Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Whats up with my violet, and freezing ham
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Whats up with my violet, and freezing ham Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  07:20:08 AM  Show Profile
Bought a spiral ham last week, still have lots left. google says I can cut it and freeze it. Hope they are right. I have cooked it about a thousand differnt ways and don't want to see it for awhile.
My violet is blooming, hasn't done that in about a year, I moved it to a new place where it is much cooler maybe thats what made it happy. Posted a picture of course.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  07:23:15 AM  Show Profile
My violet bloomed about a month ago and I moved it about a month before that. My Christmas cactus is blooming again as well and it bloomed in November and is in the same place. Weird plants. Mother nature seems to know when I need to see flowers again.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  08:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
You can freeze ham - we've done it all my life. Mom always cut it away from the bone (and saved it for beans.) Even if it's boneless, the process is the same. She placed what we wanted to eat on plastic wrap, wrapped it well, then wrapped it again in foil. This was before the zip-top bag became a staple in most kitchens. After that, she still did the plastic, foil, and then bagged it. We thawed it on the counter (cool kitchen) or in the ice box - reheated as necessary - adding a bit of water or broth/stock if needed for moisture and enjoyed. Good luck!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  10:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh how I would love a little violet! Sadly we get NO light in our house. :(

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  2:55:04 PM  Show Profile
I dice up my hams, freeze it in baggies, and use it in soups and rice dishes. Yummy.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Whats up with my violet, and freezing ham Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page