Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Storing Gasoline in Containers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Storing Gasoline in Containers? Next Topic  

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  09:50:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls - I am wondering what the best way is to store a can of gasoline would be? We have three varying sizes of plastic gasoline containers and a detached garage. My husband said that we should store it in the plastic gas cans, outside on the side of the garage, right there in the snow. I understand about it needing to be venthilated and out of range of heat, fire, electricity, etc., and about not keeping it in the house, of course! But I'm worried about it being exposed to the sun (although right now I'm pretty sure we're at a -14 wind chill - it's COLD out there), and I'm not so sure how it will react in the cold, either. I know it's a silly question, probably, but what is the best and safest way to store it? I googled a little bit, but pretty much the concerns are only for venthilation, heat, fire and electricity - I couldn't find discussion about extreme cold. Is my husband right? Thanks! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  12:49:48 PM  Show Profile
Aren't they always right? LOL We keep ours in an uninsulated shed in the backyard, don't imagine that that is much warmer then just being outside which right now is pretty darn cold. Keep it in the shed in the summer too.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  1:42:08 PM  Show Profile
Bite your tongue, Kathy! LOL!!! Never admit defeat! LOL!!! 'Just kiddin'! ;) Thank you! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  3:37:00 PM  Show Profile
Nini I would never admit defeat, I just make him think he is right. Just like I make him think it's his idea to wash the car, or help me with some project. Almost 32 years of marriage and he thinks he has so many great ideas. LOL
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  9:13:13 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhh... Kathy, you are very wise, indeed! I could learn much from you, as I have not yet mastered that technique! LOL! ;)

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  08:03:26 AM  Show Profile
Years of practice!!! he even thinks it's his idea when he gives me a back rub. Gotta love this guy he is a keeper.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Storing Gasoline in Containers? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page