Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  2:29:56 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have any ideas or remedies to get rid of a fever blister FAST? I have one on my upper lip and i have so much to do this week and i hate going anywhere when i have one. This is the first one i have had in a long time. I have been taking Lysine pills to kep them away but my mother in law had one and i guess i got it from her. Just wondering if anyone can help me. Iam putting alchol on it to try and dry it up quick. But i just don't know what to do. Please HELP!!!

I am ready for the warm weather. Bring it on. I am so tired of bein cooped up in the house!!!!

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  3:25:40 PM  Show Profile
papa puts dry baking soda packed on there just a thought sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  3:33:47 PM  Show Profile
Drink lots of buttermilk, plain yogurt, kefir. Your gut is out of whack and needs good bacteria. try also putting buttermilk right on the spot. Hope it goes away fast. Good luck. I have only ever had one.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  3:56:32 PM  Show Profile
I heard about mixing toothpaste and salt and putting it on there over night and also putting a tea bag on there. Hope it works to atleast weaken it cause i have so much to do this week and i don't want to go out in public with it. Basketball practice for son on tue night then dentist for son on wed and church that night then go to eye dr for glass on thur then on sat have a meeting and then basketball game that afternoon. So much going and i have to get a fever blister and hae to be in front of people. So embarassing.

I am ready for the warm weather. Bring it on. I am so tired of bein cooped up in the house!!!!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  05:27:16 AM  Show Profile
I put plain greek yogurt on mine, let it dry, then wipe iit off. Do this every hour while your awake. It will heal quickly and the cool yogurt will feel great. I make sure to use the greek yogurt that has only pure natural ingredients in the list. The preservatives in some yogurts can cause infection.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  07:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Well i put toothpaste and salt on there last night and it made it worse. I am so upset and it is so swollen now i am gonna try to get the swelling to go down today with ice so i can go out tonight to my sons basketball practice and won't have to feel embarassed or grose. I really wish i had not put that on there it might have looked better this morning but NOOOO. Don't know what else to do. So sad i am crying and really down right now. :(

Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  09:47:50 AM  Show Profile
Any other ways to get the swelling to go down other than ice????????????

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  09:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Do you have any alum. Its makes cold sores in the mouth go away

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  09:50:44 AM  Show Profile
What is alum??

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  10:36:39 AM  Show Profile
you can buy it in the spice section of the grocery. Its a white powder. I remember they used to make alum sticks, it was used to stop bleeding when you nick yourself shaving and it works. Google alum and it tells about it. It mentions how it works on canker sores.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  10:53:18 AM  Show Profile
My daughter is bothered with fever blisters also. We found a homeopathic remedy at the health food store, sorry I don't remember the name of it. It's in a small tube, you squeeze out a little and dab on several times a day, it really helped. It had lysine but also other ingredients as well. It even helped shingles when I had them.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

alpacagirl
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nita
Muskogee Oklahoma
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  6:04:10 PM  Show Profile
You really need probiotics and lots of them. You can get them at a good health food store. Don't know of anything else that dries them up fast. Keep your head up and remember - you are beautiful and made in God's image. This too will pass.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic A remedy PLEASE!!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page