batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  12:13:06 AM  Show Profile
I just finished applying for my badges on being green & since I don't have a local chapter here it recommending I start a 'green' bag swap...Is anyone interested? I think they can either be handmade of store bought...what do you think? I make some of mine from the heavy plastic feed bags I get...duck tape is my friend!

The Old Batz Farm

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  05:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll

Michele, Wooo Hoooo, I have a New Baby SISTER!!! Welcome to MJF and you are just going to love it here....there are a ton of great SISTERS here so check out all the forums - you are bound to find a connection.

I have a chapter down here in Alabama called the Poor House Farmgirls and you are welcome to become a member (you don't have to live near me to be a member). But even if you don't want to join my chapter I would love to be a part of your bag swap. Isn't it fun to earn badges....or more to the point... to be the change we want to see!!

I hope you get a few more SISTERS to swap up too! I will exchange several to different girls, what fun!!

Love and Prayers,

Your Sister
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  08:01:19 AM  Show Profile
I'll join in especially if they don't have to be homemade.

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  11:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Daizy thank you for the Welcome yeap I love being a MJF hen so to speak...I moved here Massachusetts) from Georgia so since you are a neighbor :) I would love to be in your chapter, how do I do it? I am a old southern girl who sure misses her home so having a chapter like your would be wonderful for this ole heart.
Catherine, to be honest I think just the idea of the swapping of green bags from everywhere would be fun & I don't care if they are store bought or hand made. I have quite a few store bought that are colorful & I think they would be fun to share....The rule to my badge is just to have the swap no other details so I think we would be good to go.
Daizy & Catherine & anyone else who wants to swap with me send your address by email & as soon as I have the car...hubby has it for military duty right now I will get them out to you, then you can send any you want to me, I will have my address on the envelopes for you....Have a great day ladies...Michele'

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  11:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I would join your swap. My only exception, is that i'd like to have a hoe made, fabric one. I'm not a big fan of the store bought ones. E-mail me if you choose to do this

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  11:49:57 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Claude for your interest I am sure there will be someone who makes homemade ones. I am waiting for my feed bags to be empty so I can sew a few up would that be something you would be interested in...I checked with the company & there is no lead paint in the bags I use. I have one I am thinking about making a purse out of since it has a chicken on the front...I am all about the chickens here...lol....anyway check checking back & I am sure someone who does have homemade bags will swap with you....Michele'

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  5:33:08 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll

Michele, what pattern works best for the feed bag sacks? I have a ton of feed bags and just haven't gotten around to working them up yet. I'm sending you my address via e-mail and when I get your I'll be swapping bags with you and ...
Claudia and Cathy, look for my e-mails as well, I have bags for you too.

Love and Prayers,
Your SISTER
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

rural-rev
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Crystal
Hurst TX
5 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  6:13:42 PM  Show Profile
I would love to join, but I agree that a home made bag would be fun! This is my first post too!

taking care of people, places, and "peas" or peace.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  6:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll

Wooo Hoooo!! Lookie, I got another Baby SISTER!!! What fun this is! I'm sending you my e-mail right now....This is your first post and I just know you are going to have a blast here with all these great SISTERS. Check around on the forum and jump in anywhere,,,don't be shy.

Love and Prayers,

Your SISTER,
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  7:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
Got your e-mail! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  8:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Daizy I don't have a pattern so to speak, its in my head...along with all those other things that run around in there...lol I have been sewing for 42 yrs so I am pretty good at just cutting out the thing & putting it together...if you want a pattern a paper bag/sack works great as a pattern for this kind of thing & it don't cost you a cent. & you can make it as tall or short as you want. I take the old heavy plastic feed bags cut the bottoms off then cut it in half, that gives me plenty of height. The nice thing about these bags as you can actually sew them on your machine with no problems or do as I do occassionally & get out the fun colors of duct tape & tape it all together. I make sure when I use the ones with the duct tape not to put super heavy stuff in it cause its not that heavy duty gray tape that holds up a building! I make the handles out of the tape as well. I go thur so much feed hear that with all the dogs & cats & chickens I hate to see the bags go to the land fill so I try to make bags or use them as tarping inside the chicken coop....
Got your address Daizy, Cathy & Fairlee so as soon as I can get to the post office I will send them but like I said it might be a bit so be patient, I won't forget.
Cathy glad to see you doing this, I was a high school teacher (art & social studies) so I understand about time or even having any free time. You & Fairlee are both from Texas! Part of my family is there in Marble Falls & Houston. Oh & Daizy do you have an Sweet Potato Queens in your group? I have been a sweet Potato Queen since 2002.

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  08:15:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey, I'd love to join, but I'm with Catherine. I'm not much of a home-made bagger (if you want it to actually HOLD something). :) Are we still welcome?
Michele, I used to live in Massachusetts, it must be quite an adjustment for you! Especially with the storms that have been going on! Brrr!
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  1:46:59 PM  Show Profile
Lisalisa everyone is welcomed to this :) I just love the idea of getting to know more people & having girlfriends/hens to share with...homemade, store bought whatever is welcomed with me I hope to later get some made from my feed bags but til then mine I send will be ones I have picked up for stores, libraries ect...but they will be the colorful ones not the plain boring ones that I send. Send me a email with your address OK so when I get out of my home thur the mountains of snow I can send one to you as well :) Yes we have been hammered lately but I don't mind since I have everything I need here...food, coffee, more coffee & after that more coffee! Did I mention I love coffee...lol

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  7:35:34 PM  Show Profile
I'll join with you. I've been making some bags out of my daughter's used blue jeans. Some are really cute. I have some that I got at shows at the fair grounds too.
Daizy..would you take a Ky girl in your chapter. There's not one close to me. Plus, my family and I will be in Alabama in June after the kids get out of school for vacation. We're headed to Mobile and Dauphin Island. :)

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  8:18:15 PM  Show Profile
welcome aboard kymomma4! send me your address thur an email please & I hope you don't mind a store bought one for now from me!

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  07:03:25 AM  Show Profile
I have a couple of bags to swap if anyone is interested let me know....I would love to swap a feed bag if anyone has an extra one.

Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  12:48:06 PM  Show Profile
welcome diana! yes I will hold one of my feed bags for you...you are wanting the heavy duty plastic ones not the paper ones right? Send me your address by email Mine are for chicken feed so they have a cute chicken on the front. Tell me in the email its for a feed bag ok...my memory ain't what it used to be.....Michele'

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  7:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll

I am trying to play catche-up here so I am making a list - please correct me if I have made a mistake.
Michele wants a feed sack bag
Catherine wants eithera feed sack or cloth bag
Claudia wants a cloth bag
Crystal wants a cloth bag
Lisa wants a cloth bag
RoDonna wants a cloth bag
Diana wants a feed sack bag

Is that correct? Please let me know if this correct. I am going to our Cattlemens Convention this weekend and when I return I am finishing this project but I want everyone to get what they want so don't be shy. Let me know if I am doing what you want.

RoDonna, I am so sorry I haven't gotten back to you about joining our Poor House Farmgirl Chapter. I would love to have you come join us. What route will you take to get to the beach...I would love to buy you a cold drink or a cup of coffe if you are coming anywhere near me. I need to tal to Brian about the chapter/hen house to be sure I don't mess it up but I will contact you as soon as I reach him next week. This convention has me spinning in all directions.

Claudia, I haven't forgotten about our trade/barter. I hope you like the sun dress I have for you. I have to find another source for the bird houses/feeders becoz my craftsman has been ill and doesn't have any more made up. I still want the box of scraps tho so as soon as the conventions is over I will be gathering everything up to send your way. Sorry for the delay.

Ya'll have a safe weekend and stay warm. Again, let me know about any bag corrections.

Love and Prayers,
Your SISTER
Daizy

PHR Farmgirl #1093
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  01:21:18 AM  Show Profile
diazy whatever you send me is fine....Remember I only have store bought bags that I am sending everyone,...
Just to let everyone know thomas will be home Saturday so I will be mailing out the bags that day...won't the post office love me! have a great Friday everyone...M' #2622

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  07:17:32 AM  Show Profile
Daisy, I'm happy with whatever you have! It all sounds good to me!
How many bags am I supposed to send to you, and where do I send them? I need to plan, so give me a couple days!
Thanks- happy Friday - L
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  5:12:33 PM  Show Profile
Lisalisa, You are suppose to only send one to a person who want to swap with you......or I think we would be in big trouble, his way everyone can swap trade with who they want but if you & someone want to trade more than one that is up to you & that person. since I have so many of you I can only swap one bag per person...or feedbag.....as this goes along with others coming in you can keep swapping if you want...I know I will since I think it will be fun & i get to meet new people/hens :) M' #2622

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  08:29:27 AM  Show Profile
Ok, ok, long week, sick kids, my mental abilities were failing me!
Thanks for setting me straight... :-) --L
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  09:49:17 AM  Show Profile
lisalisa you are so silly...I think its my fault for not being clear...I was sooo ecited to work on a badge i wasn't as clear as I should have been :)

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

homerbug
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Llahoma
Jacksonville AR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  8:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send homerbug a Yahoo! Message
If this is still going on I would love to join. I would love to see how the feed bags look when completed. I have ducks and it kills me every time we throw the bags in the trash. I have a few ideas Ive been meaning to get to and this would be a great way to see how they turn out. Sending my info over. Hope Im not too late!

~Llahoma #2653
Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Ghandi
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  11:08:54 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies/hens...welcome aboard diana! I can get you a feedbag...i think i still have some plastic ones out in the shop along with all the paper ones! just email me your address please...
Ok for all of you that are waiting for your bags from me...went saturday to post office & tried to mail them in the one rate envelopes well they were too big so the post office couldn't accept them...sooooo today i will go get padded envelopes that will work & get them torn out of the old stuff & into the new ones & mailed out today...i will get extra envelopes so when i get your address diana I will mail yours...sorry for the long wait...Thomas came home & thankfully I got the car while he is on his 2 week training duty...If any of you did the scrapbook thing its already in the mail so be on the look out for it (diazy)...M' #2622

The Old Batz Farm
Go to Top of Page

AmericanHwyFlower
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

A.R.
Yorba Linda CA
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  12:10:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi... so are you all trading with one person or is each of you sending to everyone interested here?

Cherish Each Day
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 'Green' bag swap Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page