Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  3:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Don't know if any of you all are familiar with the Consumer Queen, but she is amazing about keeping everybody informed about every single offer out there. She's been on the Today Show and others. But I'm thrilled because she did a very kind article about one of my blog subjects today and even called me by name!! That's just too neat. :-)
http://www.consumerqueen.com/uncategorized/oklahoma-pastry-cloth-dehydrating-veggies#

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com

The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:14:31 PM  Show Profile
That's wonderful Mary Beth!
I can see why she metioned you, checked out your blog and I think I'd want to try it out. We love broccoli and freezing it takes up too much room and as much a we love it I think there should be more meat than broccoli in the freezer. (I think we might need a chest freezer 'cause as much as I love the pull out drawers in the freezer there just doesn't seem to be enough room)
Do you think drying onions would be the same/similiar as drying celery? Would you need more/less time in the dehydrator (you said 12/13 hours for the celery)
Thanks
jessi Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Onions are EASY to do. They need about the same time and of course, it depends on the dehydrator. You can dry garlic too. However, with both of those items, the smell will run you out of the house, so for those little jewels, I either put the dehydrator in the garage or on the back porch.

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  11:54:28 PM  Show Profile
That's soooo cool Mary Beth! Maybe she'll find your awesome bread recipe too ;)...........hey, in another post somewhere, I asked you about shipping & the muffin rings.....I forgot to subscribe to that post & can't find it for the life of me.....did you see it?

Farmgirl Sister 1575* * * It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive * * *
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  2:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Beverly, I'm sorry, I didn't see that post. Were you wanting to know what shipping would be on the rings?

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Consumer Queen Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page