Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Violet's Birthday Spring Horse!! (pics), pg. 1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Violet's Birthday Spring Horse!! (pics), pg. 1 Next Topic
Page: of 2

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  06:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Some of you gals wanted to see Violet riding her new (old/vintage) spring horse that we bought for her 2nd birthday gift. Here she is--this was taken last night after her Dr.'s appointment where she got her 2 year vaccinations. Guess she wanted to ride her troubles away!

The rest of these are simply from her birthday, and the night before when I caught she and her "best friend", Daisy, hanging on the couch.

Too much party!

My first attempt at making and decorating a birthday cake. Not too bad, but it SO stressed me out!

Waiting patiently for the singing to begin:

Violet and Daisy...

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Mar 01 2011 07:09:37 AM

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  06:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Jonni it looks wonderful. It is in really good shape and I just bet Violet will love having one of her very own to name and ride into the sunset. I imagine many of us remember riding our own bouncy horse and the hours of enjoyment we all got. My horse had to also contend with my 2 younger brothers and it was rode hard and put up wet many a day-poor thing. If I try hard enough I can remember my Mum saying to please give the horse some rest...please! :-) Have a safe and fun trip on saturday!!!

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  07:44:38 AM  Show Profile
A Calvin Borel in the making??
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  08:02:49 AM  Show Profile
@Karen--I thought it looked really nice, too. I wasn't even worried too much about the frame or anything, because my fil could refit it if necessary, but the couple said their grandchildren have outgrown it and it belonged to their kids. I love that you said, "it was rode hard and put up wet many a day-poor thing." That's what my daddy always said! There are a few years where almost every picture of me is on that horse--I simply never got off of it!

@Lisa--possibly, without the fisticuffs ;)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  08:20:34 AM  Show Profile
Looks fun! My mom stil lhas two of those at her house, and Rosemary loves to play on them when we visit. I wish we had room to get her some things like that.

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  08:22:16 AM  Show Profile
she is going to just love it. you are such a great mommy. we see you always going the extra mile for her to have the best. i loved my horse too happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  08:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni- That is great! I got one for Nora about a year and a half ago. She really loves hers. Ours is a bay- I like the white one two! Violet is going to love her horse!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  08:35:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Sherry, that's a very dear compliment. I really try to give her things that I know she'll love--things that both her daddy and I had fun with as children, but all in moderation. Everytime something new comes in, somethng gently used goes out to another child who might like it. We aren't rich, but I want her to remember her childhood as fondly as I did mine and I know my momma and daddy sacrificed a great deal for me.

@Elizabeth--she plays on her daddy's old horse at Nana's house--Loves it. Spends all her time shouting, "yee HA!" and "Gyup!" We have a small house, but we're pretty good at organization. If it's in the living room, it's in the living room :)

@Alee--Mine was a Bay, too!

Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  09:49:11 AM  Show Profile
We had her little push car in the living room for the longest time! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  12:24:32 PM  Show Profile
Nah, I'm not a person who has a formal dining room or living room, we live in a cottage, so we make do with things where we have to. We have a study, and that's where the horse will probably go. Currently, her room is pretty well occupied :)

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  2:05:19 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, My oldest daugher had one and she rode it to death! I have photo's of her asleep on it, asleep and falling off, She loved, loved, loved that horse. She had a sock monkey and would hold it in her mouth by its tail, and there it would stay - what a sight!
I bought both of my granddaughers spring horses when they were little, they loved theirs, but nothing like Mom and Auntie did!
I just know Violet will have the best time on it - looking forward to seeing photos of that pretty little girl on her horsie!
You did good on Criags List too!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

cntrygrl
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

Tommie
Kansas
USA
139 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  4:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Its beautiful Jonni!!! How fun for Violet.

Yee-Haw!
Tommie

~Live~Laugh~Love~
~Dust is a country accent~
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  11:01:55 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful find for sweet Violet Jonni :) You are a great mom like Sherry said, going the extra mile to make her life so special.

My honey and I were just at an antique store Tuesday and I saw the same type of spring horse my younger brother had growing up. I wished I had one too!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  2:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
too cute, jonni, and looks to be in great condition. i know violet will love it!
when is her birthday in february, i cant remember the exact date.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  2:37:46 PM  Show Profile
Boy does that bring back memories.... my brother and I had one too!
Jonni, I think you will have just as much fun as Violet. Enjoy!!!

~Vicky~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. ~~Ronald Reagan

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  11:30:30 AM  Show Profile
I wish they made them for adults! Every office should have one, let me tell you!!!

I'm super excited and we drive tomorrow to Indy to get the little gal/fella. Going to eat at our favorite restaurant for lunch on the way back (Shelbyville, Indina, Compton's Cow Palace) that I've been eating at since I was a little girl. Maybe do a little shopping in the Broad Ripple area since there are some GREAT individually owned shops there, very unique (including a Three Dog Bakery) and then home a little bit of the scenic route.

@Sharon, I know a lot of folks who buy them just to have them in the house--you should, too :)

@Frannie--Violet will be 2 on the 27th of February. We're celebrating much smaller this year, but celebrating none the less. Some spaghetti and meatballs (currently her favorite meal) and a few friends and family.

@Vicky--I know you're right! I will have as much fun as she will...I just love to hear her say, "yeeHA." It's very matter of fact and it's this little tiny voice coming from this little tiny girl who is growing up, right before my very eyes.

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  6:39:41 PM  Show Profile
I loved my wonder horse - my mom decided I had outgrown it and donated it to our church school, I was soooo upset. Violet will love it!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  07:09:15 AM  Show Profile
We picked it up on Saturday!!!! And it's amazing! I'm so excited for her to ride it--I almost caved and gave it to her immediately, but we need to clear a little space in the back room so I can wait till her birthday at the end of the month. YAY!!!!

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  10:11:52 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, Has Violet seen her horse yet? I can hardly wait for pictures!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  11:02:45 AM  Show Profile
She rode the whole way home with it, Ruth, but she was sleeping when we put it into the car. She didn't even notice his "tail" right next to her car seat :) Didn't see it unloaded, either. She'll have to wait the long month of February, but I know it will be worth it!!!!

I'll take pictures as soon as we give it to her, if not before--it's even better than the photos on Craigs List. The horse has the original paint, and seems to be either a Dapple or Appaloosa because the horses bum has darker grey spots :)

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  1:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is awesome, Jonni! Violet is going to love it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  2:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni, That is so neat! You all are going to have fun with that horse, especially Violet! I'm excited too! :)
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  08:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Jonni
I cannot believe it has been 2 yrs. She looks so LONG!
& your cake looks fab! Did you buy some special cakemaking supplies? I could never do that!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  08:22:36 AM  Show Profile
I know, Lisa...she really IS long! Long and thin as a rail, just like her daddy.
The cake turned out MUCH better than I expected--I had little hope for my decorating skills, and even less hope for my cake-baking skills, but it was really good. My friend here at the office, Barrie, loaned me her Wilton cake decorating kit she's has since 1978 and it worked beautifully. I was VERY nervous, and I don't know if I'll do it again, but next year is a ways off :)

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile
That horse brings back memories. I spent hours on one when I was little. Thanks for sharing!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  11:20:24 AM  Show Profile
I sure loved mine, Diane, and she rides one at her Nana's, that belonged to her daddy, now to all the grandchildren. I really wanted her to have one of her own so that she could ride till the cows come home!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Violet's Birthday Spring Horse!! (pics), pg. 1 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page