Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What to do with handmade items? Next Topic  

Thistlewoodmanor
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Deb
Geneva IA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  10:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Thistlewoodmanor a Yahoo! Message
About 10 years ago my mom and I both collected Noahs Ark related items. She was also learning to oil paint and made quite a few Noah's ark paintings that she gave me. I've had them framed and hung in my house ever since. However, I'm no longer collecting Noah's Ark and want to use the hallway where they are currently hung to display family pictures. I just don't know what to do with them. I don't want to give them away, but I know if I box them up and put them in the basement they will most likely mildew and be ruined. I don't have a good storage place for them. They don't have any monetary value, just sentimental.

Any suggestions?

www.thistlewoodmanor.typepad.com

Valgirl
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Valerie
Hot Springs AR
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  11:03:03 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps you could find a local church to donate for tax deduction to the nursery, donate to a young girl in need so she can decorate the baby's new room, or perhaps a daycare or christian school. I am sure you could get a tax deductible reciept for any of these purposes. Or perhaps you can contact the dept. of human services and find someone in need.

Today is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Valerie (Farmgirl #2356)
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  11:14:06 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Valgirl - great suggestions. If your mom is still alive, ask her if she'd like to have them. If not, ask your sibling if they'd like to have one of the paintings your mom did. Take a picture of them so you can remember them and then bless someone else with them.
Go to Top of Page

Valgirl
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Valerie
Hot Springs AR
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  11:17:35 AM  Show Profile
My co-worker made a great suggestion.....Perhaps you can take the pictures and (for someone handy) make a table-top and cover it with glass and have a beautiful table of memories.

Today is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Valerie (Farmgirl #2356)
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What to do with handmade items? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page