batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  6:46:07 PM  Show Profile
I told my husband I did not want a new set that I had always loved the ones from the 1940's- 50's so I drug him to pawn shops...I found the perfect set for $75 ( 1993) it had been worn so it was thin but I had them soldered together...well about 2 years ago they finally broke so I took an old solid thin gold band I had put that between them & soldered them all back together....thank goodness I am a silversmith! They wanted $50 to solder them even though I would provide the gold solder so I bit the bullet & did it myself hoping they didn't melt....When I look at them I think of my older relatives & the same kind of rings they had & it makes me feel good.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  05:19:34 AM  Show Profile
great solution, michelle! Aren't you glad you took the chance and went for it? Good for you.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

mothergoose
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Richere
tiverton rhodeiland
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  12:55:00 PM  Show Profile
When we got married I chose thick gold band with etched design and R(an etched heart)G on it because we both have same enitials.I wanted something I would not have to remove to do stuff.My DH can not wear one because dangerous at work.On our 25th he had heart and initials re-engraved.On our 30th he got me a thin gold band with 5 diamonds embeded in it,low profile ,never catches,never come off because they cant and thats fine by me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Wedding Ring Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page