kathyjane
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kathy
Doniphan MO
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  10:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mary Jane and staff, I missed out on the Raising Jane magazine issue. I've heard Farmgirls talk about this issue and feellike I really missed out! It would be great if you could expand on the magazine and then put it into book format.

Kathy Jane
Farmgirl #2565

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  08:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Its not really an idea just an expansion of one of MaryJanes ideas. In my group last month we made the spice mixes. I have taken to working on the badges/meeting ideas in advance somewhat...so I had some of my mixes made 2 months prior to my actual meeting. I am a working girls so many days I start my day by ending my day. By this I mean after my husband leaves in the morning and prior to my leaving for the office I set my table and somewhat prepare dinner. I found that my taking the spice mixes and mixing them with olive oil in a small bowl when I wake and letting the spice mix & oil "merry" while I prepare for work (about 30 Minutes) and I then baste my roast with it infused spice oil making sure that is its good and rubbed and wrap foil or in a ziplock(minus the air) and let merinate in the fridge while I am away at work all day. I tell you it really in parts wonderful flavor to everything that I've tried. I think You could probably complete a whole chapter on infused oils and vinagars from the herbs we grow from our gardens not just these spice mixes and it would make a second layer for this badge too.

Love will make a way out of no way. -Lynda Barry

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic MJF Book Idea Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page