jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  07:12:42 AM  Show Profile
photo on my blog.....little grand is due to arrive first part of March, and I have a lot of quilting to do in one month. I don't use a machine, because they don't like me. So I will sit in this chair a lot in the evenings to come...!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  07:16:53 AM  Show Profile
jeanie, that is a beautiful grand daughter. she is a mary for sure. i find the patience a quilt requires is not in me. i am in awe of those that can sit and stitch. it is so very pretty. she will love it and have it her whole life. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  08:26:20 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie, do you hand piece also? I machine piece and then hand quilt. I recently joined a quilt guild (after quilting for 20+ years) and was surprised that most of the ladies machine quilt their quilts. They bragged more about their quilt machines than they did their quilts. I surprised them by saying that I hurry and get a quilt top put together so I can sit and hand quilt.

Good luck getting the quilt done for the new arrival. Sometimes I think the kid will be walking by the time I get the quilt done but seems like I get-er-done.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  09:07:26 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful! I once helped my Mom and my Aunts hand quilt a gift for my Grandmother. What a work of love! Your Grandaugther will cherish that forever.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  4:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, all my quilting is done by hand. It is a bother to use a machine at all...I know you must all be laughing at me out there! It just gets in the way! However, one must be patient....it takes longer. Thanks for your sweet replies. Now back to quilting! :) I always think of the pioneer women who sat up late and used their hands. I like thinking of that.
farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jan 30 2011 4:25:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  05:18:47 AM  Show Profile
Jeanie,

The quilt is beautiful. I think it's wonderful that you do the whole quilt by hand. What a treasure that is to give to someone. I love to quilt as well. I do most of my other sewing on my machine, but when it comes to making quilts, I prefer to do the whole thing by hand. There is just something about a quilt that's been stitched completely by hand. I also like to think of the other women who came before us who made beautiful quilts and such. I wish that we could someone how channel their wisdom and hear about their lives. That's what I love so much about MJF. There are so many other ladies who love the same things that I do. I surely can't find anyone around here who does.
take care
hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  4:21:05 PM  Show Profile
I love your quilt. It is quite beautiful and a treasure for your grandchild.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2881 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2881 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  5:54:20 PM  Show Profile
Gorgeous Jeannie!
The colors are unlike any quilts that I have seen, & are so pleasing & calming!
I hope to learn to sew someday, but so far am frightened of anything needle & thread related.
Come to Ohio & teach me!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ruth Ann's Quilt Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page