgirl Sister a happy weekend! I hope you are having fun with your NEW craft project!

"Find your own Calcutta!" Mother Teresa

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  11:36:50 PM  Show Profile

I am so embarrassed...I thought I had posted a Thank You and this picture of my lovely
Valentine's Gifts from My Secret Sister...but I guess I just took the pictures and forgot
to post. I am sooooooo sorry, please forgive me! I absolutely loved everything and felt
so blessed to get such a delightful package!!! Come to think of it...I might have posted
my Thank You on the Sign Up Thread! I hope so...I am not usually so slooooooooow to show
my heart-felt appreciation.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  09:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls,
Went to the post office this morning and had a beautiful hand drawn envelope and letter from my SS. The art work was absolutely gorgeous on the envelope and the card. You are quite talented!!! Thank you so much.
Hugs
Terri

http://www.etsy.com/shop/terriholland00
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  10:08:54 AM  Show Profile
I received the cutest up-cycled envelopes made from wallpaper from my SS! Thank you so much, they are very useful.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  10:22:43 AM  Show Profile
My Secret Sister Rocks I recieved another package today Thank you so much I love all of it!!!

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  4:03:55 PM  Show Profile
I received a large box from my SS today-thank you! She sent fizzy socks-in lime green-my favorite color, 2 kinds of tea, a beautifully packaged bag of chocolate, a pattern with 5 different aprons and fabrics. A really cute fabric with birds, houses, hearts and flowers on a green background and a purple and a yellow pieces of fabric. A Debbie Mum angels calendar-very cute-and a magnetic list pad to put on the fridge. I use those pads for lists of all kinds and always need to have one handy. Thank you very much,I will enjoy it all-I have the socks on already!

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  5:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Well another lovely artistically decorated package came again today....You are SPOILING me rotten SS! Today's package held a postcard telling me about the ingredients of the package. Some yummy homemade cocoa, with all the instructions on how to make it. She says it is a European style, really makes me want to try it out tonight!

Thank you so much!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/terriholland00
Go to Top of Page

Thymes a waistin
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Susan
ladysmith B.C.
Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  11:48:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sister for the postcard.Hope to hear more about you next time.

Never outsmart your common sense
Go to Top of Page

Farm Hen
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Shannon
Salmon Idaho
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  07:27:22 AM  Show Profile
My mailbox has been so exciting! I received a Valentine w/handmade card, Heart Cookie Cutter & Tea,Cocoa & Cider. Then a day later I received a package with bright green daisy dish towels with seed packages of daisies. Happy Happy Happy! And as I have neglected to post I have already received Pkg#3 A verse book about friendship and a YELLOW Daisy Key Chain. Who ever you are Thank so much I am enjoying your gifts.
I hope you are blessed with a secret sister treating you so nicely.

www.farmhen.blogspot.com
Farmhen- Shannon
Go to Top of Page

PawPawGirl
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  08:04:17 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,
The last 3 weeks of February, I have been under the weather. At last I feel like I have kicked this and March is here long last. As I am writing, I am enjoying a cup of rich wonderful cocoa that you sent along with other goodies. Thank you so very much for your kindness and warm wishes. XO Recently, I have been offered a greenhouse that has been unattended for 2 years and an acre of land to grow on...so, the last 2 days have been clearing and cleaning out with great gratitude and joy. I am going to grow organic, of course :). And am in the process of finding the best Strawberries to grow, any suggestions? Blessings and great joy to you...may you always have peace as your companion.

Embrace simplicity~Celebrate comfort~Seek connectedness
Go to Top of Page

janicepearson
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Janice
Huntsville Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  11:53:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks secret sister for the doily, I love it.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  12:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Wow, wowee, wow! My dear secret sister seems to know me better than my own sister! I have received a huge box with the following: The most beautiful teapot from England with a floral design, wonderfully scented tealights, 4 cotton, spring dishtowels, a box of Earl Grey tea (which I am taking with me in a few days for our 4 day trip to Gettysburg for the hotel), I am into doll making so she sent the cutest Possum pin cushion pattern, also a pattern for a sitting angel, a a great book on how to make different types of doll hair, a miniature book on tea and some flower seeds! (hope I remembered everything) but you get the idea, my secret sis is the best! Thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  05:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
I received a package from my Secret Sister and how thrilling was it to open???? Inside there were so many goodies ~ an adorable set of stacking boxes with red hearts and Chocolate!!!, a lovely note card in the shape of a shoe (and I do love shoes!!) a cute as pie (can I say really really cute) little cotton dress with Sisters embrodieried on it (Did I mention it was so cute and comes on it's own hanger?), the largest roll of "Smarties" candy I have every seen and some lovely tea! Whew Just typing this out makes me smile. Thank you, Thank you dear Secret Sister ~ You really made my week.

Debi

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Finke
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Sharon
Fink Tx.
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:39:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for thinking of me on your vacation, Secret Sister! The package smelled wonderful as I was opening it!The goat soap and wash net are so appreciated. Thank you for the thought alone of remembering me on your vacation! Wow!You are the bomb!
~Sharon/1954 model
farmgirl#2713
Go to Top of Page

horselover
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

marie
monroe ga
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  08:00:38 AM  Show Profile
What is a secret sister is that like a secret pal, also sister rund??

Bridlewood Farm
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  08:05:10 AM  Show Profile
Marie - the rund is a misspelling, it should be round. The secret sisters are ladies that sign up and are randomly matched up to send out gifts for a 2 month period. To read more about it, look under Farmgirl swap then look on about page 3 to sign ups for secret sisters round #9! Hope this helps! Round #10 sign ups will be around May 1 of this year!
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh! I got a package in mail......Thank you so much my secret sister for the wonderful book "Keeping Chickens" and tea. Tonight I will sip on my tea and relax reading the book. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  10:37:42 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure whether this beautiful card that arrived today came from my Secret Sister in this swap or from my Secret Santa in the other swap... It said it was from my "Secret Sister," but the return address was mine as recommended in the "Secret Santa" Swap... So, please forgive me - I just don't know which swap to post in! LOL!! I really love the herb seeds you sent - thank you SO much! I've been planning my garden for the past couple of weeks and the dill, basil AND cilantro were all on my list! Thank you SO much! It was like a breath of spring opening your card! Now I can't wait to get digging! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Thymes a waistin
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Susan
ladysmith B.C.
Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  11:31:50 AM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sister for the cutest decal of the aproned lady...so very cute.Also the organic Earl grey tea looks so good.Once I get my chores done today I wll be sitting down with a nice warm mug of that by the fire.I also adore the card....
Thanks so much for thinking of me.

Never outsmart your common sense
Go to Top of Page

cntybuff
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Beth
Colusa California
79 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  11:45:46 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,
I just received your package today and was so very excited! Thank you so much I luv it all, and there was soooo much to luv. Did you do the heart cloth/pad yourself?? The scrubby is sooooo cute! It made me smile and everyone at work was asking where it came from. As for the kinds of things I like....just about everything...I try all kinds of crafts, garden, luv all colors, read a lot and play with my four dogs. Thanks again I will be smiling all day!
Hugs,
Beth
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  4:51:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SS for my Mary Engelbreit Card and the Green Onion seeds, I love Mary Engelbreit. To answer your questions: I do enjoy gardening but have not done any since we moved to the mountains, we live 9000 feet up and deer and other critters roam our property and eat everything in their path. So, I hang 2 Topsy Turvy Pots of tomatoes from my deck roof then the critters do not reach them, we have such a short growing season too so it just is not worth it.
I knit and crochet, knitting is my passion, I knit prayer/friendship shawls and baby blankets. I also love to cross stitch and I love to read. Guess that is it for now.

Farm girl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  06:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so very much Secret Sister. I am still smiling this morning after receiving you package yesterday. I love the embellished rubber gloves they will make cleaning so much fun. Thank you also for the tea, magnet, scrubber, napkins and crocheted pieces. How ever do you have time to do it all? Thank you, Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from the secret sister rund #9 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page