Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 moisturizer/facial cleanser
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic moisturizer/facial cleanser Next Topic  

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  06:46:26 AM  Show Profile
Lately, my face has been dry and tight. I know this is mostly due to it being winter, but normally the moisturizer I use works pretty well for me. In the last couple of weeks, I have had super sensitive skin and have stopped using my normal soap (I washing my face with goat's milk soap which is usually wonderful) and my moisturizer since my skin has not only been tight, but breaking out a bit and stinging in places.

Do any of you have a product/home remedy (I would love for something natural) that you use and love?

Thanks!

Farmgirl Sister #37
http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  11:31:28 AM  Show Profile
Amy,
Try washing your face with a little bit of honey and warm water. Rinse well and pat dry. Just a bit of witch hazel on a cotton pad as a toner. Use a little bit of olive oil to moisturize.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  5:23:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Debbie! I have been washing with honey for since I read your reply and it is working great! No more tight and painful skin. Yay! I even used it some baking soda to remove some of the flakiness and it worked great that way as well.

Farmgirl Sister #37
http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic moisturizer/facial cleanser Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page