Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Need help with interfacing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Need help with interfacing Next Topic  

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  07:25:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls... I'm working on a tote/hobo bag to take on my vacation (in two days!). I'm planning to use interfacing to give it a little body but I screwed up and bought sew-in and not iron on. How the heck do I use it? Do I cut is smaller than the shape of the bag or exactly the same size. FYI, the bag has a lining, so I know the interfacing with sandwich between those two pieces.

Thanks so much-
Kim in NC, who decided to sew too many things before leaving on a second honeymoon/10 year anniversary trip

JanO
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Jan
Washington
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  08:01:08 AM  Show Profile
I would cut it the same size and baste it to the outside fabric piece, on the wrong side. Then, after you add the lining trim up your seams to 1/4 inch or so and turn.

Edited by - JanO on Jun 20 2006 08:01:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  09:03:04 AM  Show Profile
THat is how I would do it too.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  09:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
dito that is how I do it as well standard method did the interfacing not have instructiions with it.

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Need help with interfacing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page