AmericanHwyFlower
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

A.R.
Yorba Linda CA
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  12:12:30 AM  Show Profile
And if you are trading one bag to each gal here... how many of you are there??? I am trying to see if I can play? Is it too late to join this swap??

Cherish Each Day
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  03:25:16 AM  Show Profile
You can swap with who ever you want, you do not have to swap with everyone if you don't want to...its all up to what you would like to do...since I started this I am trying to swap with everyone but as time goes by i may decide to pull it but for now the swap is on & you just have fun with it....no pressure to please everyone! Michele' #2622

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  05:05:39 AM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll Bags will go out on Friday to all involved in this swap created by Michele. If you have not sent me your address then do so now coz I need to wrap this one up by Friday. Also, when you e-mail me your address just post a note to tell if you want cloth or feed bag (plastic). I think it is great that Michele has started this in order to receive her badge from Mary Jane's Farm. Thank you Michele! It has been fun being in contact with all my cool SISTERS!!

Also, Michele, you mentioned the carpoltunnel glove----did you ever get one? They are pretty good and seem to help alittle. If you did not find one I may still have another one around here.

Love and Prayers,
Your SISTER
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  12:40:55 PM  Show Profile
thank you Daizy...yes I was able to find some fingerless gloves 7 ordered them...now I have 6 pairs so shouldn't lose them....hopefully!!!! I hope you & I meet again Daizy you are a fun hen to chat with...Michele' #2622

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  07:04:45 AM  Show Profile
Daizy and Lisa, I mailed your bags yesterday. I may have emailed you, but can't keep all this straight. Michele, I have a bag for you if you will send me your address. Thanks, Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  08:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Cathy, I mailed yours yesterday, too! Daizy and Michele, I still haven't gotten your info! Let me know so I can send you a bag!
If any of the new girls want to trade with me, I only have store-bought - let me know!
Thanks, L :-)
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  10:31:41 AM  Show Profile
to all of you that sent me your address i got the last of the bags out in the mail today....AR if you send me your address by email & I will send you a bag or would you rather have a feed bag? either is fine with me....& Llahoma I would love one of your feed bags instead of a regular bag. I sent one of the hens a chicken feed bag thats pink with the cutest hen on it & I thinka goat one would be perfect cause my neighbor girl who i also trade bags with has goats & I could make her a special one from your feed bag..... Since I am in Massachusetts I sent everyone but llahoma a bag with a lobster on one side & a cow on the other...I ran out so Llahoma you got my fancy black & white bag...looks like lace. This has been so much fun I think I will keep this open for a bit longer since we are getting new people who want to do it...Oh by the way & got the email & I earned all 3 badges!!!! Silly but I am sooo excited about it...that means I have 34 badges to put on the patchwork skirt! I will be a styling farmgirl thats for sure....Every one have a wonderful day...M'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

homerbug
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Llahoma
Jacksonville AR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  2:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Send homerbug a Yahoo! Message
That sounds beautiful.Thank you! I guess I didnt explain well-that I was hoping I would recieve a feed bag since I have no idea how to make those and would love to start making them.
Did I miss the email with addresses? I have bags waiting to see new owners!

~Llahoma #2653
http://llaholmsyndrome.blogspot.com *The Dixie Gypsy*

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Ghandi
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  2:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Homerbug check your e-mail for my address and I will have a feed bag for you

Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

homerbug
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Llahoma
Jacksonville AR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Send homerbug a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Daizy!! I wish I already knew-this will be fun!!

~Llahoma #2653

Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  6:50:10 PM  Show Profile
I want in this too!!!! I have been wanting a reason to get the old singer out and get her serviced. I have been thinking about making a feed sack bag.
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  04:45:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello Kim & welcome to this swap...I can tell you its been fun on my part & i haven't even gotten any bags yet! i made everyone wait for my address until I sent out their bags, cause I knew being without the car for a bit mine would be slow in getting out. since you are wanting to make yours I would suggest you look at everyones comments & find the ones who are also doing homemade bags/feedsacks so you can trade with them...unless you don't care that you get store bought ones. I still have at least one plastic feedsack to anyone i haven't swapped with who might like it. I also learned a trick that might come in handly when mailing them....go to the post office & get a bunch of the priority mail envelopes...fold your bag in it & seal it then take a regular brown large mailing envelope & slip that priority envelope into it....it cost too much to mail a bag in the priority envelope but it helps keep the bag flat so i was able to mail mine for under $2 each instead of $4.95. My mailman sorta gave me the idea when i tried to mail them in the priority envelope & they were considered too bulky...but they are excepted in the brown envelopes. Silly rule but hey when I was mailing out 7 of them it was a great idea.....also with the feed bags if you cut the paper off both ends it fits folding in them well.....I felt since we would be cuting the bags that this would be alright with the person we sent to....have a great day everyone...M'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  11:32:55 AM  Show Profile
Michele, wanted to say congratulations on getting your badges! That's not silly, it's hard work to co-ordinate all of us! ;) ----L
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  11:17:39 AM  Show Profile
thank you Lisa for your kind words! I have had a lot of fun with this & I think its great that for my 1st time earning badges i got so many wonderful hens who wanted to swap with me...have a great weekend everyone...M'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  4:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Hay Kim...HenLady35904,

WoooHoooo I have another Little SISTER....welcome, you are going to love it here. Have you heard about the Souther Sisters Get together next weekend? Go to the "Gathered Up" section and read about it. We would love to have you join us.

I'll Send you a bag too. (Even if you can't come join us.)

Love and Prayers,
Your SISTER
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  06:27:47 AM  Show Profile
Daizy, I would love to come but... I work every other week and next week is my week to work. Hope you all have loads of fun.
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  07:48:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Lisa, I received the bags yesterday. I just love bags, sometimes when I am leaving school, I have so many bags in my hands full of various things I feel like a bag lady.

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  10:32:18 AM  Show Profile
Cathy, Thank you so much, I got a package today! I'm so excited, you really brightened my day!
---L :)
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  06:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Daizy,
I found a good pattern for feed sack bags in the latest 'Backyard Poultry' magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but looks simple enough. Happy sewing!
Go to Top of Page

homerbug
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Llahoma
Jacksonville AR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  6:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Send homerbug a Yahoo! Message
Michele,
I received the very pretty bag in the mail this weekend. Thank you! Yours is in the mail.

~Llahoma #2653

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  10:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh I am so glad it got to you Llahoma...& I am glad you like it. Now that you have gotten yours hopefully the others got theirs as well or will soon. have a great week...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  1:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Michele, I got the bag and candy today. I will get yours in the mail hopefully, tomorrow. Thank you, Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  7:06:45 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll, Michele and Cathy, thank you so much for the bags you sent to me. They are so great!! I have worn out several bags and these are good and sturdy so they will last a long time. Love the cow and the chickens. Love the friendship the most. Your bags will be out soon. I had hoped to have them out already but I have had to fix fences. With the grass all gone for winter the cows are searching out everything on the fence-lines and they can find all the weak places when they do that. So I will have them out shortly. Thanks for starting the swap Michele, this has been fun, feed bags are working up nicely and they will all be sent at once. Cathy, thanks for becoming my pen pal - new idea for me - never had one before so I hope I don't disappoint you.

Got to feed dawgs and cats now. And SEW !!!!

Love and Prayers,

Your SISTER, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  7:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Also, I wanted to tell everyone that I am writing your names and dates in the insides of the bags I received, so I can remember who sent what as my brain doesn't always engage. Just thought it was a good idea and worth sharing. CU. Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  8:34:50 PM  Show Profile
Glad you ladies got your bags form me...love the idea of writing the names of the person who gave you the bag inside the bag...i think I will do that also as that way I can remember all the fun I had doing it...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 'Green' bag swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page