Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Gifts received from the secret sister rund #9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from the secret sister rund #9 Next Topic
Page: of 9

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  1:37:00 PM  Show Profile
Yep, this is the place, post your letters or gifts here!

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  2:14:11 PM  Show Profile
Okee Dokee!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  12:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello Secret Sister, your first package is on its way to you, I hope you like the goodies I sent. This will be so much fun.
Farm Girl Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  3:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Today I received my first letter and gift from my Secret farmgirl sister. I am not too happy with the remodeling that is being done next door to me which began last Thursday. They've been getting the home that was for sale now for rent instead. They've really trimmed back the tree ( residency for many songbirds) and now today major demolition to the yellow bushes (home to many yellow finches and other little birds) that border my home and theirs. My outdoor cats are not too happy cats either. Needless to say, I was not too happy today at all. My Secret Farmgirl Sister's letter arrived at just the right time.

My Secret Farmgirl Sister sent me a cheery letter and an inspirational card that I very much enjoyed.

"Find your own Calcutta!" Mother Teresa

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  3:58:47 PM  Show Profile
To my Secret Farmgirl Sister.....

I am happy to answer your questions right now:

1. I have been crocheting for a long time now. Getting the ends even is often a concern to newbies to crocheting. It's all in the counting and that turning chain. You can think of it like floors. Ground floor or first floor is the sc stitch, the in-between floors ( hdc), the second floor ( your dc stitch) the third floor ( your treble crochet stitch). Keep practicing. There are many helpful videos online to watch too that show you these stitches and how many chains to make when turning.

2, I began finally learning to knit in the summer of 2006. I enjoy knitting chemo caps and hats very much along with dishcloths and scarves.

3. Yes, I have cats as in too many. I have one cat that is officially my cat. I raised her since April of 2000 when her mommy abandoned her. She comes when I call her. The other cats are strays that think this is their permanent residency.

4. Teas..... herbal teas are my favorite but I love any kind of tea.

5. Well, I wanted to grow the Topsy Turvy tomato plant last year. But my hubby did not get around to finding a place for my plant. So hopefully this year we will. I like herbs like rosemary and basil and spearmint. That sounds fabulous making your own pesto sauce. I have to be careful about planting because of the cats that hang out here. That's why the Topsy Turvy plant would be just fine.

Thanks again for the cheery letter and the lovely inspirational card and blessing. It was wonderful!

Hugs,
Teresita

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  6:49:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
I received my first card from my SS today. It was a pretty little notecard with a poem in it, and a introductory note from my secret sister. You have beautiful penmanship and your drawings on the envelope were beautiful.
Thank you so much!
Terri

http://www.etsy.com/shop/terriholland00
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  08:22:31 AM  Show Profile
I love reading all the post when Secret Sisters start receiving their SS treasures. So happy we can all share in the joy.

Hugs,
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  11:48:08 AM  Show Profile
Gosh, went to the PO today and found a large handmade Valentine from my SS. It is beautiful! AND it has stars on it that glow in the dark. Can't wait to see what happens tonight when the lights are out.
Thank you so much SS.
Terri

http://www.etsy.com/shop/terriholland00
Go to Top of Page

PawPawGirl
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  9:30:31 PM  Show Profile
Received a lovely card and thoughtful message today from my secret sister with fun stickers of Norman Rockwell paintings...TYSS : )

Embrace simplicity~Celebrate comfort~Seek connectedness
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  09:35:07 AM  Show Profile
I must of posted the picture on different site. Not sure where it went.
Thank you secret sister for the card and fabric. Love it.
Happy Valentines to all.
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  1:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to my secret sister. I received the package today, book, bookmark, lotion and valentine kleenex thank you, again. Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428

Edited by - Catherine L on Feb 14 2011 12:59:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  12:56:22 PM  Show Profile

THANK YOU secret sister I recieved my package today my daughter wants to claim the necklace but it is all mine.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  3:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi SS, I received your lovely post card from Kansas. I never been there & it reminds me of one of the houses in the original Bonnie & Clyde movie :)Thank You

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

janicepearson
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Janice
Huntsville Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  3:42:55 PM  Show Profile
I received a sweet letter from my secret sister yesterday, can't wait to try the tea, thanks! Janice Pearson
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  5:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Today I received a nice valentine, craft git book, tea, and a few other items. Thank you so much SS, I have never had this tea before and it was great. the book looks fantastic.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  6:47:03 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,
I was having a very long week and today was not a good day. Imagine my cry of delight when I came home to find a package from you. I love the journal and purple pen...oh how I love purple. I love to journal and can't wait to use it. Thank you so much for making my day!

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Finke
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Sharon
Fink Tx.
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  07:50:19 AM  Show Profile
Help!
I have my package ready to mail, but no address. Can you help me?

~ Sharon
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  10:19:35 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Secret Sister for the beautiful Victorian Stand-up valentine card you sent to me - it is lovely! I happen to love Victorian and Kitties, I have it on my kitchen windowsil so I can really enjoy it!
Happy Valentine's Day to you too!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  2:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Today I received a beautiful primitive card (I love all things primitive)today with a wonderful bread recipe on the back and 2 bags of tea. I have not been feeling well as I have a throat infection, so my Secret Sisters card and tea was a happy pick me up and arrived just in time.
Thank you so much SS in AK (?), you made my day and week.
Looking forward to your next letter.
Farm Girl Hugs to you,
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  2:36:17 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,

I hope you feel better real soon! Those throat infections are just so UGH! Soothing teas and some honey too can be very soothing.

I like to also make an ACV gargle mixture (Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar)of 1 tsp to 1/2 glass of water. The recipe says to gargle 3 moutfuls of the mixture each hour and then spit out. The mixture is NOT to be swallowed because it's like a sponge that draws out the throat germs and toxins from the tissues. As the throat begins feeling better, then you can extend the gargling to every 3 hours.

Maybe this well help!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  5:17:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Teresita I will certainly try it. I love tea so I am been adding honey to it as well, yum.
FArm Girl Hugs,
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  7:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Get well soon Debbie! None of us like being sick, not on Valentine's Day or birthdays or any holidays at all either. I especially don't like getting sick during the Christmas holidays. I have a summer birthday so I am usually not sick at that time fortunately.

Here's a hug your way to help you smile and feel better!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page

homerbug
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Llahoma
Jacksonville AR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  4:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Send homerbug a Yahoo! Message

Love my first package from my Secret Sister. The apron has me so excited for spring! The pink bag is adorable! All of it is completely perfect!
~Llahoma

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Ghandi
Go to Top of Page

homerbug
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Llahoma
Jacksonville AR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  7:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Send homerbug a Yahoo! Message
I couldn't resist. The moment I saw the blank quilted heart shaped piece included in my package I knew what I wanted to do with it. Amazing what a few buttons and thread can do. It will go perfect on my MJF block quilt. I cant wait until the quilt is finished!

~Llahoma #2653
Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Ghandi
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  1:51:43 PM  Show Profile
today is Valentines Day and today from my secret sister I received one of the greatest ideas I have seen in a package; it contained: Valentine plates and napkins, valentine assorted size heart cookie cutters, Valentine cupcake liners, a really cute card, both pink and white sugar sprinles, 2 tubes of decorator icing, one is white and one is pink! I swear, she sent me all I needed except the eggs! Thank you so much SS!
Go to Top of Page

SantaTeresita
True Blue Farmgirl

474 Posts

Teresita
Sacramento CA
USA
474 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  3:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Sue, you are SOOOOOOOO lucky. I would say you have an ANGEL Secret Sister looking after you! Happy Valentine's day!

Farmgirl Sister #2503
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from the secret sister rund #9 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page